Blood, Sweat & Tears

Blood, Sweat & Tears

Quiet, cold-bringing whispers of the wind around the corners of the building. Too silent, too small for any human to notice but the lean, light-pink haired feels it anyways. He shivers, rubbing his hands up and down the silky white fabric of his shirt. He hates the cold. There was never any cold where he came from. Just bright sunshine and comfortable, sleepy warmness. There, where every human regardless age, race or confession hopes to go. There, where he would no longer be allowed to return to. No one to blame for it except for himself. Yet, he doesn´t regret anything. Doesn´t regret any smile, any word that was shared. He´d do it all again.

The hollow sound of his feet making contact with the ground follow his every step. He turns around. Empty! No one around. Not a surprise there. It´s already late. How late? He doesn´t know. He isn´t yet familiar with the human concept of time nor does he care. What was time anyways?

He had snugged in close to closing time, following the pulling on every piece of his shattered heart. The staff trying to stop him a simple blur in his memory. It must be closed by now. Silence tells him so. A silence slowly placing its veil over the building, matching the one inside him. A silence only interrupted by his dripping heart and screaming mind. He stops in front of a painting. Dark, frightening, chaos. It fits his mind. A fight between hell and heaven. A fight between bad or good. Monsters against heroes.

If humans only knew how wrong they were. How could they? He hadn´t even known himself. Not until he had been send down as an ambassador. Down to the place no living human would ever get. Down to the place that was said to be cold and horrifying.

How wrong everyone was! How could it be cold when being greeted by the most illuminating smile? A smile brighter, a smile warmer than any sun. How could it be horrifying when being introduced by the most comforting voice? A voice more calming, a voice sweeter than chocolate. Intriguing! His eyes fixed to the painting, his feet unwilling to move. Memories clouding his mind: secret escapes, loving kisses, whispered promises, blond hair running through his fingers.

His eyes wetting. Over! There was no turning back, just the way to the front. Following the pull of his heart where ever. He walks again. Heavy footsteps on marble ground. Statures eyes on him. Tired! That´s all that´s on his mind. Too tired to carry on. Heart too heavy, too painful to keep going. No more strength for another step.

He closes his eyes. A melody! A melody calling him from somewhere. Suddenly, footstep around him. His brothers! His brothers leading him. To where? He doesn´t know. He doesn´t care. He simply follows. Something stops him. Everything disappearing from his eyes. Black! Everything dark as he is led again. He should be scared, but he isn´t. He knows: it´s him leading his heart.

He finds himself in front of a statue. Wings! Taehyung´s wings! He has no doubt. There was just one with such mighty, striking wings. Raven-black, silky wings connected to cold, hard stone. Punishment! This was theirs. Punishment for breaking the rules. Punishment for loving someone from the other side.

He feels him! Right in front of him and yet forever out of reach. Caught in an eternal prison of a lifeless piece of art. He steps closer. His feet carrying him on their own. He lifts his hand. No sign of life. Coldness under the tip of his fingers. Coldness running up his arm and into his heart. Fear!

One more time! He needed to feel it just one more time. He meets their lips. Warm flesh against cold stone. No difference! Nothing! He drops to his knees. His heart burns. Too much pain to hold. It´s dying. Blood oozing out, dripping onto the floor.

Dripping! He looks up. Tears running down the statues face. He touches. Still lifeless. No warmth. He closes his eyes. Hopeless! Never again! He waits. Waits for the sweet liberation of death. Cold spreads from his heart to his toes, to his fingers. Soon!

Warmth! Suddenly warmth wraps around him. Someone holding him tight. Who? He knows! He turns. Tears streaming down his face. Relief! He´s there! Right in front of him. Seconds and they are holding close. Closer than humanly possible, melting into each other. He feels scars under his fingers. Long scars down the back. He doesn´t care! They are together. His name being muttered into the silence of the night. Lips connect. Just one thought on their minds: Heaven!