First

만약에 (If)

Mark and Youngjae were best friends, their friendship started when ten years old Mark met seven years old Youngjae at school.

 

Their personalities were real opposite, quiet Mark and bright Youngjae. But they completed each other instead.

 

Mark and Youngjae have done almost everything together, they shared about everything, they practically grew up together.

 

But there was one thing that Mark never told Youngjae. A secret that he might never had courage to tell Youngjae.

 

The truth that he has fallen in love with Youngjae, that he has in love with him since their high school days.

 

Mark has always wanted to tell Youngjae the truth. And he did try to confess, but he would get scared everytime, and again in the end nothing would come out from his mouth.

 

So he decided to keep his one sided love all this time.

 

---

 

Youngjae was coming late, he had promised Mark to meet him at their favorite coffee shop after class.

 

“Hyung...so – sorry.” He said, gasping.

 

Mark chuckled at him. “Hey, it’s okay. Calm yourself first.”

 

After seconds finally Youngjae breathing normally. “I finished class late, I came here running as fast as I could.”

 

“Now you have this first.” Mark handed him iced Americano.

 

“Thanks hyung.”

 

“So, how was you first day?”

 

“Ahh...University is totally different, I think I need time to adjust to everything. But all is fine.” Youngjae smiled.

 

Mark has always loved that smile of Youngjae, he always smiled cutely, a pure smile, like a baby.

 

So, how is that possible not to love this cute little baby?

 

“Hyung...are you listening?” Youngjae words startled him.

 

“Yeah.” Mark smiled.

 

“Just tell me if you need anything.”

 

“Yes senior.” Youngjae said teasing the older.

 

During their conversation, suddenly a voice interrupted them.

 

“Hi Youngjae.”

 

Both Mark and Youngjae moved their attention to the owner of the voice.

 

“Oh hi Jaebum.”

 

Jaebum then walked toward Mark and Youngjae seats.

 

“Hyung, this is my classmate Jaebum.”

 

Mark smiled to him. “Hi.”

 

Jaebum smiled back. “He’s our senior.” Youngjae continued.

 

Jaebum then politely bowed to Mark. “Hello senior, nice to meet you.”

 

“It’s alright don’t be too formal, just call me hyung since you’re friends with Youngjae.”

 

“Yes hyung.” Jaebum replied.

 

“Are you coming alone?” Youngjae asked Jaebum.

 

“I was supposed to meet my friend here, but he just text me that he can’t come”

 

“So, are you leaving now? Or...maybe you want to join us here?”

 

Mark was taken aback by Youngjae’s words, he actually wished to spend time alone with Youngjae.

 

“No, I don’t want to bother you, I will just leave.”

 

“It’s alright, we’re fine, hyung it’s fine right?” Youngjae asked the older.

 

Youngjae looked at Mark, and honestly Mark can tell that Youngjae was giving him sign to say yes.

 

“Yeah sure.” Mark replied.

 

“Well, okay then.” Jaebum smiled, then he went to sit next to Youngjae.

 

Youngjae and Jaebum started talking to each other, they seemed to have something interesting to talk to make both of them forgot about Mark’s existence.

 

Mark was staring at them. Jaebum was telling him something to make Youngjae burst into laughter.

 

It was their first day as classmate but they looked like they have been friends for years.

 

Mark was burnt of jealousy inside.

 

Youngjae didn’t stop smiling, laughing, and sometimes hitting Jaebum in his arms, just like he usually did to Mark.

 

“How could this boy steal Youngjae’s attention? And Youngjae, how could you forget that I’m here?” Mark was getting angry.

 

Mark then got up. “I’m leaving.”

 

Youngjae looked at him. “Already?”

 

“Well, I guess you don’t need me anymore.” Mark said in annoyed tone.

 

Youngjae was surprised to hear what Mark said. “Hyung, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing. You two have a good time!” Mark then left.

 

“Is he gonna be okay? You better go after him.” Jaebum said.

 

“No, it’s better to leave him alone, I will talk to him later.” Youngjae replied.

 

---

 

Mark was in his room, he remembered of what happened back in the coffee shop.

 

“What have I done? I was acting so childish! I wasn’t supposed to talk that way to them.” Mark was angry at himself for being stupid.

 

Mark shook his head. “How can I see Youngjae tomorrow? And what if he mad at me now?”

 

But then his phone startled him with its ringtone. Mark saw Youngjae name appeared on the screen.

 

He quickly slide the screen to pick up the call. “Hello.”

 

“Hyung...”

 

Without the younger notice, Mark was smiling at the way Youngjae called him ‘hyung’ it was sweet and cute.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Hyung...you still mad?”

 

Mark wasn’t mad anymore, and how could he stay mad at his baby?

 

But he wanted Youngjae’s attention all for him so he pretended to be.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Hyung...really? Was that because Jaebum joining us today?”

 

“You ignored me today.”

 

“Hyung...I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ignore you, really.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Ok. Let’s go out again tomorrow, just two of us. And I will treat you ice cream, cool?”

 

“Euhm...okay cool.” Mark smiled.

 

“Cool! See you tomorrow hyung...I love you.”

 

Mark’s face expression changed all of sudden. “See you tomorrow.” He sighed.

 

“Again, you won’t reply, will you?” Youngjae asked in disappointment.

 

“Goodnight Youngjae.”

 

“Hyung...”

 

Mark then disconnected the call.

 

Mark looked sad. There was an exact reason for Mark not to reply to Youngjae’s ‘I love you’ everytime, because Mark knew that Youngjae only said love to him as a good friend.

 

While those words were special for him, he would only say it to Youngjae one day when the time has come.

 

But, will that day really come?

 

---

 

As Youngjae has promised yesterday, today after class he took the older out. They went shopping, and they bought some books as well.

 

And after tired of walking, the younger bought ice cream for both of them.

 

Mark was happy, because he had all Youngjae’s attention for him, to spend every precious hour with Youngjae was all he wanted.

 

Youngjae looked at how happy Mark was. “Hyung, you happy now?”

 

Mark just nodded. “I don’t like it when you mad. I want to hear your laugh only.” Youngjae smiled.

 

Mark was touched by Youngjae’s words, and he smiled back.

 

A little while later after finishing their ice cream, they decided to go back home because they were already tired.

 

Both Mark and Youngjae were living in the same neighbourhood. After getting off of the bus, they continued by walking.

 

“Hyung...”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I want to tell you something.” Youngjae said in hesitation.

 

Mark chuckled. “What is it? Your voice tone sound different, is it something serious?”

 

Youngjae was quiet for seconds before he finally said it. “I like someone.”

 

Mark was surprised of what he has just heard, and he stopped his steps instantly.

 

Youngjae noticed that Mark wasn’t by his side, he looked around to find that the older was few steps behind him.

 

Mark was standstill there, head down.

 

“Hyung, why are you standing there?”

 

Then Mark lifted his head staring at Youngjae. “Youngjae...”

 

Youngjae turned his body, and walked toward Mark. “Yes hyung, what is it?”

 

“Who is it Youngjae? Who is that someone you like? Please...let it be me...”

 

Mark really whised that Youngjae will say his name.

 

“Hyung??? Are you okay?”

 

“Who is it? Someone that you like?”

 

“I like...” Youngjae shyly smiled. “Jaebum."