Once You're Gone

Please Don't Stay In My Heart

Pit pat. Pit pat.

The sound of the early morning rain gently hitting the windows was the only thing heard throughout the entire apartment.

Sunggyu was lazily laying on his bed for he didn't have any classes that day. With a sigh, he got up and made his way to the bathroom. Before heading out of the room, he took one look at the other empty bed in the room; Woohyun had already left for his classes. Sunggyu felt even more lonely and pouted.

An hour later, Sunggyu came out clean with fixed hair, an outfit other than pajamas and minty fresh breath. He wanted to get out of the suffocating apartment and venture out into the cloudy, outside world.

As a person who never skipped breakfast, Sunggyu was shocked that he didn't have an appetite. With a shake of his head, he grabbed his car keys, umbrella, and jacket and opened the door.

"Oppa." A small voice was heard behind him. Surprised and curious, Sunggyu stopped locking his door and slowly turned around. His usually small eyes grew unnaturally round and big.

"J-Jihye." There, in front of him, was standing a pretty, bright girl with long, flowing brown hair, a million-dollar smile and a pure white dress.

All of a sudden, the gloomy weather outside brightened. All the rain ceased, though the sound of it grew louder. The clouds dispersed and the sun shined its rays as if the clouds were holding it down for too long. A dreamy, glowing aura surrounded Sunggyu and Jihye.

Sunggyu's mouth opened and closed, trying to find the right words to say, "J-Jihye. You c-came back f-for m-me." He stuttered out in disbelief. The girl covered as she let out a tinkling giggle, "Yes I did oppa. Now let me in. I'm cold." Her aegyo melted Sunggyu's cold, closed heart.

"Y-yeah! Sure! Come in!" Sunggyu reopened the door and the two walked in.

---

"Aish, it's cold and rainy." Woohyun muttered under his breath as he desperately tried to cover his perfectly styled hair from the rain, "I wish I brought my umbrella in the first place." Grumpy, Woohyun walked all the way back to the apartment he shared with Sunggyu.

A few blocks away from the apartment, Woohyun started sprinting. The rain suddenly grew heavy and pelted down at the many pedestrians hurrying along the sidewalk.

"What the?" Woohyun looked up in confusion, "How does rain suddenly fall that much all at once?" With that, he ran all the way to the apartment door.

Before entering, Woohyun shook the rain off his body. Once he got in, he looked down at the lone pair of shoes in front of him, "Hyung's still here? Was he about to go somewhere?" Woohyun shrugged and went to go find his umbrella.

After he had found his umbrella, Woohyun was about knock on the closed bedroom door, "There's no sound. Maybe he's still sleeping." He decided not to bother his roommate and headed out again.

---

"I can't believe you came back, Jihye." Sunggu whispered as he hugged his girlfriend so close to his body that they were almost one. Jihye seemed unaffected by the pressure and just smiled, "Silly oppa. I would never leave you." She gently Sunggyu's soft, shaggy hair.

"Don't ever leave me alone again for more than a day, araso?" Sunggyu faced Jihye with a pout. She giggled and intertwined pinkies with him, "Mm!"

The couple layed on the bed with Jihye's head on Sunggyu 'pillow' arm. Sunggyu's manly, yet gentle, hand slowly grabbed Jihye's small, petite one as if one rough move would break it. He smiled at the sight of the couple ring he had bought for them still on her finger.

"You still have it." Sunggyu smiled and ran his thumb over the ring. Jihye lightly laughed and placed her hand over Sunggyu's, "Of course I did. What's wrong with you oppa?" She gave him a weird look. Sunggyu just shook his head with a chuckle.

---

Laughter filled the entire apartment as six males walked in. Woohyun and his classmates, who were also Sunggyu's friends, were going out to eat but they needed to pick Sunggyu up first.

"What's wrong with hyung? It's not like him to miss our calls." Sungjong asked as he scratched his head. Woohyun shrugged and took off his coat. The others did the same.

Dongwoo plopped down on the couch and the TV. Interested in the news, Sungyeol joined him.

"Hey Woohyun. I think it's best to just stay in." Dongwoo called out to Woohyun who was rubbing his hair with a towel, "Why's that?"

"There's a severe weather warning. Thunderstorms are heading our way." Myungsoo said boredly. Hoya sat on the couch as well and crossed his arms, "I don't want to die getting dinner so I agree with Dongwoo." Dongwoo excitedly hi-fived Hoya.

"Okay. Alright. I'll just make one of my delicious meals then." Woohyun smiled and shrugged, "Myungsoo-yah, you can help." The two cooks closed off the kitchen to prepare dinner.

---

"So then, I picked up my bag and just left." Jihye giggled, "He must have been pissed." Sunggyu nodded right away with an expression saying, 'definitely!'.

Sunggyu looked at his window. It was already nighttime, but he didn't notice. The room was dark except for the bright lamp on his desk lighting up half his room. The blinding, glowing aura still hung around.

He smiled at the brightness, "I guess not much time passed. It's still bright out."

On the other side of the door, Woohyun creased his eyebrows in confusion, "But it's 8 o'clock at night." He whispered. He was about to knock again but stopped when he heard Sunggyu laughing.

"You're too cute! I could just squish you to death!" Woohyun's eyebrows furrowed even more as he heard Sunggyu talking to someone, "He had a guest over?"

Woohyun quickly ran over to the front door to see if there were any unfamiliar shoes, "No one's shoes are here except the others'." He counted exactly 7 pairs of shoes.

Slowly, he opened the door just a bit to catch Sunggyu hugging the air on his bed. Sunggyu was laughing and rolling around as if someone was under him.

"Hyung," Woohyun started slowly. He didn't open the door any wider than he originally did, "Hyung?" Sunggyu didn't seem to hear.

---

"I love you Jihye." Sunggyu whispered and leaned in to kiss Jihye.

"I love you too, Sunggyu oppa." Jihye closed her eyes as their lips met.

---

Woohyun's eyes widened once he heard Jihye's name. He stared at Sunggyu, sitting there closing his eyes and puckering his lips at nothing.

"NO! SHE'S COMING BACK! DUH! STOP SAYING SHE'S GONE!" Sunggyu screamed at his friends. They all looked worried as they glanced at each other.

"Hyung, she's gone." Woohyun caught the unconscious Sunggyu.

"No, no, it can't be." Woohyun shook his head as he stared at the doorknob.

He looked back up to find out that Sunggyu had stopped 'kissing', "I love you too much so don't ever be gone for so long, okay?" Sunggyu was talking to no one again.

'I have to do something. I think he's gone crazy.' Woohyun thought and took a deep breath.

Knock knock.

Sunggyu finally looked up to see Woohyun standing in the doorway, terrified.

"Hyung, Jihye died 3 years ago."

---

Sincerely yours truly,
WonderBangBaby

January 1st, 2012
3:38 AM

Listening To: Because by Sunggyu
Looking At: Nothing
Smelling: Nothing
Watching: Nothing
Waiting For: Teen Top's comeback in 4 days!!!
Loving: This song, Infinite and Teen Top :)