Chapter 4: Hoya's Reality

I Do(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

           "You're going to marry Eunji."

           Hoya's world stopped, then shuttered. The phrase was echoing inside his head repeatedly it was deafening.

           He was trying to forget this reality, but he was proven it was impossible the moment he opened their door and his grandmother was there.

           Nam-Park Chorong was the queen of Bigeon, a small community in the east of the country, one of the ethnic communities that was able to live with the modern times.

          They had their own set of rules, and culture, along with abiding the rules of the country.

          Their family had been ruling Bigeon ever since it was built by Park Bi Geon centuries ago. They were actively contributing to the country as they were like a living museum of the country's history as well.

          And as an important contributor, they were respected, and were subjected to the public.

         The media was always waiting for any news, may that be a scandal or not, about them. He could imagine the headlines once this news went public.

         He'd been trying to ignore this reality for a long time. He didn't mind this before. He knew since then that he had to fulfill his responsibilities. He was actually ready to take on whatever role, until he fell in love. He met Choa and she became the meaning of freedom for him.

         But reality was slapping him now in the face. He didn't know what to do.

         He was forced away from his thoughts when someone slapped his arm really hard. He looked at Eunji.

         "Ya, aren't you going to say anything? Our life is being toyed here! Any violent reactions?"

         He just looked at her. She was the reason of his early reality. Ever since his grandmother met her when they were in middle school, he knew he had no hold of his life.

         To be the next ruler, that he could handle. In Bigeon, the next ruler was always the first grandson, and yes, he was Queen Chorong's first grandson. And every ruler should have a queen. It would be decided according to the signs their prophetess foresaw. No, you're not reading 'prophetess' wrong. They were an ethnic group, they still practice ancient traditions. The signs, though, he would never understand how and where they got them. But according to those damn signs, Eunji should be his queen.

            But he couldn't blame her. She was a victim as he was. It wasn't her fault the signs pointed to her. She was his friend. And she was a free spirit.

           It wasn't actually bad to marry her. You're just being rebellious to your grandmother.

            Now, where did that thought come from?

           It’s the truth, Howon. You know it’s the truth. He got irritated with himself. But his pride was more powerful than the truth.

          “What do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter