Poor Cheesecake

Pancakes and Flirting

Chapter 1

 

Though he is a medical student, he actually didn’t need coffee to keep him awake at night considering he had to read a lot of materials and make sure he remembers them. He had his loud neighbors to thank for that. They weren’t actually screaming, they just talk really loud. It was like they always have a scheduled debate. 

 

“Freaking ! I need to read all of these by tonight.” Seungjun mumbled to himself as he stared at the mountainous pile of handouts on the table. Looking at the clock he would be able to finish everything by midnight at the very least.

 

By the time he was halfway through his neighbors stopped their loud conversation which slowly made Seungjun sleepy.

 

“Heck no Seungjun. You cannot sleep until you finish reading every single paper.” He thought to himself.

 

So he got up and looked for his phone in the pile of mess on his bed. Once he found it he plugged in his headphones, chose Beethoven as the featured musician of the night and turned up the volume to max. Listening to classical music made him focus even more, tuning everything in his surroundings out.

 

As soon as he read the last word on the last piece of paper, his face fell flat on the table, putting him soundly asleep.

 

 When Seungjun woke up it was only 30 minutes after six. Even though he slept two hours short he wasn’t feeling sleepy at all. The first thing that came to mind was to review but his stomach was saying otherwise. After changing clothes, Seungjun grabbed his wallet and handouts then made his way downstairs. There was not much of a choice on where to eat breakfast since it was still early. Luckily his go-to place was already open. It’s a café that serves mostly deserts and is furnished in a cutesy but classy manner.

 

“Good morning and welcome to Angel Cakes!” The staff greeted in chorus. Seungjun made his way to the counter and ordered his food.

 

“Uhmm. I’ll have one mango cheesecake and a glass of milkshake.” After he paid for his food he went to look for a seat near the window. As soon as he found a comfortable spot he plopped down and brought out his papers and started rereading.

 

Seungjun was too focused on reviewing that he didn’t even notice that the food was already there. In fact he didn’t even notice that someone sat in front of him until that someone spoke.

 

“Are you not going to eat that? If I was that cheesecake I’d be very sad. I’d be thinking like “Am I not appetizing enough?” Something like that.” Said the stranger in a teasing tone which made Seungjun look up and realize that he wasn’t alone and that the food was already there. The guy was actually pretty cute even if he was wearing earrings. Even though he was already hit with realization, he still had this dumbfounded look on his face.

 

“Eh? Uhh. I was too focused on reading that I didn’t notice the food. Sorry. Uhmm. Who are you again and why are you sitting there?” Seungjun said when he managed to get his wits back.

 

The stranger didn’t reply. Instead he just smiled at him, got up then left.

 

“Well, that was weird. He was weird” Seungjun thought to himself.

 

“Oh ! I have got to go.” Seungjun said in an almost screaming tone when he saw the time.

 

“Excuse me! Uhmm. Can you please pack these for me?” Seungjun just basically yelled to any staff available causing the other customers to look at him. He was so embarrassed that he wished that that didn’t happen.

 

Luckily there was an available staff to tend to him which made the embarrassment subside. “Here you go sir.” The staff said as he handed the food to Seungjun.

 

Seungjun almost hurled himself out of the store and ran to his apartment to get his stuff. It was a good thing that his apartment was just a five minute walk to school. Well, a minute if you run. When he arrived at school, it was still half an hour before his class starts. He wasn’t actually late. He just really wanted to arrive early so that by the time class starts he will be in a focused state.

 

Seungjun doesn’t really have any friends at school. He just has what you call acquaintances. After school he goes straight to his apartment, stopping by any restaurant he likes and orders to-go.  Seungjun’s family is pretty well-off. Both of his parents are doctors, giving him extra pressure to do well in medicine school. His parents weren’t forcing him to become a doctor. It was his own choice influenced by something that happened way back when he was seven. Way back when he had a twin brother.

 

“At last! Time to go home.” said Seungjun in his mind stretching his arms as he got up.

 

“Hmm… Now, where to eat? Where to eat?” he thought to himself as he got out of the building. As he was walking he saw a restaurant called “Knock”. It doesn’t really sound like a name for a restaurant but you’ll know it is because it says restaurant just right below the signboard. Piqued by his curiosity, he went inside without having second thoughts. If he likes the menu and the furnishing he might actually become a regular here. And he liked it, he liked everything about the restaurant. After ordering he immediately sat down near the window and waited for his food.

 

After five minutes of staring outside, the food still wasn’t arriving. A few minutes more someone suddenly sat in front of him. It was the cute guy with earrings again.

 

“Well that’s nice. At least this time I managed to get your attention.” Said the stranger followed up by a smile.