The Killer

The Killer

The siren buzzed continuously as they received an important call, alerting the workers about it. When they heard that, the know what was it about. The one that they wanted the most. The killer. Who had done too much crime, causing trouble to the polices. "They get his signal!! Get ready folks" Yelled the Inspector.

They grabbed their belongings and scrambled out from the office. They hopped into their car and run the siren. Driving in great speed, but without breaking the traffic light rules. They checked the GPS, the signal is getting stronger as they are getting close. His signal shown that he's at the J Hotel "He's around here. Stay close folks~" They stopped by at the roadside and went to get a hidden spot.

They were in their position, a building away from the hotel. "Over there..." Jae Yoong said. He uses his binocular to spot the most wanted person. With his eagle eye, he informed the others who were separated into different ways. "Keep your eyes wide, folks. From a building from our location. We saw him at the entrance of the hotel." Jae Yoong paused and re watched the scene in his binocular. With puzzled, he alert to his partners. "Wait... Isn't that.. Kwang Soo?"

Kwang Soo was one of the inspector. And he had been hunting the serial killer for years. Kwang Soo knows well about the serial killer. He raised his both arms and spoke to him. "You got to surrender now, Dong Wook. There's no turning back. Dead end, pal."

Dong Wook just smiled with those words. To him, there's never a dead end for him. "Even if I did so, I need to do a little work right now."

"Stop it, Dong Wook. It's over. And you know it."

Dong Wook just chuckled. "Not quite my friend. I will made a call for a moment." Kwang Soo just stare him at the moment. Thinking what sort of work that he need to handle. "Yeah...is she ready??"Dong Wook asked. He smiled again and answered in the call. "Good. Put it in video mode." "Here, have a look, young man." Dong Wook tossed the phone, and Kwang Soo grabbed it with a hand. He saw someone who he loved the most. Her fiancee, EunJi. Right in Dong Wook's hand.

"No!!! What you done to her?" Shouted Kwang Soo with anger.

"Relax. Just put her into sleep. She should be awake by now." Dong Wook spoke while catching his glimpse on his watch. 

 

*Flashback*

An hour ago.

"Kwang Soo ssi asked me to take care of you. So you will be save from Dong Wook."

"I don't get it, Woodstock. Why would Dong Wook wants me? I barely know him." EunJi asked with curiosity. Kwang Soo would never share any story regarding to Dong Wook on her.

Woodstock is just a nickname for him. His actual name was Ki Young. "Simple, Eun Ji. He would kill the most precious thing of Kwang Soo ssi."

"But why? What is the revenge between them?"

"Dong Wook had lost his precious things back then. He was a good man. He used to be a spy for us, until his family was murdered. Kwang Soo had promised to keep his family safe, but he couldn't make it on time. Dong Wook couldn't accept the fact, and now he's blaming Kwang Soo for his family's death." "EunJi.. No matter what. I have to keep you save from him."

He drove the car to the tunnel, but unexpected the car broke down halfway. He have no choice but to get some help outside. "Stay in here, Eun Ji. I will get some help." Woodstock run out from the car.

As EunJi waited for him in the car, she didn't realized that the car hasn't locked from the inside. A man in black, wearing mask. was heading towards the car where EunJi was. By the time EunJi realized, it was too late. Her nose was cupped with a white cloth, applied with a chloroform. She muffled for help, but as she inhaled. She passed out.

*End of Flashback*

 

EunJi stirred, feeling weird as she could feel the breeze. Blowing really loud. Her eyes were opened, gently. She saw herself, hanging outside of the window. She panicked, not knowing what to do. The only thing was supporting her, is the rope. Which was tied around her wrist. There's no way for her to escape. She wanted to scream, but was wrapped up with a cloth. She started to cried of fear. Not knowing what to do.

"Don't you try to hurt her!!" Warned Kwang Soo as he saw the phone scene, where she was terrified. "I'm warning you, Dong Wook! Or else-"

"Or else what?" Dong Wook shoot back. "Seriously, Kwang Soo. You think you can fool me just like before?" Dong Wook laughed at himself, and within a few second, his expression turns into a serious mode. "I'm all alone in this world. My wife, my kids. My precious that I love the most. Are all gone. And it's all because of you!! I was so stupid for trusting you back then!"

"How about a nice scare for our precious lady?" He grins widely, and spoke on the call. He pressed a button, and Kwang Soo watched her started to fall slightly. His heart almost dropped. "Stop it, Dong Wook!! What do you want from me?!"

"Your stupidity actually. I know that your friends are surrounding us. So maybe you help me a little. One wrong step.and she's gone forever." Warned Dong Wook while showing him the remote that was in his grip. He have no choice, but did as he was told.

"Now, Kwang Soo. Held me your gun. Come on... I'm still waiting." Kwang Soo hesitates, but for the sake of his girlfriend, he has to do so. He flipped out the gun from his gun holder, and throw it in the ground.

"Kick it towards me..." Kwang Soo kicks it forward, bringing the gun towards him. "Very good. Now, I want you to command your boys to lowered their weapons. I warn you again. One single bad move, and you will witness her death."

Kwang Soo grabbed his walkie talkie and pressed on the third channel. His hands are trembling with fear. He didn't know what will Dong Wook will do. All he knows that he need to save EunJi. "Hold down your guns, folks" He spoke in the walkie talkie. "God damnit!! It's my girlfriend who I got to save. Hold them down!" 

"They lowered it. Now what?" Kwang Soo wasn't pleased with Dong Wook. He clenched his teeth. His anger feeling begins to absorb his feelings.

"Fight with me. I want to see your potential. I heard that you are an expert especially it comes to Taekwondo." Dong Wook lowered his body, and started to defend himself "If you ever try to lose, just for the sake of your girlfriend. You know the consequences."

Kwang Soo nodded with the message given. He braced himself and their fight begins. Kicking and punching. 

With the final punch, the both men laid on the ground. Exhausted with the fight. He took the phone and called. "Bring the guys here." And he hung up the call. He grins and finally stood on his both feet though he was dead tired.

Two bulky men in black then stepped out from the hotel entrance within a few seconds. Holding Kwang Soo's both arms, forcing him on a kneeling position. "What is this? What do you want?!" Yelled Kwang Soo.

"Ooh... I just wanted you to watch some good scene. See your girlfriend up there? Remember her over there?" Dong Wook's finger was pointing towards EunJi who was dangling in the air.

"Wh-What do you mean, Dong Wook?"

"I want you to witness something. Something that you can never forget. For the rest of your life."

"You!! You lied to me!!!"

"I lied?" He punched Kwang Soo on the face. Blood trickled from his lips. "You are the first who lied! Who made his promise to keep my family save and sound!! And now... This is your revenge."

"Make sure this bastard guy witnessed his lady who will falls to her death." Dong Wook laughed with the evil tone. He pressed the button, and EunJi fell from high level.

"No!!!!!!!!" Kwang Soo yelled as his eyes were watching her falling. He felt useless as he couldn't keep her save. He heard a loud thump as she landed on the ground. She was motionless, blood flows out from her head due to the impact.

Kwang Soo burst into tears and wailed with frustration. His eyes watched Dong Wook, anger fills him inside. He fights with the two bulky men and finally went into Dong Wook. He still remembers that the gun was on the ground. He lowered his body and grabbed it. He pulled the trigger and shoot Dong Wook on his chest. He shot over and over till he's out of bullet. 

Dong Wook smiled and finally laid on the ground. Dead. The most wanted man had been gone forever. Kwang Soo released the gun from his palm and turned around. His sight was on EunJi who passed away. Her eyes were shut, as if she's sleeping right now. He picked her body gently into a siting position, cuddled her with love. Kwang Soo didn't bother of the blood mess that he touched on. He regretted for causing her death. "EunJi-ah... I'm so sorry. Forgive me please." He whispered as he grieve with sorrow.

 

*Two Weeks Later*

Kwang Soo was still in a terrible mode, thinking about his fiancee's death. He still couldn't get over it. He drank every night, thinking that's the only way he could cover up his sadness. Every night in his dream, EunJi would be there. It hurts him so much when he realized that she's gone. Until one day, he decided to quit his job as an inspector. He changed from a cheerful man, into a quiet person. He went into the J-Hotel at noon. Pressing the highest floor of the building when he gets himself to the elevator. He gazed at the beautiful scenery when he reached at the top floor. 

"At least EunJi sees a great scene before she left." Mumbled Kwang Soo. He climbed out from the wall, leaning his back on it. One more step ahead, he would meet his death. He closed his eyes, playing back those scene of himself and EunJi. He sniffed his nose, crying as he remember them clearly. His eyes were opened, and he saw EunJi. Ahead of him ,showing her perfect smile towards him. She lifted her one arm as if she's trying to hold him. He smiled and try to held on hers. "Oppa is coming to you, EunJi. Wait for me" That was the last word that he spoke before ending his life.

 

THE END