Ch.2: Getting to know you

Blossoming Love, Swelling Hearts

"Again."
"Try to sing on beat, Yunhyeong."
"Don't be so breathy. Your voice needs to be more solid."
Yunhyeong opened his mouth again to sing the line he had been singing for the last thirty minutes.
Hanbin stopped the music. Yunhyeong put down his mic.
"Your main problem here is that you have no control over your voice. That's why you can't follow the rhythm and your voice sounds a bit shaky."
Yunhyeong nodded, clutching his mic.
"Let's stop here," Jinhwan said, "Koo Jun-hoe, you're up next."
The fashion terrorist stood up and took the mic from Yunhyeong. Without any traces of anxiety, he confidently strode towards the center of the practice room.
"I'm going to sing without music."
Hanbin raised his eyebrows, anticipating.
"What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I’m on your magical mystery ride
And I’m so dizzy, don’t know what hit me, but I’ll be alright

My head’s under water
But I’m breathing fine
You’re crazy and I’m out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I’ll give my all to you
You’re my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I’m winning
'Cause I give you all, all of me
And you give me all, all of you"
"Hanbin's ears perked up as soon as the younger boy started to sing. His voice was raspy, rough, yet warm and alluring.
How many times do I have to tell you
Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
You're my downfall, you're my muse
My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
I can't stop singing, it's ringing, in my head for you

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind"
Junhoe went on to sing the chorus, but Hanbin was mesmerized.
He found himself falling deeper and deeper into the younger's jet-black, alert, intriguing pupils. His deep, dark voice sent chills down his spine as he twirled his pen.
Bobby was awed as well. Jinhwan had a smile of appreciation marked on his face.
"That was quite good, Koo Jun-hoe," Hanbin blurted out after the song ended.
Junhoe smiled sheepishly.
"I cracked a bit back then," Hanbin was drawn to his smile, which brightened up the atmosphere. Hanbin could feel the end of his lips twitching. Before he could broke into a grin, Jinhwan came to his rescue.
"We can always fix that. You're still undergoing puberty. Improvements can be made over these years. That's what you're here for."
A few minutes later
The golden trio was standing outside the practice room. "Yunhyeong has a good voice, but he really cannot control it well," Bobby sighed.

"On the other hand, that fashionable lad Koo Junhoe was quite impressive."
Hanbin was staring into space. Jinhwan waved a hand in front of him. "Hello? Hanbin? Earth to Hanbin!" 
The leader came to his senses almost immediately. "What?"
"Bobby and I were just evaluating the two newbies. What do you think?"
"I have nothing to say. They were above mediocre but not that good," Hanbin might have meant that for Yunhyeong, but deep down he knew Junhoe was special. Not that he was jealous of the younger's talents, but because of a weird feeling thriving in his chest.
"Are you kidding me? Dude, the fashion terrorist sounded great to me," Bobby was taken aback by Hanbin's cold response, yet the latter merely shrugged and entered the room again.
"We'll get you to our dorm. Take your luggages," he told Yunhyeong and Junhoe.
On the car
Hanbin, Jinhwan and Yunhyeong took the back seat while Junhoe and Bobby sat in front. At first, there was nothing but awkward silence. So awkward that even the driver glanced at them in a strange manner. 
As expected, the cheerful Kim Jiwon was the first one to take the initiative to break the ice.
"So where are you guys from?" 
"I'm from Seoul," Yunhyeong answered courteously, still nervous and tense.
"What about you, Junhoe?" 
"I'm from Seoul as well," Junhoe, on the other hand, was relaxed.
"I'm from ia, actually. Jinhwan is from Jeju Island. Uri Hanbin is from Goyang." 
Another moment of torturous silence.
Bobby laughed nervously. "Why don't you two tell us something more about yourselves?" 
Yunhyeong gestured for Junhoe to go first. Hanbin was looking out of the car window." 
"I'm born on the 31th of March, 1997. I went to school but quitted just to train here. My favourite artist is Michael Jackson and I can dance like him. I have an older sister born in 1994. I really want to become an artist so bad and I hope to get along with you all." 
"I'm born on the 8th of February, 1995. I used to study at Hanlim Arts High School to become an actor. But YG scouted me one day and that's how I realized my dream of becoming a singer. Please treat me well!"
Jinhwan who had been drowsing off for a bit, spoke up. "Training here is going to be tough. Blood, sweat and tears (A/N: BTS OMG) will be shed, no doubt. I expect you have been informed that we have evaluations every month, right? Well, kids, just try to catch up with us and we will be guiding you along the way." He glanced at the leader beside him. "Anything to add, Hanbin-ah?" 
"Learn well," Hanbin said nonchalantly. "Survive well." 
At the dorm
"So Yunhyeong, you'll be sharing a room with Jinhwan. Junhoe, you'll sharing with Hanbin."
"Bobby hyung!" Hanbin whined, "Why don't YOU share your room."
"Because my feet stinks and I pick my nose and my clothes are scattered everywhere. Not like I wear them to sleep anyways. My armpit hair might have a pungent smell which will scare the newbies away." 
Jinhwan shook his head as he helped Junhoe with the luggage. "Aish, this kid." 
Hanbin wanted to protest but Bobby had already rushed to the bathroom for a shower. "See ya later!" he laughed heartily.
Junhoe walked up to a dumbfounded Hanbin. "Hi, roommate," he held out his hand.
Hanbin glanced at him, "Uh, hi." He shook Junhoe's hand. It was small in his, enveloped perfectly and tightly. He felt like holding his hand forever. It was so warm, so tender, so bony, so...
"Uh, Hanbin-hyung, you're grasping onto my hand too tightly," Junhoe bit his lip.
Hanbin blushed furiously. He immediately let go of the hand. "Sorry. Let me help you with your things." 
Junhoe had brought a red and orange-coloured luggage with him and a purple bag to go with his shirt. Hanbin took the luaggage and opened the door to his room.
Hanbin's bed was laiden with notebooks, papers, pens, clothes and snacks. He had been composing a variety of songs lately. 
"You take this bed," Hanbin laid down Junhoe's things and went off to change his clothes. He took off his shirt. 
"Where is my damn red shirt?" he started to rummage through the pile of clothes on the bed and on the floor, half-. He frantically ran around until he spotted someone staring at him. 
"What?" he asked Junhoe, whose eyes never left the leader's physique.
"Nothing," he cooly replied, pointing towards a red shirt stashed in a corner. "Is that the one?" 
"Oh yes, thanks," Hanbin took off his training pants. Now he was only in his boxers. He put on the shirt and went off to write the half-written song.
Junhoe, who was silently unpacking his stuff, was surprised. 
"You don't wear pants at the dorm?" 
Hanbin laughed. 
"I don't wear anything at all before, but I guess I have to wear something when you guys have just arrived." 
Junhoe doesn't really get this whole thing.

A few moments later
"Jinhwan-hyung, you can shower now," Hanbin came out of the bathroom with wet hair and a body. He had a towel thrown around his neck as he walked back to his room.
He was about to open the door when Junhoe bumped into him. As a reflex, Junhoe's arms reached the wall of him, circling Hanbin in his embrace.
Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.
Junhoe was staring into Hanbin's eyes. Hanbin was holding his breath. Junhoe felt his heart tingle, a bit.
Bobby just HAD to walk in on them at this very instant.
"Hanbin-ah, I just found out that the song we're remixing...Oh wow, nice position, mates."
Bobby paused in the middle of the sentence, bewildered and wide-eyed at the state of the two 15-year-olds.

Junhoe, who came back to his senses, hid his hands behind his back. Hanbin cleared his throat, making a last-ditch attempt not to blush. It was hard to, especially when he was and wet and hot (A/N: IN TERMS OF TEMPERATURE YOU ERTS)
Bobby left with a smirk on his face. Hanbin brushed past Junhoe without looking up and headed straight to bed.