five

The Water Bride - 물 신부
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

장 - Yeul

 

Hana opened her eyes and blinked, her blurred vision clearing. As she looked at her surroundings, she strangely stood just right outside the Water God's room on the Celestial Beach. Lifting her head, she looked up at the gray clouded sky, not even a single ray of sunshine could penetrate through the heavy clouds in the Celestial Realm. Thinking that she would see her husband on his favorite jeweled dock, her eyes flickered over but his godly silhouette was nowhere to be seen. Hana let out a sudden gasp at the sight of there being no flowers on the ocean's surface at all — it was as if the Sea of Flowers never existed at all. Hana quickly ran down the steps of the patio and made her way to the jeweled dock. 

 

When she reached the end of the dock, the mortal bride bent down and looked at the water, which had turned murky and cloudy, trying to find any signs of life. She couldn't see a single thing past the surface and her heart sank. As she tried hard to find at least a small sparkle of the fish's scales, her reflection on the water slowly twisted and changed into another person — a female to be exact.

 

"Look at you, a weak Water Bride," the lady in the reflection chuckled at Hana, cause her to nearly jumped in shock at the sudden voice. "Why are you even here? You don't even belong in this world."

 

Hana's eyes flickered to her reflection and saw another woman in place of hers. It was a beautiful woman, she had eyes the color of sparkling amethyst, long and straight dark brown hair, and dark red lips. There was a distinct black mole right below the outer corner of her left eye. Hana was mesmerized by her mature beauty but something about this woman seemed eerily...off. 

 

"W-Who are you?" The mortal asked. "And where is everyone else?"

 

"Shouldn't you already know who I am by now?" She smirked and smugly raised an eyebrow at the girl. "My name is Yeul."

 

At that name, Hana's eyes widen in shock and she felt a twinge in her heart. The person in her reflection on the water was Suho's past lover — the one that he couldn't move on from and the one who created the turmoil in his heart. She was indeed a very beautiful woman, Hana could tell why Suho eventually fell in love with her. Soon, thoughts of jealousy clouded the young bride's head and she felt her emotions getting the best of her. At the young woman's reaction to that name, that lady smirked and let out a triumphant chuckle, breaking Hana out of her thoughts. 

 

"Why are you here?" She sternly asked. "And where is Suho? What have you done to him?"

 

"Suho?" Yuel scoffed. "You don't even know his real name yet? How sad that is."

 

"What do you mean?" Hana furrowed her brows at the lady. "His real name? Isn't Suho his real name?"

 

"Hmm, that seems fitting since he has yet to tell you many things about himself including his past with me," the lady smugly chuckled at the younger woman. "Aren't you jealous? Wouldn't you like to know what we did as a couple? How he touched me? And how he kissed me?"

 

At Yuel's provoking words, the ball of jealousy grew in Hana's chest and bit the inside of her lips to keep her emotions in. She didn't want to show this lady that her words evoked any type of emotions from her. Her hands balled up into fists to the point where her long nails dug into the palms of her hands, creating little crescents indents on her skin. Just the thought of Yuel and Suho being together was enough to cause her to lash out in anger! 

 

"I-I don't need to know about his past," Hana lied. "Those things are useless to me since he is with me now. Besides, that's all in the past..."

 

"If you're curious, why don't you ask one of his younger brothers," Yuel suggested. "I'm sure they're all inclined to tell you about anything — especially if it's about me and how important I was to your dear Water God."

 

At those words, the mortal bride swallowed her emotions and believed the older woman's words. The corner of Yuel's lips curled into a victorious smirk at the mortal's quiet response. Her plan of getting revenge on Jun Myeon has already begun and she couldn't wait to see the horrified look on the Water God's face when he watches his bride bleed out and die! 

 

"Oh, one more thing," Yuel added. "All you need to know is that we are bound to meet soon and I cannot wait until that day comes, dear mortal. I hope you don't pass up that chance — it's not like you'll have the will to do so anyway."

 

"W-What do you—"

 

Before Hana could finish her sentence, Yuel's violet eyes flashed menacingly through the reflection, sending a chill shivering down her spine before the surface of the water began rippling, the lady disappearing from the bride's reflection, replacing it with Hana's own image. The young bride stared at her reflection in the water, deeply pondering about what her last words meant.

 

There was no way that his evil woman could still be alive. 

 

 

 

 

The sun was already halfway through the sky when the mortal bride finally awoke from her deep slumber from the night before. As expected, Suho wasn't in the bed anymore and had already left to do his Water God duties. Hana laid in bed and stared at the calming azure ceiling of the room, the strange dream replaying over in her head. She felt the ball of jealousy forming in her chest again as she replayed Yuel's words over and over again. 

 

"Wouldn't you like to know what we did as a couple? How he touched me? And how he kissed me?"

 

Her brows creased the more she thought about what really happened between the two when they were a couple in the Celestial Realm. As much as Hana hated wanting to know, she felt that she must find out about Suho's past so that history doesn't repeat itself at all. Not wanting to lay in bed anymore, the Water Bride decided to get up and make her way out to the porch to get rid of the bad aftertaste from her dream. She stepped out onto the glass porch and walked over to the ledge which overlooked the shallow parts of the sea which was not as far as the jewel dock, being greeted by the wonderful smells of the flowers of the sea.

 

Hana placed her hands on the railing and closed her eyes just as the wind picked up. A beautiful smile danced upon her lips as she breathed in a breath of the freshest air in the world. Below her, Jun Myeon quietly emerged from the water, a grin on his face as he watched his Water Bride enjoying the sun. With his hands, he motioned the ocean waves to raise him to the ledge of the glass porch, the young woman still not taking notice of the Water God's presence. As much as he didn't want to ruin the pure moment, he had a message he needed to relay from his parents. 

 

"Yoo Hana," Jun Myeon gently spoke her name. 

 

Her eyes fluttered open at the voice and saw that it was Suho in front of her. He had a handsome smile spread across his lips as he watched her eyes widen in shock and she quickly looked over the ledge to see that his weight was fully supported by a wave from the ocean, which looked like a floating glob of water to the young woman. 

 

"You scared me!" Hana pouted at the man, tucking strands of her long bangs behind her ear, a blush seeping onto her cheeks. 

 

"Did you perhaps forget that I am the powerful Water God?" Jun Myeon chuckled at her reaction.

 

"Maybe for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter