Chapter 1

Your Costume , Taehyung

a/n: happy halloween!


 "Jungkookie, are you sure that you don't want to stay over tonight?

Jungkook sighed again, a smile playing at his lips while he shoved some more random things into his bag, eyes trained on the sofa that Taehyung had in the middle of his living room.

"Yes, Taehyung, I am quite positive that I don't want to stay over tonight. I have school tomorrow, you idiot. I'm not like you, and I thought you had to work tomorrow?"

The blond man scrunched his nose, pursing his lips in distaste.

"Okay, maybe, yeah, I do have to work tomorrow, but you could still stay over! We could spend the night together and then-"

"-and then, when we wake up because I have to go to school, you won't want me to go and then you won't make it to work on time. My apartment is a lot closer to the university, too, Tae. You know that."

Taehyung looked down at the ground, Jungkook's shirt slipping off of his shoulders as he played with his fingers. A pout was visible on his face, and Jungkook had every urge to get rid of it.

"I mean, I know, Kookie... but it's just... I feel like we don't spend as much time together anymore. It ."

Jungkook's chest ached after the older boy said that, and he walked over to where Taehyung was standing and brought him into a hug.

"I know it , Tae, but there's nothing we can do. It that I have classes in the morning and then you have work in the evenings. I really wish I had more time to spend with you, you know that, right? Every moment with you is my favourite, and you will never stop being my favourite person, okay? You mean so much to me, Taehyung, okay?"

Jungkook felt movement against his chest, the older boy nodding up and down against his shirt. The brunet just smiled, patting his supposedly older boyfriend on the back and pushing him in the direction of his living room.

"Go change. I know you like my shirts, but we're going out, remember, Tae?"

He heard Taehyung groan, the man trudging towards his room.

"Ugh, why can't we just stay in today! You don't have class today and I don't have to work, we could totally rewatch all of Hayao Miyazaki's films and stuff our faces with popcorn!"

"Because, Taehyung, you have a Halloween party coming up that, mind you, you came up with. It's next week and you're going to need to buy pumpkins and a costume if you want your house to look anything remotely related to Halloween or October in general. Look at this, you have Christmas lights strung up around the room. Are those from last year? Tae, have you just never taken them down? How have I just not noticed?"

Taehyung shrugged even though Jungkook couldn't see him in his room, lazily digging through his clothes to find something decent to wear.

"I don't know, I don't remember. I don't have nearly enough time to take them down, anyway, so they can just stay up there-"

"No, no they cannot, Kim Taehyung. If you're going to do Halloween, if you are the boyfriend of Jeon Jungkook, then you are going to be doing Halloween right."

The older boy came out of his bedroom with an eyebrow raised, a striped black and red cardigan draped over a simple white t-shirt all he was wearing.

"Is that mine?"

Taehyung shrugged again, telling Jungkook not to worry about it.

"You left it here the other day and I just never gave it back. I like it, please don't take it from me."

Jungkook laughed, reassuring Taehyung that, no, no cardigans were to be taken anytime soon. With a light tap on the , Jungkook pushed Taehyung in the direction of the door and quickly followed after him, turning off the lights in the house.

As they walked out of the door and towards Taehyung's car, the older boy spoke up.

"Wait, Kook, why do you seem more excited for Halloween than I do?"

Jungkook scoffed as if someone had just asked him if he was cute or not.

"Umm, duh, Tae, it's only the best holiday ever where you can dress up and scare children and no one will care? And you get free candy? What is there to not love about Halloween? Pumpkins everywhere. It's beautiful."

Taehyung got into the driver's seat and immediately turned to face the younger boy, horror and astonishment on his face.

"I KNOW, JUNGKOOK, WHICH IS WHY I WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU'RE MORE EXCITED FOR IT THAN I AM."

Jungkook widened his eyes and slowly buckled his seatbelt, sinking into the chair behind him.

"Umm, I have no words. And to be honest, Tae, I think you're way more excited about this than I am."

That seemed to comfort the older man a bit as he let his fingers relax around the steering wheel, grinning as he stared into the rearview mirror to back out of his driveway.

"Hell yeah I'm excited for Halloween. There is no one in this world more excited for it than I am. No one. Never will anyone ever be more passionate about a holiday than I am about Halloween. I am the single most excited person on this entire planet about Halloween and- oh -"

The car stopped abruptly, sending both Taehyung and Jungkook lurching forwards in their seats. Jungkook prayed to every God that he knew that he had decided to wear his seatbelt today and not be wearing a skin tight leather shirt.

I mean, he didn't own one.

But he's just saying, he's glad he wasn't wearing one. 

Taehyung fumbled against his steering wheel, face landing on the horn before he scrambled up and stopped the offensive noise, giving Jungkook a nervous look before they both exited the car.

"You hit a tree stump."

"To be fair, I couldn't see it from the rearview mirror."

"To be fair, you were talking very passionately about Halloween and not focusing on the damn road. How did you even hit it so hard? How fast were you going? Where did you think you were going? You live here, Taehyung. How did you not know that tree stump was there?"

Taehyung pursed his lips, crouching down to see just how much damage there was done to his car.

His bumper was dented in and there was a real nice chunk crushed in from the back, but otherwise, there didn't seem to be anything else wrong with the car, and so Taehyung deemed it-

"-safe to drive!"

Jungkook stared out of the windshield with his arms folded across his chest as Taehyung happily steered them down the highway.

"I can't believe you just drove away from the tree stump and now we're heading to the mall. You didn't even go to check to see if your car is okay or not. We're literally going to a shopping center and you could care less about the fact that you have a ginormous dent in your vehicle since you're driving it right now as if you just won a thousand dollars, and looking at the damage, that's exactly what it's gonna cost you to get that thing replaced. I don't understand how you're not more worried about this, Tae-fhh"

Jungkook's eyes were averted to the finger that was hastily and messily pressed against his lips, Taehyung not looking at him as he just tried to guess where Jungkook's mouth was from where he was talking. 

"Shh, don't worry about it, Kook. You know why? Because it's Halloween next week. And it's going to be ing lit. And we will have such an amazing party and everyone is going to be there and it's going to be wonderful and spectacular and pumpkins and sugar cookies and cats and witches and ghosts and spiders and skeletons oh the skeletons and don't you dare forget about the vampires and zombies and werewolves. My god, Kook, this is going to be so amazing."

The younger brunet just furrowed his eyebrows and glared down at where Taehyung's finger was still against his mouth, the man somehow managing to drive with only one hand after he just crashed them into a tree stump.

"Tae, oove your hucking hinger."

 From the corner of his eyes, Jungkook watched as Taehyung's eyebrows went up, his finger slowly coming off of the younger's lips before he poked Jungkook's cheek and grabbed the steering wheel with both hands.

"I hate you."

"Aww, Kookie, no you don't!"

"Yes I do. Just- just drive."

The blond man pouted, but he stepped on the gas and they sped off towards the mall.


Taehyung all but jumped out of his car, running towards the doors of the mall as Jungkook screamed after him, yelling at him to lock his car.

"TAEHYUNG. YOU ING IDIOT, COME LOCK YOUR GODDAMN CAR- HOLY , DO YOU WANT SOMEONE TO STEAL IT? YOU ING PRICK- holy how is he still alive? I swear to god- TAEHYUNG, GIVE ME YOUR KEYS IF YOU'RE GOING TO-"

Jungkook screamed across the parking lot, literally every single person turning to look at him, some people glaring because of his choice of language. He rolled his eyes and sprinted towards Taehyung, almost tackling him to the ground when he jumped on top of the blond man.

"Whoa, hello Jungkook-"

"Give me your ing car keys. You little , you forgot to lock your car. Give me a pair of your keys next time we go out. I can't trust you to do anything by yourself."

The older man pouted a bit, sticking his hand up for Jungkook to take the keys out from his grasp. Seeing Taehyung upset, Jungkook squeezed Taehyung tightly, gave him a light kiss on the cheek and tousled his hair before jumping off of him.

"Wait for me here, okay?"

Taehyung gently touched his cheek, a smile making its way onto his face. He nodded, turning on the spot and watching as Jungkook ran back to his small car.

Soon, the slightly shorter brunet came back and he gently slipped his hand into Taehyung's, lacing their fingers together as they walked into the mall.


"JUNGKOOKIE, LOOK, THEY HAVE PUPPY CLOTHES IN THERE-"

"Tae, you don't even have a dog-"

"LOOKIT! LOOK, KOOKIE, LOOK-"

"I'M LOOKING-"

"-PUPPY CLOTHES-"

"FOR 'S SAKE, KIM TAEHYUNG. COME HERE. WE'RE HERE TO BUY COSTUMES, AND NOT FOR YOUR NON-EXISTENT DOG. LET'S GO."

Jungkook grabbed onto Taehyung's collar as he dragged the older man away, a glare etched into his face as he pushed his way through the many people in the large shopping center. 

"Jesus Christ, Taehyung. I can't believe I actually agreed to come shopping for Halloween costumes with you. I knew this would happen, I knew that you would get distracted. How could you not? It's you. And no, that's not an insult, it's just... You're Taehyung. I should have expected this. But then again, if I didn't come with you, who would? If you brought Jimin, the two of you would have just ended up looking at dogs until the mall security forgot to kick you out and then you'd be locked in here. If you came with Jin hyung, he would try to stop you from looking at EVERYTHING but then you guys would just end up trying out all of the outfits in every store in this goddamn building. If you brought Joon hyung then he would probably knock over the first display you guys saw and then you'd get kicked out and then you would DEFINITELY not have a costume. If you brought Yoongi hyung- well, actually, Yoongi hyung wouldn't agree to come in the first place. So that's not even an option. But if you brought Hobi hyung, he would probably find something like, like, a huge flower and then be screaming while he wore it and you'd be, again, kicked out. Basically, if you brought anyone other than me, you'd either never be allowed to come back or you would be stuck in here forever. It's one of two extremes, there's no in between."

It wasn't until Jungkook was done his rant that he realized that one Kim Taehyung was no longer in his grasp.

He stopped dead in his tracks, spun around once and looked out into the sea of people rushing past him.

"."


Taehyung was having the time of his life. He had found a glass elevator that scared the living out of him, but it was simultaneously the best thing ever. He got in and pressed all the buttons, watching as it slowly went up all the floors. 

He waved at all the people watching him from outside the elevators, smiling brightly when a few of them waved back at him.

He held eye contact with one lady in particular and cupped his hands around his mouth, making sure to exaggerate his mouth movements in hopes that the woman would understand what he was saying.

"IF... YOU... SEE... JUNGKOOK... TELL... HIM... HI. BROWN HAIR. TOO MUSCLE-Y. VERY CUTE."

The lady cocked her head to one side and looked down the row of shops and pointed that way, Taehyung craning his neck to look over there. There was Jungkook frantically running around, a mix of confusion, anger and fright apparent on his face.

Taehyung quickly looked back at the woman, nodding excitedly. She gave him the thumbs up, walking over in the direction that Jungkook was in. The tall blond man waved goodbye to her as he disappeared higher into the mall.


"Where the  is that kid? How the hell is he 21? More like two. I swear to god, if I find him, I'm going to slit his throat."

As Jungkook mumbled to himself, looking around the mall, a woman casually approached him, lightly tapping on his shoulder.

"Umm, excuse me, are you... Chang...kook?"

The brunet furrowed his eyebrows together, staring down at the petite woman with confusion.

"I'm Jungkook, yes. Do you need me for something?"

She turned and pointed to the elevator that was slowly rising into the ceiling, looking at Jungkook sheepishly.

"Well, there was a blond man in that elevator who told me to say hi to you? I'm not too sure, um, would you have any idea who that would have been?"

Jungkook swore and stared as the elevator stopped at the top floor, the doors opening and no one coming out before it slowly came back down again. He shook his head, absolutely miffed.

"Of course. He was in the ing elevator. The glass ing elevator."

Suddenly, he remembered where he was and looked at the woman with wide eyes.

"Oh , um, , I just swore again- dammit- oh- okay I'll just stop talking. Umm. Thank you. Yes, I, unfortunately, do know who that is. I can't believe he was in the elevator. Um. Thanks again. Have a good day."

The tall brunet awkwardly bowed at the woman who bowed just as awkwardly back. Then, he ran off to where the elevator doors slowly opened, revealing a brightly smiling Kim Taehyung.

"JUNGKOOKIE! THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER! HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A GLASS ELEVATOR? THEY'RE AWESOME I- MMPH"

Thinking quickly, Jungkook smashed his mouth against Taehyung's, shutting the older boy up.

Pulling away just as quickly, Jungkook gripped Taehyung's broad shoulders and looked right in his eyes, almost threatening stare boring into the blond's soul.

"I looked at a floor map of the mall. There are a few costume stores in here, but I found the one that sounded the best. It's on the floor right above us. If we get there, we can get out just as soon. Then, all that'll be left is decorating the house. We already have all the decorations, right? So let's just go get the costumes and we'll be fine. Don't run away from me again, okay, Tae? I almost had a heart attack. It felt like there was a lump in my throat because I was so terrified that I didn't know what had happened to you. I don't want to feel that again, so please, just stay with me, okay? I don't want you to get hurt. We'll be done soon, and then, if you really want to, I suppose we could come back to the glass elevator."

Taehyung just looked at him fondly, a smile on his face as he ruffled Jungkook's hair. He quickly pulled the boy into the elevator with him and hit the button for the floor right above them, hugging Jungkook close to him.

"Thank you, Kookie. For everything."

Jungkook's head tilted to the right for a moment, wondering just what Taehyung was thanking him for. All he had done, after all, was yell at him. Either way, Jungkook just lightly patted the older on the back, giving him another peck on the cheek before lacing their fingers together. They looked at each other for a minute, exchanging small smiles before the elevator doors opened once more for Taehyung, and Jungkook lightly tugged on the older's arm and led them to the small costume boutique.


"Taehyung, what the actual ."

In front of him, Taehyung was wearing what he could only describe as, well, terrible.

It was almost as if the boy had gone and grabbed literally seven different costumes and decided that they would look good together if he just threw them all on at the same time. He was ing lucky that Jungkook hadn't left him in this spot by himself, considering that he had been pulling this for almost an hour now.

It didn't matter how long he had been doing it, though, because Jungkook knows that, no matter how stupid Taehyung would act, he would never, in his entire life, ever leave the boy.

With some sort of odd fondness, he looked at Taehyung's mashup of a vampire, school girl, werewolf, zombie and anything else that he could find. It looked pretty damn terrible, but Taehyung somehow sort of managed to pull it off.

Jungkook still shook his head as Taehyung continued to check himself out in the change room mirror, running a hand through his hair as he bounced his leg up and down.

"Go back in the change room and take that off right now. There are literally hundreds of costumes in here, Tae. You don't need to try and combine different ones together. I'm sure you'll eventually find something to wear, so how about you just keep trying some on until you find the one?"

Taehyung reluctantly nodded, taking the horns off his head as he disappeared back into the small chamber. A few moments of silence passed with Jungkook scrolling through his Tumblr feed when he heard a shriek, his head shooting up in concern.

"T-Tae? Is everything okay-"

"I FOUND IT, KOOK! I FOUND THE ONE!"

Jungkook grinned, turning his phone off and shoving it into his pocket as he stood up, waiting for Taehyung to come out of the change room.

"KOOK, LOOK AT ME!"

Immediately, Jungkook's face went slack and he sat right back down, staring Taehyung dead in the eye.

"Taehyung, no. You're not dressing up as a nurse for your own party."

Taehyung scoffed, placing a hand delicately onto his hip as he shifted all of his weight onto one foot.

"Please, Jungkook. I'm not a nurse. I'm a y nurse."

Jungkook blinked at him a few times, unsure of how exactly to respond to Taehyung's straightforward response. It was as if he was prepared for that question or something.

"...Stay there, Taehyung. I... Just, stay. I'll be right back."

As Jungkook continually made random hand gestures at Taehyung to make sure he stayed right where Jungkook had left him, the brunet boy slowly backed away. When he was out of sight of the change rooms, he whipped around and started speed walking towards the store entrance, looking left and right for any sort of costume that would be better for Taehyung than the nurse outfit.

His eye quickly caught onto something and Jungkook bolted for it, a wide grin making its way onto his face.


When Jungkook ran back in front of him, Taehyung's eyes widened since the boy was so out of breath.

"Did you just, try lifting something? Or are you just unnaturally sweaty because wow you're sweaty. Goddamn."

Hands on his knees and bent forwards, Jungkook glared at Taehyung. He slowly stood up straight, reaching a hand towards his back pocket. When he stood up all the way, Taehyung heard his back audibly crack a bit before Jungkook gave him something.

"I hate you. You're stupid. Take that off, wear this instead."

Slightly hesitant, the older man took the small black square out of Jungkook's still outstretched hand. The fabric felt oddly familiar and, strangely, nothing like fabric at all, feeling more like plastic than Taehyung would have ever liked-

"...Jungkook, this is a trash bag-"

The boy cut him off with a wave of his hand, stopping Taehyung right in the middle of his sentence.

"I know what it is."

Taking it into his hand, Taehyung slipped back into the change room and stared at the literal trash that was in front of him. 

Jungkook, rather satisfied with himself, slumped against the small bench outside of the small white change room. A voice filtered out from within the small change room, Taehyung calling out towards him in between the ruffling of some plastic.

"Jungkookie, where did you even find this? I don't think they just give out trash bags to anyone who asks for them. I'm pretty sure they're also not just randomly lying around, so where did you get this?"

Jungkook pursed his lips and looked up from his phone, shaking his head back and forth.

"Well, I was looking for something for you to wear, but I saw this janitor outside of the store and they had a bunch of black trash bags just hanging down the side of the cart, so I asked if I could take one and because of my dashing charms, the guy gave me one. I think he was writing his number down too? but I left before he could give it to me. Might've broken his heart a little. I dunno. I don't really care."

Jungkook could almost hear Taehyung roll his eyes, grumbling to himself about Jungkook being a narcissistic little prick.

"What was that, Tae?"

"NOTHING, NOTHING, JUST, YOU DO YOU."

The brunet man huffed, attention going back to his phone as he scrolled through whatever app he was in this time. He looked up when he heard the door to the change room creak open, a blush creeping on Taehyung's face as he shuffled out wearing the trash bag.

"Holy you actually put it on-"

He was shut up by a shoe flying into his face, an angry Taehyung staring at him with a very red face.

"WHAT THEY ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO, YOU IDIOT! YOU UTTER MORON! I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER COSTUMES IN THERE BESIDES THIS, AND YOU LITERALLY TOLD ME TO PUT IT ON! I HATE YOU, ER, GO-"

"TAEHYUNG JESUS CHRIST SHUT UP WE'RE GOING TO GET KICKED OUT."

The blond man stared at Jungkook hard, and the brunet just gave in, shoved Taehyung back in the change room with the order to get back into his normal clothes, picked up a random couple costume that he saw somewhere in the store and paid with a pained smile on his face. Then, he pulled the older out of the change room and then the entire mall before he basically shoved Taehyung into his car, sitting in the driver's seat and driving out of the mall parking lot as fast as he could.

"What just happened."

"Shh. I just wanted to get out of there before they kicked us out."

Taehyung scrunched up his nose in distaste and crossed his arms over his chest. He stared at the costumes that laid across Jungkook's lap, curious to see what they were.

"Kook, what costumes did you buy?"

Jungkook's face flushed red before he slowly slid the costumes off of his lap, making sure that they were out of Taehyung's line of sight. He stuttered a bit as he drove, trying to focus his attention on the road.

"U-umm, well, it's a c-couple costume... Um, I'm actually not too sure what it is either. I just sort of, grabbed... it."

Taehyung cocked his head to one side in confusion but let it go, turning on the radio and singing as loudly as he could while they drove back to his house, literally driving Jungkook insane.


"Kook, did you put the ghosts up?"

"Yes, Taehyung, for the tenth time, the ghosts are up. Stop worrying about it, the house looks fine. I have to go to school, okay? I promise I'll be here very early tomorrow so that I can help you get everything absolutely perfect for the party, so stop worrying. To be honest, you should probably be worrying about that report you still need to type up for work. I'm amazed your boss hasn't fired you yet."

Jungkook was trying to slip on his shoes as his bag was threatening to fall off his shoulders, a water bottle in one hand and a red hat in the other. He stared at the red hat in his hand, upset, and mumbled to himself.

"Of all the ing costumes I had to pick, why this one? Why this..."

Taehyung shuffled out of his room, his work clothes on even though he didn't need to leave for another six hours. Typically, Jungkook would have just pressed a kiss to his cheek and then left with the promise of seeing him soon, but this time he just opened his mouth, staring at the blond male.

"Wow. You're wearing the ears."

Taehyung nodded vigorously, yellow ears with black tips shaking back and forth on his head, threatening to fall off if he moved them any more. Jungkook pressed his lips together as he raised his eyebrows at the older, letting a smile creep onto his face when Taehyung turned around, revealing the equally yellow tail poking out from his pants.

"You know, maybe being Pikachu and Ash isn't that bad."

This made Taehyung look over his shoulder and at Jungkook, a bright smile lighting up his face.

"Yeah! I'm really good at Pikachu impressions too. Pika pika! See?"

Taehyung giggled and tenderly looked into Jungkook's eyes, smile dimming a bit but staying put on his face.

"Have a good day at school, Kookie. I'll miss you! 

He stepped back towards the door, eyes never leaving the other. With his left hand, Jungkook lightly grabbed onto the doorknob, twisting it open. He grinned, shaking his head lightly.

"Yeah, I'll miss you too, Tae. See you." 


"HOLY . WHAT THE EVEN IS CHEMISTRY."

Jungkook screamed up at nothing, grabbing onto the few strands of hair that he had left standing on his head. He was stressing out, having flipped through all of his high school chemistry notes to try and figure out whatever the hell he was supposed to be doing.

How the was he supposed to know how certain hydrocarbons combusted incompletely? High school chemistry only taught him so much about it. And he didn't really pay that much attention.

.

He was going to die.

He mentally thanked every single ethereal being ever that he didn't have school tomorrow and that Namjoon would be able to help him if he and Seokjin weren't too busy each other's faces off.

As Jungkook stared up at his ceiling, his stomach started growling and he realized that he hadn't eaten since he got home. There was nothing in his fridge, either. He knew that. He didn't even need to get up to check. There wasn't very much in his small apartment at all since he spent most of his time at Taehyung's. The only reason he hadn't officially moved in there was because it was so much easier to get to his university from here. Besides, if he was ever desperately in need of anything, Jimin and Yoongi lived right down the street.

Thinking about them didn't make him any less hungry, and so Jungkook slammed his books shut and all but rolled off his chair, dragging himself up and out the door. It was chilly and he shivered when he stepped outside, but he steeled himself and headed to the convenience store that was right around the corner. 

When the door swung open, there were a few beeps and Jungkook strolled through the two aisles, a stoic look on his face as he debated what to get.

You see, the problem was that he wanted to eat something decent, but he didn't want to spend any money. So it was either ordering a really ing expensive pizza or just making his own food.

Spaghetti seemed cheap enough.

Jungkook had never heard of the brand before, but it was almost two bucks cheaper than the next available one, so he bought it and sprinted back to his warm apartment.

He thought he was going to die if he waited any longer for food, but it wasn't until he had put the pasta into the pot that he realized that he didn't have any pasta sauce.

"Goddamnit."


After three more trips to the convenience store and one explosion of the pasta sauce (look, he forgot the parmesan cheese, then the spices, and then he realized he didn't have any forks. Also, pasta sauce explodes really easily, okay? It's not his fault. He may be taking chem, but that does not mean he's good at it), Jungkook heard someone knock on the front door. He wiped his hands on a towel and placed his spatula down, walking over towards the front door.

Park Jimin.


It was a few hours after Jimin had arrived quite abruptly at his apartment, and Jungkook was woken up by the sound of Taehyung's voice filtering through his room. He called out for the boy stupidly, covering his eyes with his arm, when he realized that the voice was really just his alarm.

". I should change that. It's going to confuse me every time."

The brunet dragged himself out of bed and stared at his phone. It was 1:17 in the morning and he was ready to die. He didn't know all the details of why Jimin was here, but holy hell, even after their long conversations, Jungkook was ready to drop kick the guy out of his window for making him get up this early. Or late. Whichever one it was.

The things he did for his hyungs.

Jungkook stretched his arms out, suddenly aware of his ness. He was only wearing a pair of boxers that, to be honest, he wasn't even sure if they were his. They looked oddly like Taehyung's, and Jungkook attributed that to the fact that, , they probably were.

He shrugged his shoulders at himself, digging through his clothes for a random hoodie that he could just throw on. Pants were a different story. He didn't need those. He and Jimin were close enough.

The older proved that just earlier today.

Granted, that was Jungkook's fault, but hey, let's not point fingers here.

By the time he deemed himself decent looking enough, it was already one-thirty in the morning and Jimin, to his knowledge, was still knocked out cold on his sofa. Jungkook shuffled towards him, the tiling in his house cold to the touch, and he gently shook the older boy to wake him up.


Fast forward about forty minutes, Jungkook was standing in the middle of his apartment with a pair of soggy pants and Taehyung's arms looped around his shoulders, the man's face buried in his neck.

"Why are you here, Tae? Why am I holding these pants?"

Taehyung had no answers for him and just dragged him back into his room, pulling the hoodie off of his body and smothering him in kisses.


With the sunlight filtering in through his blinds, Jungkook looked down at Taehyung's sleeping figure, running his fingers through the older's blond hair. Taehyung just made a small noise of appreciation, wrapping his arms tighter around Jungkook's waist.

Jungkook trailed a finger down Taehyung's face, giggling to himself when it made his nose twitch. He blew into Taehyung's ear gently, watching as the blond man's eyebrows furrowed together a bit before his eyes fluttered open, piercing gaze stopping Jungkook's heart early in the morning.

He made some more whiny noises, burying his face into Jungkook's barren stomach, making Jungkook lurch forward with laughter.

"Tae, why'd you come here last night? Didn't I tell you that I would come to your house? I wasn't lying, you know. I really was going to go."

Taehyung just hummed into the younger's muscled stomach, eyes cracked open.

"Well, I didn't doubt you, but I just, I don't know. I guess I missed you a lot."

Jungkook's heart swelled and he bit down on his fist to calm himself down, unsure of what exactly to do. He was having an internal conflict, debating whether he should hug Taehyung or kiss him until they were both out of breath, but then Taehyung turned his head just the slightest, looking at Jungkook with soft eyes, and all Jungkook's sanity and common sense flew out the door as he pulled Taehyung up, kissing the life out of him.

"I love you so much, Taehyung. You're so amazing, god, I am so glad that I'm your boyfriend."

Taehyung giggled and placed his forehead against the younger's staring into his eyes as he felt his lips turn up.

"Yeah, me too. I love you too, Kook." 


"KIM TAEHYUNG IT IS ALMOST ONE IN THE AFTERNOON HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN? PUT ON YOUR CLOTHES WE ARE DRIVING TO YOUR HOUSE LIKE, RIGHT NOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE CAN'T LIVE TOGETHER."

"WHY IS THIS MY FAULT?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DECIDED TO ING COME OVER AND- OKAY- THIS JUST GET IN YOUR CAR!"


Jungkook and Taehyung were stood outside of the older's house, staring at the front door as if there was some sort of y-trap attached to it.

"Ten bucks says they don't show up."

"Umm, excuse you, JungRude, but Jimin loves me too much to do that to me. He'll somehow convince Yoongi hyung to come with him."

"Wow. Wow. JungRude. Even I could have come up with something better than that."

"SEE, DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S EXACTLY WHY YOU'RE JUNGRUDE. MEANIE."

"... Okay then, Tae. Okay."

Taehyung stuck his nose into the air, walking towards the door of his house triumphantly even though he hadn't won a single thing. He swung open the door and almost screamed because he forgot that he hung up a plastic skeleton on the door, but then he glared behind him at Jungkook and entered his house with some sort of proud air to him.

Jungkook stared down at the door that was left open and counted out loud.

"1...2...3..."

Taehyung screamed.

"Ahh, there is it."

Then, he walked in, heading straight to the older's bedroom where he found Taehyung tangled up in what seemed to be some fake spiderwebs, a large stuffed spider hanging down from the light fixture in the middle of the room.

"I can't believe that you're stuck in it. I can't believe that you were scared by it. You're the one who hung them up, Tae. What the actual ?"

Taehyung pursed his lips, looking down at the ground and frowning. Jungkook just sighed as he walked over towards him, carefully unravelling the older boy from the fake webbing.

"You're lucky I love you."

That got him a cheeky smile, Taehyung kissing him on the cheek as soon as he was free.


Loud music was playing and Taehyung, dressed as Pikachu, was sitting next to one Jeon Jungkook, dressed in all of his glorious Ash Ketchem attire. They both had a red solo cup in one hand, blank stares as they watched Namjoon and Seokjin take over the dance floor, Hoseok cheering them on from some corner in the room and other random people making out in any empty space they could find.

"I can't believe they actually..."

"You owe me ten ing dollars, Taehyung."

"How could Jimin do this to me? I'm his bestest friend-"

"-that's not a word-"

"-how could he just abandon me like that? My whole life is a lie, Jungkookie. Jiminnie hates me and he doesn't think I'm important enough to him and ugh, what am I supposed to do without him?"

Jungkook gritted his teeth together, getting slightly riled up by Taehyung's words. He knew that the older was only saying these things because he was upset, but Jungkook thought that Taehyung hadn't really thought them through because they weren't exactly the nicest words that Taehyung could have said. Honestly, it agitated him quite a bit.

He turned and looked at his yellow-clad boyfriend, putting down his drink and grabbing onto Taehyung's shoulders, doing his best to tune out Hoseok's loud screaming and some guy named Jackson's drunk yelling.

"Tae, even if Jimin didn't come, you know that I am always here for you, right? I know you're upset that he's not here. I know that you really wanted him to come because you guys don't see each other a lot anymore, but that makes me feel bad too, you know? It makes me feel like I'm not doing enough for you, and I really don't want to think that. I want you to be happy, Tae, not sad at your own party. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here, and if you need someone to cuddle with to make the sadness go away, I will wait for you with open arms. We can sleep at four in the morning and wake up at three in the afternoon and stuff our faces with as much popcorn as we want to while we cry at Spirited Away. We can go ride as many glass elevators as you want to and we can buy all the costumes in the mall and come home and wear all of them. Hell, we could even have a fashion show with us being the only models. The point is, Tae, is that I would never let you be by yourself. Chim isn't here and neither is Yoongi, but I am, okay?"

Taehyung had started tearing up, sniffling into his costume. He nodded a few times before he threw his arms around Jungkook's neck, grabbing onto the denim jacket he was wearing tightly.

"I love you so much, Kookie. So, so much."

Jungkook just laughed, bringing his hands up and dragging them back down Taehyung's back.

"Yeah, I love you too, Taehyung."


a/n: speaking from personal experience, GLASS ELEVATORS REALLY ARE THE BEST THING EVER OK THEY'RE SO MUCH ING FUN

also i'm very sorry this is sorta super messy but that's bc i didn't want to include EVERYTHING from the other story into this one. i also wrote that one first, and so, unfortunately, things might not make a ton of sense unless you read that one too, but as i said, it's not up yet. there're holes in the story that will be filled in if you read the other one, so again, sorry, and i hope it's okay-ish!

i am well aware that tae does indeed have a dog, soonshim, but pls for the sake of this story soonshimie doesn't exist and dogs are only one part of tae's wildest dreams that will never come true. sadly.