Second

만약에 (If)

“I like someone.” Youngjae said.

 

---

 

“Hyung??? Are you okay?”

 

Youngjae looked at Mark who didn’t say a thing but only giving a surprise look.

 

Mark slowly opened his mouth. “Who is it? Someone that you like?”

 

Youngjae shyly smiled. “It’s embarrassing, I never thought that I would have a crush on him.”

 

“You know him too hyung.”

 

Mark was dying of curiosity. “I...I know him?” Youngjae just nodded.

 

“Who is it Youngjae? Who is that someone you like? Please...let it be me...”

 

Mark really whised that Youngjae will say his name.

 

“I like...Jaebum.” Youngjae said in a sweet tone.

 

Mark’s heart was broken into pieces at the time Youngjae mentioned the name.

 

He had never thought that his one sided love for Youngjae all this year would just end up with such a sad ending.

 

Because Mark had always this little hope that one day Youngjae will love him back.

 

“Hyung??? Why don’t you say anything?” Youngjae patted Mark on his shoulders.

 

Mark forced himself to smile. “That’s great. Jaebum seems like a nice person.”

 

“Really?” Youngjae happily smiled.

 

“I thought so too. Jaebum is super nice, he’s smart and polite, and you know, he’s our class representative. And...he’s good looking too.” Youngjae chuckled.

 

“Hyung, I’m so happy that I can tell you everything. Thank you.” Youngjae smiled.

 

Mark forced himself to smile back to Youngjae, while holding his tears from falling.

 

---

 

Mark was alone in his room, he was crying the whole night. His bestfriend has broken his heart.

 

Mark was mad, he was mad at himself for not confessing his feeling to Youngjae earlier.

 

Even if the younger couldn’t love him back, at least he won’t be feeling as bad as now.

 

But it was too late to regret everything now, nothing he can do.

 

Mark took a small box from the drawer, he opened it and took a couple of necklaces.

 

One had ‘M’ symbol, and the other one had ‘J’.

 

Mark wished to give one to Youngae on the day when he finally confess his love to the younger.

 

But his bestfriend was in love with someone else, he thought that he would never had the chance to confess anymore.

 

All Mark wished was only to see Youngjae happy, and so that he will do anything to make the younger happy even if it will broke his heart.

 

Mark put back the necklaces into the box, and kept it back in the drawer

 

In the end Mark had to give up, he had to throw away his feeling for Youngjae and let it become one untold story.

 

---

 

Days have passed, and it was Saturday afternoon when Mark was getting ready to leave to Youngjae’s house.

 

Both of them have planned to spend weekend together at Youngjae’s house.

 

Mark pressed the door bell, and soon enough Youngjae appeared.

 

“Hi hyung.” Youngjae smiled.

 

Mark was happy just simply by seeing his bright smile. Youngjae and his bright personality has always brought happiness for Mark.

 

One out of thousand reasons why he loved Youngjae.

 

“Hi.” Mark quickly stopped himself from losing deep in thought.

 

Youngjae than grabbed Mark’s arms to let him in. “Come in.”

 

They both went sitting in the living room. “What should we do today?” Youngjae asked.

 

“Anything you want.” Mark replied.

 

“I have this new game, you should try.”

 

Youngjae showed the game on his laptop to Mark. And Mark seemed to be interesting to try it.

 

But suddenly Youngjae’s phone was ringing, he quickly picked up the call.

 

Youngjae got up, and walked toward the kitchen. After some minutes, he back in the living room.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Jaebum just called me.”

 

Mark was a bit surprised, but he tried to hide it. “What did he say?”

 

“Euhm...he asked if he can come and jois us.”

 

“So?”

 

“Yeah you know, he was afraid if you will get mad again like last time...” Youngjae said in hesitation.

 

Mark awkwardly chuckled. “Oh...tell him to come.”

 

“Is that okay for you?”

 

Mark smiled and just nodded to the question.

 

“Cool. I will call him back.” Youngjae happily said.

 

---

 

Jaebum has arrived and he joined the two in the living room.

 

“Hi hyung.” Jaebum said to Mark.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Guys, I will get the drink and snack ready for you.” Youngjae said then left to the kitchen.

 

Mark and Jaebum were awkward to each other, no one dared to talk first. They just watched the random show on TV.

 

“..........”

 

“..........”

 

“Euhm...hyung.” Jaebum finally broke the ice.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I’m sorry...”

 

“For what?”

 

“You know...last time...at the cafe...”

 

“I’m sorry too...I shouldn’t have acted like that.”

 

“And we shouldn’t have ignored you.” Jaebum words made both of them laughed.

 

“Then we’re cool?” Jaebum continued.

 

“Yeah...I guess.” This time they laughed at Mark’s words.

 

Suddenly a scream stopped them from laughing. “Ahhh!!!” The sound was coming from the kitchen.

 

Both Mark and Jaebum quickly got up and ran toward the kitchen.

 

“Youngjae, what’s wrong?” Jaebum asked first.

 

“Are you alright?” Mark asked.

 

Youngjae looked at Mark and Jaebum, then he nodded.

 

“I’m alright, I just...accidentally cut my finger, nothing serious.” Youngjae showed his wounded finger and grinned.

 

Both Mark and Jaebum sighed in relief. “You startled me.” Mark continued.

 

“Sorry for making a fuss out of this, and making you worry.”

 

“Let me see first.” Jaebum grabbed Youngjae’s palm to check on his fingers.

 

“I will get the plaster.” Mark said, and left.

 

It was easy for Mark to find the plaster, he knew exactly where Youngjae kept it. Then he quickly back to the kitchen.

 

Before entering the kitchen, Mark was surprised by what he witnessed.

 

Youngjae’s hand was on Jaebum’s, and Jaebum gently carressing Youngjae’s wounded finger.

 

They looked at each other eyes, and both smiling to each other.

 

At that moment Mark realized that Youngjae wouldn’t need him anymore.

 

All this time, whenever the younger got hurt, Mark will always be the one taking care of him.

 

But he knew, that everything has changed. Jaebum has replaced him.

 

He will be taking care of Youngjae from now on, because all Youngjae needed was only Jaebum to be by his side.