◈ 2 ◈

Struck Him Not

 

The next morning, I gave Mother a call about what happened yesterday. Regarding to the luggage. She didn't seem so shock but she said it was probably her fault. With that being said, I didn't ask any further about it.

We then started talking about my new house and the reason why I was here. I got mission to accomplish. The time given was 3 months and to add another pressure, I shall not fail. Mother said I was going to lose everything if I couldn't make it in that months given. She kept reminding me to stay focus because this was a really tough task for me to do. Frustrating.

My head felt a little weight after thinking about all those things. I hate it when I have to think about some matter that stress me out. Why would you stress out when you have better things to do that could give you joy?

So I went to the balcony to reduce the heavy thoughts inside my head. Yesterday was a hella hectic that I forgot to adore the view which immediately glorify my pair of eyes. Big city, busy streets and beautiful building architectures. The weather was pretty cold because it was October, where it was nature's funeral month. They died with glories. Fiery and blazing colors burst in wild explosion of fall. Cold breeze filling the air. Still, a masterpiece.

While mesmerizing the morning beauty, a bark shocked me, making my head turned to see a fluffy white Samoyed next to my balcony automatically. He jumped excitedly with his moving tail and hung out tongue. It reminded me of Lobby, my also purebred Samoyed. Lobby had been living with me since I was little. Staying this far away from him of course bit harder for me.

"Ya Mong, why-"

I bowed right away towards the bedhead I saw yesterday who just stepped out to his balcony. Just like yesterday, a bedhead hairdo and thank God, a proper pyjamas.

He bowed to me as well and asked, "did you sleep tight last night?"

Mong made me stop from answering because my eyes glued on him who couldn't stop from being hyper. He still jumping and barking even Suho tried to calm him. Suho's attention was all on his over excited dog. My eyes were glued between them. They reminded me to Lobby, how I already missing him. Mother should at least let Lobby join me as I don't have to be lonely living alone. I could play with my dog whenever I want and tell him everything folder inside me.

Not long after, Mong remained calm on his master's arm. "Eh! What's with the tears?" asked Suho worriedly to his Samoyed.

Hearing the question then made me filled in curiosity. Dog's cries are my weakness. I asked the current situation immediately to the bedhead who seemed not know the real answer why his dog cried.

"I don't know. He barely cry." said the master of the dog.

Mong started barking again but this time aggressively. The hyper Mong changed to a wild dog that sent another level of worry to Suho and myself. It looked like Mong was in pain but both of us didn't know what was really going on. When Suho tried to stop his dog's sudden violent, Mong appeared to attack him with a bite on his left arm. My eyes went wide opened with hand covered my mouth.

Couldn't stand the current situation, I decided to check on both of them.

"I'm going there! " as I shouted, worried.

I hurriedly took the aid box and a cotton blanket with me, rushing to Suho's house.

When I reached the front door, I could listen to Mong's cried clearly came from the other side. My grip became tighter to the things I was holding.

The moment the door opened, Mong jumped right into me with full speed, making me stumbled down. Just as heavier as Lobby.

"MONG!" Suho shouted.

I thought Mong was going to attack me like he did to his own master. The time his tongue my face, my worries went away. His wild was gone too. I patted his head gently while he kept me, which was very ticklish and made me chuckled. My heart found serenity. This is the Mong I wanted. Not the wild Mong.

I got up from the fall, kneeling to give Mong a full hug. His eyes still watery from his tear. It made me weaker. I was fully hoping he was okay.

"Bogoshipo." I exclaimed without realizing. 



 

"He never react to anyone like that. Even my mom," Suho spoke; still couldn't believe what just happened, "He usually scared of people he not use to see and will just hide behind me."

Our eyes plugged towards Mong who was already sleeping with the cotton blanket I brought. While my hand was cleaning the bruises Mong left with a clean towel and warm water. Thank goodness that it was just bruises.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, concerned that I might hurt the bruises.

However, he shook his head and smiled.

"Aniyo. It hurt me more to see how wild Mong could be that he even dare to bite me."

Wondering whether he was actually hurt because his dog just bite him, I pictured Lobby itself to attack me like that. The pet I'd been care about, the pet I feed, the pet I play with, the pet I love with all my heart. It hurt. Absolutely.

"Don't you think he was so excited to meet you?" Suho managed to ask, stopping me from picturing further.

I grinned, "Ne. He's just like Lobby."

"Lobby?"

"I have a Samoyed too. Named Lobby. I left him with Mother. So that, Mother has someone to look after her for my absence." I exclaimed.

"It's okay. I can share Mong with you. He already likes you. I can't stop that," he stated, grinning.

I couldn't stop but widely smile. It was such a grace to have someone who willing to share his pet with you. I didn't think I should miss this chance. Yet, no other dog would replace Lobby.