Six

Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin arrived at school out of breath. He'd run most of the way there, afraid he hadn't searched hard enough yesterday and that he would find out that someone had died.

He jogged through every hallway, searching for someone who looked sad, or stressed, or tired - anything that seemed the slightest bit out of the ordinary.

He saw every type of person you could imagine, but none seemed to show the desperate sadness that the note had seemed to convey.

Feeling exhausted, he finally turned to go to his class. He was relieved because he had heard no rumors of any deaths, but very scared because he had seen no one that had looked like they were contemplating ending their life.

What did that mean? What if they just hadn't come to school? What if it was because they couldn't-? Because they had killed themselves-?! He shuddered at the thought and prayed that his class would finish faster.

By the time the class was nearly over, he had calmed down sufficiently to reassure himself that he'd most likely just not seen the girl yet. That somehow they'd turned down different hallways and just not come into contact.

As soon as Jimin exited his classroom at lunch, Taehyung popped out in front of him.

He jumped back in surprise. "Whoa!" he exclaimed. "Tae? What are you doing here?"

"What do you think I'm doing here?" he asked impatiently. "I'm here to help you find the girl writing the notes! Remember?"

"Shhh!" He pressed his hand against the other boy's lips. "Do you want the whole school to know that!" he whisper-shouted.

Tae's bubbling excitement toned down, the corners of his lips going downward. "Sorry," he said softly, looking like a whipped puppy.

Jimin grabbed his arm as he turned away. "Hey. I didn't mean to snap. I really appreciate your help."

Taehyung's features brightened. "Really? Are you sure you want me to help?"

He looked his best friend straight in the eyes. "Yes, I do. This person really needs someone to help her and two heads are better than one. If it's possible for us to find her, we'll find her much faster with the both of us."

Tae rubbed his palms together. "Then where to first, Captain?"

Taehyung's exuberance caused a laugh to escape his lips. "Uhh.." He scratched his head. "I think we need to go back outside to where I saw the note. Who knows? Maybe this person will write another one."

Tae grabbed his arm and started tugging him down the hallway. "Well, let's go, then."

Tae's nails seemed to dig into his forearm and he winced. After being dragged along a few more yards, Jimin finally managed to peel his friend's fingers from his arm. "Wow, Tae. Easy, man," he said, inspecting his arm. "You have a hard grip."

Taehyung glanced back at him. "Oh, I'm sorry. I sometimes forget how strong I am."

He shook his head and patted him on the shoulder. "No worries. It's fine. We have more important things to worry about, anyway."

They quickly walked to the exit and turned in the direction of Jimin's tree.

"So, what exactly are we looking for?"

"I'm not sure. I just thought that since this where the note came down at, maybe this area is a place where the person likes to come. Or," he said pointing up towards the roof, "maybe they like to hang out on the roof."

Tae nodded. He looked up at the roof with a serious expression. "Well, we're here. If they go there again, we'll be here if they throw down another note." He sighed, sadly. He looked at Jimin. "It's so sad to think that they might've possibly jumped from the roof yesterday. I'm so glad they didn't."

Jimin's face clouded over in horror as be nodded. "I know," he said softly. "I'm very glad they didn't, too." He closed his eyes. "They probably would've fallen somewhere nearby."

Taehyung's face blanched. He hadn't thought of that. If that person had jumped, Jimin might actually have seen them falling since he'd been spending his lunch hour here. The thought scared him to death and he put his gaze to the ground and began to search around the tree carefully.

Jimin had a sudden thought and froze.

Taehyung looked up and frowned when he saw him not moving. He moved closer, but Jimin still didn't move. He waved his hand in front of his face. "Yo, Jimin. What are you doing? Did you find something?" He frantically turned and looked around the area where Jimin was staring.

"Wh-what?" Jimin stuttered. He shook his head as if he had just woken up.

"Did you find something?"

Jimin's face became solemn. "No. But I just thought of something."

Tae's brows rose. "So?" he asked. "What'd you think of?" When his friend remained silent, he became impatient. "Well?" he demanded. 

Jimin finally looked at Taehyung. "What if it's not a girl?"

Taehyung stared at him, blankly. "What?"

"What if the person....what if it's not a girl?"

His friend was lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter