Whoa There Hotshot

Pancakes and Flirting

“Well that’s nice. At least this time I managed to get your attention.” said the stranger followed up by a smile.

 

“Uhmm… And who are you again?” replied Seungjun hesitantly.

 

“Just some random stranger trying to make conversation with another random stranger.”

 

“Is this serious? Because this isn’t the first time you did this.”

 

“What do you mean? Oh! Oh yeah! There was that this morning. I’m sorry that was me trying to get your attention. Don’t mind me! I just like looking at beautiful things.” said the stranger nonchalantly. This ticked Seungjun off.

 

“So what? I don’t really care. Plus you didn’t answer my question. Just go away if you don’t want to answer. Anyway I still have to review. So yeah. ” Seungjun tried to get his papers on the table but the stranger placed his hand on top of Seungjun’s.

 

“Whoa there hotshot! Calm down. Didn’t mean to get you so cranky. The name is Jihun. Kim Jihun. You?” but to no avail, Seungjun didn’t reply. He just stared intently at Jihun, which in turn made the other feel conscious but didn’t let it show on his face. The situation suddenly became a staring contest.

 

The contest lasted for another minute until Jihun broke the ice.

 

“What? Is there something on my face? Oh! I get it. I’m just too handsome that you can’t take your eyes off of me. It’s alright. Stare at it all you want. My face isn’t going anywhere.” said Jihun in a smug voice.

 

 The last statement made Seungjun roll his eyes. “Don’t get too full of yourself. I was just trying to gauge you, whether you were a stalker or a .”

 

“What the--! This face!? This face? A stalker! I am offended by your statement Seungjun-ssi!” Seungjun’s eyes widened as he heard Jihun speak his name. He was curious, bewildered actually, as to how this person in front of him knew his name.

 

“! What the hell!? How did you know my name?” Jihun was about to speak but Seungjun was faster. “I knew it! You are a stalker! Some---!!!” Seungjun was about to scream for help but Jihun managed to cover Seungjun’s mouth.

 

“Calm down bro! For the record I am not your stalker nor even in the slightest possible way a okay? In the count of three I’m going to let go of you. Okay? Okay. 1… 2… 3…”

 

It was a good thing that Seungjun stayed calm. He wasn’t actually panicking, he was laughing on the inside. He was just putting his acting skills on display trying to get Jihun off his game. Luckily it paid off. Just before Jihun could utter another word the food Seungjun ordered arrived.

 

“Thank goodness! I was getting really hungry.” right after Seungjun said that, he ate like there was no tomorrow. He just drank water every now and then. Not even five minutes passed and Seungjun’s plate was already spick and span.

 

When Jihun saw what just happened, his jaw literally dropped. He didn’t expect that such a fine young man like Seungjun could eat like that. But he was actually amused, happy in fact that Seungjun was comfortable enough to eat like that in front of him.

 

“You’re really that hungry, huh?” asked Jihun.

 

“No. I’m just in a hurry to get away from you.” Replied Seungjun in a matter of fact tone.

 

“Ouch. Well that hurt. Hahaha!” Jihun replied as he scratched the back of his head.

 

“Bye Jihun-ssi! I got to go!” Seungjun ran off right after he said that.

 

Jihun was all smiles when Seungjun left. He didn’t even expect that Seungjun would try to remember his name. He didn’t even expect that Seungjun would forget that he was wearing an I.D.

 

“Whoooo! At last I got away from that weird person. He is really weird. Like weird, weird. How did he even know my name? I’m really going to ask my parents to let me move somewhere else. !” These were just some of the bundle of thoughts that were running through his head.

 

As soon as he entered his apartment he made his way hastily to his room then stood in front of the mirror trying to calm himself down.

 

“Inhale. Exhale. Seungjun. Calm. Down. That g---” As soon as he said that he remembered Jihun. He remembered his cute with a mix of swag face. He remembered how cute his laugh was.

 

“Oh no, no, no, no. Seungjun. You cannot like that guy. That guy won’t do you any good. And besides, he looks like a gangster. Plus, you are not gay. Okay? Not gay. Not gay.”

 

As he stared at himself at the mirror he noticed that he was wearing his I.D. Then reality hit him straight on his forehead.

 

“Oh ! Seungjun. How could you be so dumb? “How did you know my name?!” That was so stupid of you. It’s not rocket science. It’s just basic observation Seungjun. How could you even call yourself a med student?”

 

Seungjun was welling up with guilt. This was the first time that someone affected him like that. He didn’t know what to say to Jihun. He didn’t even have his contact nor an idea of where to find him.

 

“. How am I supposed to deal with this guilt? I have no way of contacting him. Oh well I just need to be prepared so that when I see him I can say sorry and ask him how I can make up for it.” To get away with the guilt he did the only thing he can do. Sleep.