Rainy

Wither Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: Rainy

Silence fills the house, but shock. Heartbeats beating fast as formula cars racing on the track. Muscles scream to flee, but they stayed paralyzed. Taeyeon was covered with blood, lying on the kitchen floor lifelessly. Mrs. Kim still

  “Jun!” with shock Mrs. Kim calls him who’s standing with a pale look on his face. He couldn’t believe what he just saw. He stomps his foot with full anger on his face, grabs Mrs. Kim’s trembling hand fully covered with blood. Pushes her hand with force and quickly held Taeyeon in his arms to take her to hospital.

“Hyoyeon, I need the keys!” he kicks the door hard. Hyoyeon quickly ran after her brother after grabbing a car key.

“Taeyeon unnie, please wake up!” she cries seeing her sister’s face in her arms. As soon as they arrive at the hospital, the nurses quickly push Taeyeon towards the emergency section.  The two siblings patiently wait in the waiting room outside the emergency room.

Minjun took a breath, and look at Hyoyeon whose sitting next to him sobbing as she wipes her tears with her handkerchief. He pulls his hand out fromhis black leather jacket and hug her tightly as he caresses her hair.

“Did she drink?” he whispers. Hyoyeon nod her head as she covers her face with her hand towel.

“Minjun, Hyoyeon! Where’s Taeyeon?” A guy with a black suit quickly ran towards them looking very anxious. Mr. Kim was still at the company after they had their dinner as he still got a few more things to settle. Mr. Kim drove straight to the hospital after he received a call from Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon ran towards Mr. Kim and hugs him tightly. “Dad, I’m scared!”

After almost an hour of waiting outside the emergency room, with their heart pounding fast, the sound of heels could be heard running towards them. It was Mrs. Kim. Mr. Kim stood up with his arms crossed from his chair; with a furious look on his face. Mrs. Kim slows down her pace as soon as she saw her husband, ashamed of her action towards her daughter she looks down on the ground to and avoid eye contact.

“Why?” he screamed. Minjun and Hyoyeon who were sitting down quickly held Mr.Kim’s arm. Mrs. Kim quickly kneels down as she held his suit’s pants tightly.

She swallows her saliva. “I’m sorry!” A sorry was all she could say. Mr. Kim scoffs in disbelief and pushes her away as he walks away from the emergency room. His heart was burning with fire. The media will surely publish articles if they know what really happened, that’ll lead to his reputation to go down.

“Mom,” Minjun went to her and puts his hand on her shoulder to comfort her. He felt sorry towards her; hoping that their dad wouldn’t take any actions towards her. “I—“she cut him off .

“It’s my fault, and I really di—“she couldn’t complete her sentence. Blaming herself was all she could think of. 

“I know!” he roughly said. He took a deep breath and left her on the ground kneeling as she cries harder. 

The cut on Taeyeon’s arm was huge making her to lose lots of blood. The surgery took hours, and all family members had to donate blood for her except Mrs.Kim. Due to the medication she took, and her conditions, she wasn’t able to give her blood for her daughter. Mr. Kim disallows her from seeing Taeyeon as he’s worried that Taeyeon will be traumatic if she sees her right away.

“Tae, are you okay?” Mr. Kim asks, looking down at the porridge on his hand.

 Taeyeon closes her eyes as she took a deep breath. She clearly remembers what happened last night, making her to question many things.

“You don’t mind me being friends with him right?” she asks after being so silent ever since she wakes up. Mr. Kim shook his head and brushes her head. He knows that Jiyong is a good friend; sometimes he sent Mr. Kim coffee when he’s staying late. If he could care of others, surely he will look after his own daughter.

 

*** 

 

Taeyeon rolls her eyes for the nth times, waking up from sleep still at the hospital. She looks up at the ceiling, waiting impatiently for the days to pass. It’s been only two nights since she stayed at the hospital. She fiddles with the ring Jiyong gave her when he confessed, hoping that he’d come and see her even though he’s busy lately. Few friends’ came to visit for a short while, but she expects to see her boyfriend the most.

“Tae?” a woman’s voice could be heard from the door. Taeyeon look to see who it was, but her appearance made her smile to drop.

Mrs. Kim took a deep breath as soon as she saw her daughter’s facial expression upon seeing her. She knows her that daughter must hate her after what she did and she’s taking responsib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter