Ch.1: The fashion terrorist

Blossoming Love, Swelling Hearts

B.I's POV

April 2012

"Memories etched between the passing seasons
Among them, I remember the first day that I saw you
Your innocent laughter on a sunny summer day

Did you know

That dazzling moment will become an eternity?"

Endless sleepless nights. Incessant training. Clocks and watches ticking by. Sweat dripped.

The burden of being the leader of the team has never mitigated for the 15-year-old boy. He was exasperated, overcome with fatigue.

"Hanbin-ah, you look like you can use some sleep," the eldest hyung among the trio, Jinhwan, suggested with a sympathetic look on his sweat-coated face.

The youngest boy staggered to his feet, fire blazing in his pupils.

"No," he said firmly. "Practice continues. Don't slack off."

The other two just shrugged. Bobby, the lad from ia, the speakers again. The piece that Hanbin had just finished the day before blared through their eardrums. 

Jinhwan started off with his flexible dance moves. He was the best dancer out of the trio, being tiny and short himself. Hanbin was sharp and accurate at his moves. Bobby went with the "swag" and flowing style of his. They perfectly mended each other's flaws. They were often praised by seniors for being the "Golden Trio" due to their teamwork and compatibility.

Knock-knock.

The door to their practice room creaked open. 

The trio spontaneously bowed, seeing their boss, Yang Hyun Suk. Bobby turned off the speakers. The three ambitious trainees stood in a line, like peas in a pod.

"I hope that you are practicing really really hard. Because I have a piece of news to tell you," he said, hands behind his back.

Whenever YG was around, the atmosphere darkened. The trio found him exceptionally intimidating. 

"There will be two boys joining you tomorrow, their names are Koo Jun-hoe and Song Yun-Hyeong," he said with a stolid expression.

Hanbin squinted. Jinhwan looked attentively at him. Bobby shuffled on his feet.

"The first one was a former contestant of Kpop Star. He just turned 15, like Hanbin.

The latter is 17, who almost became an actor until I discovered his potentials in terms of vocal ability." 

"They will be arriving here tomorrow morning and will be moving into your dorm to live with you three. Don't be too harsh on them, Hanbin."

And with that, he left the room. 

Silence. 

1.

2.

3.

"Wow, that's....some big news," Jinhwan was the first one to speak up about this sudden matter.

Hanbin sighed heavily. "Will they be able to fit in?" He spoke the only concern on his mind.

"We'll have to wait and see. They can improve, anyways," said Bobby, reassuring his teammate.

The Next Day

Hanbin didn't sleep a wink. Dark circles were prominent under his eyes. Jinhwan was aware of that as he shook his head. The younger boy was worrying too much.

The trio sat silently on the benches of the dim practice room, waiting for the newcomers.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. 

Minutes passed by. Hanbin craned his neck so much that he felt like he was about to turn into a giraffe.

"Where are they?" He grew impatient. Bobby drew circles on his back, messaging his neck.

Knock knock.

The trio held their breaths. There were the two newcomers.

Oh crap. Hanbin thought.

The first one to come in was totally looking fine and normal. White sneakers, black training pants, black t-shirt, and a black snapback. Typical trainee look.

But the second one was the walking definition of FASHION TERRORIST.

Hanbin wanted to cry.

Green snapback, red necklace, purple t-shirt, red shorts, grey socks, brown leather shoes.

Jinhwan and Bobby tried not to laugh. But Hanbin COLLAPSED.

"Hello, I'm Song Yun-Hyeong," the first to come in introduced himself. The trio nodded.

"Hello, I'm Koo Jun-Hoe," the second one bowed. Ah, the K-pop Star contestant.

"This is going to be chaotic," Hanbin thought to himself.

Without saying anything, Hanbin walked towards the two trainees and nodded. 

"Hello, I am B.I, leader of the team, you can call me Kim Hanbin," his voice boomed in the room. Yunhyeong was taken back, a bit. Yet the "fashion terrorist" next to him had a cheeky and sheepish smile marked on his face. Hanbin wanted to wipe that smile off his good-looking face.

"I'm Bobby Kim, you can call me Jiwon," Bobby flashed his eye smile.

"Kim Jinhwan," Jinhwan was still biting his lips from laughing at Junhoe's outlandish attire. 

Hanbin couldn't help it anymore. He was about to tell Junhoe to change into something more proper for this occasion when...

"Junhoe, right?" Jinhwan asked, "Uh, those clothes sure don't look...comfy, I guess? I mean, we're only practicing, no need for flamboyant and garish clothes."

"This is my style," Junhoe smiled at him merrily. Hanbin mentally rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, wear this only for today, tomorrow, please please please change into something less flashy," Bobby warned, eying Hanbin in case he exploded, "Yang Hyun Suk Sajangnim doesn't like trainees with flashy clothes. He likes simple. You want to be favoured by him right?"

Junhoe pondered for a while. Hanbin cleared his throat.

"I guess that's settled, then," he said in a calm tone, "Let's hear you guys."