#4 In Another World

A Collection of Drabbles: Winner

Pairing: Seungyoon/Mino
Genre: Dystopia!AU, Parallel Universe + Secret Relationship
Word Count: 567
Note: This is written for thekpop100's Challenge #20 - Palette Challenge.



In another world, maybe, maybe we were meant to be.


Secret glances. Hidden smiles. Disguised rendezvouses. Those miniscule seconds of happiness. In this cruel world, staying under the radar is probably the best course of action. Seungyoon steeled himself for the ultimate phase, meticulously loading bullets into his guns and checking all his weapons. The time has come for the resistance to make their move after years and years of preparation, but the one thing he will never ever be prepared for, is to face him out there in the chaos of the battlefield.

"We're leaving in five," Seunghoon announced, his eyes scanning the room at large before landing on Seungyoon's figure with a knowing glint.

A chorus of acknowledgement sounded, and everyone relished in the final moment of peace.

Together, they trooped out of their secret base with determination and hardened eyes, manoeuvring their way through hidden back alleys and concealed routes, keeping out of sight from the eyes of the dictator. Luck was clearly on their side, or so they thought, when they managed to successfully infiltrate the building despite warning bells ringing persistently in Seungyoon's head.

And then all hell broke loose. A roar worthy of a lion. Every inch of the establishment painted red. The lovers unwittingly found themselves facing each other amidst the madness. A soldier and a rebel.

With shaking hands, Seungyoon raised his gun towards his lover, noting Mino had done the same with reluctance as clear as day visible in his eyes. Time seemingly slowed between them, their eyes never left the other and the resounding noises of death faded out into a faint buzz. Colours blurred around them, leaving them in a world of their own for a short moment before Seungyoon distinctly heard the familiar sound of the trigger being released resonate way too loud for his liking behind him.

A click.

Bang.

Seungyoon watched everything happen in slow motion as a bullet whizzed past him and pierced through the body of his lover, inciting a scream which lodged itself at the top of Seungyoon's throat. His widened eyes detected a smile of relief appearing at the corners of Mino's lips just before he hit the ground with a deafening thud.


 

*



"Yah Song Minho! Wake up!"


Seungyoon gave the sleeping lump beside him a kick, startling the other back into the land of the living. Mino grumbled as he pulled the sheets tighter around his body, schooling his features to imitate a kicked puppy.

"Just a few minutes more Seungyoonie, I promise."

"Did I tire you out so badly last night?" He couldn't help teasing the other and Mino let out a whine in response.

"And as adorable as you are, you know that kicked puppy look won't work on me. If you had the chance, you'd sleep your way well into the afternoon. Up, now," Seungyoon nagged at his boyfriend, his heart melting at the adorable sight of Mino crawling out of bed with a pout and a serious case of bedhead.

Unable to resist, he closed the distance between them and pulled Mino into his embrace, stealing a kiss undeterred by the other's morning breath.

"I'm glad I have you here by my side," Seungyoon murmured when they pulled apart, seeing a soft smile blossom on Mino's lips.

"Me too."


In another universe, in another time and space, we are made for each other.