Chapter 1: 'Lovely' Day Season 1

I Do(Discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

         “Hoya-ah,” Howon looked at his mother who was sitting across him in the dining area.

         “You’re grandmother called last night. She said she will be visiting very soon.”

         He could understand the careful tone of his mother. She knew how he felt when topics about his grandmother was brought up.

         “Tell her ‘take care' then,” was his blank response.

          He wasn't being rude. He simply didn't know what to say. Honestly, he wasn't looking forward to her visit. He knew what it meant, and he still wasn't ready to face her yet. Heck, he didn't even know if he would ever be ready.

         He didn't even want to talk about it, or think about it.

         He hastily finished eating his breakfast.

         “I’ll just go out for a walk.” He stood up and headed for the door.

         “You’ll have to face her, Hoya-ah. Ready or not,” his mother said as he was about to open the door.

         He paused. Don't have a choice, huh? Sad life.

         He turned to his mother. “I know.” Then he was out of their house.

 

         Howon was still in deep thought about the upcoming visit of his grandmother when a girl riding on a bike passed in front of him while muttering curses. Her two pigtails were familiar to him. His gaze followed her trail and witnessed how she hurt her… How she got hurt. Boy, he didn't mean to witness that.

         He just stood there and watched her as she got up and cursed the poor bike before standing it up. He purposefully omitted the part where he saw her touching her injured part. His life might be at stake if she learned about this.

         The gentleman part of him was nagging him for just standing there. So with a grin on his face, he walked towards the cursing damsel in distress. 

 

         “! ! !” Eunji repeated the curse aloud as she lost control of her bicycle. Being a first-timer in riding a bike, she found herself slumped on the road with her . She instantly felt the pain from that part of her body. She slowly stood up and felt her behind. It felt like it would swell a little. She slightly winced. She had a feeling that it might have a few bruises.

         She eyed the bike which was laying beside her. Too bad she couldn't 'avada kedavra' it. So she settled in cursing it before pulling it up.

         She was thankful that she was alone in that quiet neighborhood. No one witnessed her epic failure.

         “You should have asked someone to teach you how to ride that thing.”

         Or so she thought. She immediately turned around, ready to kill the witness. The said witness was none other than Lee Howon, the guy she was secretly in love with. And there was a devilish grin on his face. He was actually a handsome man, he was always handsome in her eyes, but not today. He looked like Joker with that grin.

         Holy son of a kimchi! Of all people, why him? she thought.

        “Learning from others is acceptable, you know,” he said when he reached her.

        She wanted to wipe off his grin literally. But she settled on just cursing him instead.

        “Damn you, Howon!”

        Other people might be offended but he just laughed, which made her more annoyed.

         She kicked one of his feet. He stopped laughing and muttered a soft ‘ah’. Andl then he smiled again.

         “Are you hurt somewhere?” he asked her. She inconspicuously hide her hand on her back, resting it a little above her .

         “Yeah, I hurt my ---I mean my back, got that? My back.”

          She was now silently cursing herself for that slip-of-the-tongue.

          Howon raised an eyebrow. “So you sit with your back now?”

          The guy had the nerve to grin again at her. So he actually knew it was her that got injured. 

          A for your effort of concealing it, Eunji. Her mind mocked.

         “Psh, why ask if you already knew?” she turned her back on him and started walking away with her bike. She also didn't want this conversa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter