Let You Know

Love is on the Radio

Week 14.

 

Almost a week passes by, and nothing has changed. Wendy pretends that that incident didn’t happen, and Irene plays along. 

 

Or at least that’s what Irene thinks, for on Monday, she finds a cookie shaped in the letter ‘I’ on her desk in class.

 

A brownie appears in her locker on Tuesday, icing sugar forming an ‘R’.

 

The next day, a messenger delivers a rose; tied to its stalk is an ‘E’.

 

Thursday brings about the materialisation of a scented candle in the library, marked with an ‘N’.

 

Irene has a vague feeling that she knows who is behind this.

 

When Friday comes around, she heads straight for the broadcasting office.

 

Wendy is standing up and talking to Joy and Yeri, with her back directed towards the door.

 

On the back of her sweater, in bright lavender, a huge letter is printed.

 

‘E’.

 

Joy points to Irene, and her palms start to sweat as the girl with hair the colour of roasted coffee beans turns towards her.

 

It’s the Wendy everyone knows and loves, the Wendy who smiles so wide it reaches her eyes.

 

It’s this Wendy who is carrying a placard, ‘Love Actually’ style.

 

On it, written in bold: “Will you go out with me?”

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________

a/n: double update because i'm feeling good today! ^^