two

The Water Bride - 물 신부
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

장 - Mistake
 

 

A sea full of lilies stretched out to what seemed like the edge of the world under the vast blue clear sky and a lovely soft tune could be heard in the distance. On the edge of the jeweled dock, a young man sat on the edge, one leg propped up to support his right arm and the other one dangling off the edge, playing a small flute with his eyes closed. Out in the distance, a small wave stirred the water, causing the lilies to sway back and forth. When the wave touched the dock, the man stopped playing and opened his eyes, revealing a pair of beautiful brown enchanting orbs.  

 

"What is it, brother?" The young man asked. 

 

A tall skinny figure appeared behind him and he knew exactly who it was; Sehun, the God of all the Winds. He was dressed in his usual Imperial sterling gray durumagi with the winds decorated on it. 

 

"There is a slight disturbance in the air and I have a feeling that it might be connected to you..." Sehun said, his voice trailing off. 

 

There was a moment of silence as the man let the latter's words settle onto his ears. 

 

"Why would it be connected to me?" He asked, not bothering to turn round. 

 

"Jun Myeon, it's your bride..." The younger one summed it up and exhaled a small sigh. 

 

Sehun knew that this older brother of his wasn't the brightest and took such a long time to process something so simple. Being the impatient brother he is, Sehun always spells out everything for the older one. There was no point in waiting for Jun Myeon, the Great Water God to read between the lines, everyone in the Royal Celestial Palace knew of this. Everyone often joked around with him by saying that he was born with water in his head instead of a brain. That wasn't funny to Jun Myeon and eventually ends up with a raging rainstorm striking the palace. 

 

"Aren't you going to go and get her?" Sehun asked, fixing his eyes on the small red figure floating in the water, which seems to be across the ocean of lilies. 

 

Not answering his brother, Jun Myeon raised his left hand and curled his fingers into his palm, bringing the waves into his directions. Being the Great Water God, Jun Myeon used the waves to slowly bring the red floating figure to him on the jeweled dock. Sehun watched the older one and without moving a muscle, he changed the direction of the winds in a blink of an eye so that it was now blowing in the same direction as the waves going towards the dock. Being the Gods of Water and Wind, both brothers had to learn how to cooperate even when they don't want too. The two brothers watched as the figure floated closer and closer to the jeweled dock. 

 

"It's a young woman..." Sehun murmured, taking steps towards the edge of the dock where his brother sat. 

 

She was dressed in the proper wedding attire, headpiece, and everything, as well as the red cloth over her eyes, as expected from the mortals. Her hands were placed on top of one another on her stomach as she floated. Every part of her was wet and drenched in water. Tiny water droplets collected and formed on her skin as she floated through the lilies as well as the red dress clinging to her skin, creating dark red lines in the clothes that stuck to her arms and chest. The hairpieces and pins that she had in her hair still shined so brightly in the sun and looked beautiful. Underneath the water, koi fishes of all sizes and colors swam over to greet the unfamiliar guest with bubbly kisses before swimming away. 

 

Jun Myeon watched in silence as the small waves carried her towards the dock before stopping. Her pale skin and black hair were the first things he had noticed on her body before her red painted lips then her red wedding attire. He jumped down into the water with a splash and slowly trudge his way over to her. 

 

"Hyung," Sehun called to him but he didn't answer. 

 

Jun Myeon held his breath as he neared the beauty. She was just too beautiful and for a second, he could've sworn that she looked like his first love, which scared him a bit. Lifting a hand, Jun Myeon cupped her tinted red cheeks and felt how cold her skin was compared to his warm hand. He immediately placed his hand into the water and with a swish of his hand, the water surrounding them started steaming with heat. Sehun squinted his eyes, trying to find his brother in all the steam that came from the hot water that his brother heated up. He could've used the wind to blow away all the steam but he didn't want the bride to freeze. 

 

"Fine, I'll leave you two alone then," Sehun said. "I'll go tell the others about her arrival."

 

With a swish of his gray coat, Sehun disappeared, swept away by a gentle wind heading towards the Celestial Palace while Jun Myeon was still in the same place in the water. Slowly and carefully, the gentle waves he made carried them to the shallow parts of the water. He lowered himself to the ground and sat down, the water only reaching up to mid-waist as he did. Luckily for Jun Myeon, it didn't take long for the bride to wake up from her deep slumber. 

 

Her deep brown eyes slowly fluttered open under the sheer cloth to see the blue sky staring back at her. Feeling the motion of soft waves underneath her, Ha Na turned to sit up but suddenly fell into someone's arms due to the ground being a bit deeper than she thought.

 

"Careful, you just have woken up from a deep slumber that the pond's fairies put you in so your body isn't as strong," a gentle voice told her. 

 

Hana slowly looked up at the person in front of her and saw a handsome man. Out of shock, she pushed herself out of his arms and landed into the water again. Jun Myeon chuckled lightly when she saw her reaction to him. Was he that scary looking?

 

"Perhaps she doesn't know who I am?" He thought. 

 

She sat up and glanced at him, her eyes traveling up and down his body. He had light brown hair that was up and secured by a silver headpiece and pin with a light blue jewel in the middle and was wearing an Imperial light blue durumagi with lilies decorated all of it. She wracked her mind trying to remember what had happened to her and where she was until she looked down and finally took notice of the red gown she was wearing. 

 

"That's right! I was getting married to the Water God!" She thought to herself. "Could this man in front of me perhaps be the Water God?"

 

Hana looked at the man, who was staring back at her curiously. 

 

"Excuse me-" she began to speak but was interrupted by the handsome man. 

 

"Wait a moment."

 

Jun Myeon reached over and unpinned the red cloth over her eyes to reveal her big sparkling brown ones underneath. With the cloth now removed, Hana could see the man more clearly now and stared at him in awe, her cheeks slowly growing red under his unfaltering gaze. If this handsome man was the Water God, he seemed nothing like in the stories she heard of him back in the human world. She was told that the Water God is a hideous monster god who swallows his brides up since they're only sacrifices to him. 

 

"Who are you?" She asked, her big eyes staring at him curiously. 

 

"Me?" Jun Myeon pointed to himself. 

 

Hana nodded and waited for his answer. 

 

"I'm..."

 

Jun Myeon's voice trailed off as he thought of what to tell her. He didn't want to reveal who he was right away because he didn't know who she was or where she came from. The girl might've been sent by other gods to spy on him, which is somewhat common in the celestial realms. If she really did come to the Celestial Realm to become his wife as a sacrifice for her country, then he would have to test her. 

 

"My name is Suho."

 

The girl continued to stare at him after he gave her his name. Suho was his nickname in place of the Water God title and Jun Myeon was his real name. At least he didn't lie to the girl about his name and use a fake one in place of it. 

 

"Ahh..nice to meet you, Suho," she greeted and slightly lowered her head. "My name is Yoo Hana."

 

She beamed at him and Jun Myeon immediately felt his cheeks heat up, which wasn't normal to him. Was he getting a fever from getting in contact with a mere mortal human? Was she carrying any kind of disease that was going to harm him in any way? Their eyes were locked onto each other and didn't break until a small voice interrupted. 

 

"Ahem."

 

The couple turned and look to find a little girl in a royal gown of colors staring at the both of them, more like glaring at Jun Myeon. She strutted over to both of them and cleared one more time before opening to speak. 

 

"What are you two still doing in the water?" She asked. "It not good to leave your bride in the water like this, you stupid water idiot."

 

Hana's eyes widen with shock at the little girl's words and she turned to look at the man next to her.

 

Was this man really the Water God?!

 

Before she could open to ask, the little girl leaned down and reached over to grasp her arm, helping her out of the water. Unfortunately, since Hana is a human, her body wasn't used to the godly aura in the Celestial Realm and it caused her to faint right on the spot as soon as she stepped out of the water. The little girl let out a sigh and sent a deathly glare at Jun Myeon. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter