02;

W: The Continuous Story

02;
 

The sight of Hawaii's most famous beach comes into Yeonjoo's view as soon as she walks into their suite. Chul, however, is too sleepy to function. He throws his stuffs onto the nearest couch he could locates and throws himself down onto their bed. Yeonjoo only laughs at how sleepy he actually is. Perhaps he's been really busy trying to keep up with his works so that it won't collide with their wedding. She could barely sees him these few days before their wedding. She then decides to take a shower first, it looks like Chul really needs his 5 minutes of sleep anyway. 

As the night goes deeper, it starts getting really chilly. Yeonjoo shivers a little when she removes her clothes as the cold air hits her bare skin. She increases the temperature inside the shower enclosure and hurriedly steps inside. It's a lot more warmer inside, she knows she could takes her times and spend hours in there without having to worry about crazy dog nagging at her constantly for being merely 3 seconds late. 

The lukewarm water hits against her back and literally soaks her hair. For a moment, Yeonjoo closes her eyes and enjoys the moment. Chul and her has been married for years but today, now that they really got married properly, it does feels different. She coulnd't help but think if deep down, Chul wishes his friends over ther would be here today for their wedding or not. 

Her train of thought was soon interrupted when she felt a blast of cold air hit her back. Someone opened the door to the shower enclosure. Yeonjoo turned around to find Chul standing by the door and smirked at her cheekily. Ah, did she forget to lock the door? Darn it, Yeonjoo mentally cursed herself. She could felt her cheeks burning as Chul's eyes moved from her face to her body, and slowly to every parts of her. 

But why does she not feel the need to push him away or cover herself? 

For a moment, Chul almost couldn't contain himself. He felt his breathing hardened and his body slightly warmed up. His mind took notes of every single details on her body. She's beautiful, why couldn't he bring himself to tell her that? She's indeed beautiful, his friends were right.

"Mind if I join?"

His voice comes out rather rough and Yeonjoo could sees his fist clenching then unclenching several times as he gulps down while he speaks. It has already happened and Yeonjoo has no intention in denying it either so she gives him a slight nod. 

When Chul walked in, his clothes completely removed, Yeonjoo tried so hard to refrain herself from savoring his body like he did. Maybe a little peek wouldn't hurt so she did. Yeonjoo's face burnt bright red, her eyes wandered around his body. He's fit but the only thing that was visible to her was the wound that first brought them together. She reached her hand out to touch the wound scar from the knife right on his gut. Chul didn't seem to mind that, his eyes followed her and soon after, he gently placed his hand on top of her hand which is resting gently on his scar. 

Yeonjoo diverted her gaze to Chul's. His eyes searched her for something while he her cheeks. It felt electrifying despites how many times he had her cheeks that way before. Chul pulled her face toward him and almost instantly, he leaned in to kiss her. Yeonjoo could processed the intensity and want in his kiss before she slowly returned back the kiss, her hands wrapped around his neck. She could almost stood on the top of her feet so that she could kiss him even better, he was way too good. Chul has always been good with kissing, she wouldn't mind him kissing her out of her hard times. 

He pulled back after a while and Yeonjoo stared at him confusedly, she was still in a daze though parts of her was disappointed that he would ended it so quickly like that. He tilted his head a little bit to the side and stared at her. His whole self was dripping wet as well. Both were just as breathless but Yeonjoo didn't care about that at all. 

"Are you sure you want whatever this is leading to?" He asked, she felt herself softened a little at the anxiety inside his eyes, afraid that he's the only one feeling this way. 

Yeonjoo slightly but as gentle as ever, trails her fingers along his face. "As sure as you are."

 

•••

 

"Good morning!" 

Yeonjoo turns around to faces Chul who gives her a soft sleepy smile. She smiles and mutters the same thing back as she wraps the blanket securely around herself and cuddles closer into her husband. Chul doesn't seem to mind that, he wraps his bare arms around her small waist and finally brings himself to open his eyes and stares at the woman in front of him. 

"Breakfast in bed?" Yeonjoo asked once Chul fixes his eyes on her. 

"Are you tired?" 

There was a slight teasing tone in his voice and Yeonjoo playfully grimaced at that but he was right, she's dead tired. For this whole past week, crazy dog had been pushing her around here and there even though it was supposed to be someone else's shift and she had to dealt with the wedding planning with her mom. She had to wake up really early for yesterday and when she thought that she could used this honeymoon as a chance to redeem all the sleep she lost, Chul had to be very impatient last night.

"Of course, I am. You didn't give me a chance to sleep." 

Chul slightly raises his head up from his pillow and gives her an offended look. "It wouldn't happen if you didn't agree to." 

Yeonjoo breaks into a giggling fit and pulls him back. She snuggles closer into his arm and Chul only smiles at that sight. He's just as tired and even though he couldn't help out a lot with the wedding plan, he has to make sure he completes the necessary things at work so it won't affect their wedding and honeymoon and it wasn't entirely his fault, Yeonjoo forgot to lock the bathroom while she's showering.

"Do you want to shower first?" Chul asked, his voice came soft and lazy.

Yeonjoo only laughs at the sight. "You only offered because you wanted to sleep a bit more, don't you?" 

He shakes his hand back and forth with a smile though his eyes are closed and Yeonjoo decides to move herself toward the bathroom after that. She makes sure to locks her door properly this time before she pulls her hair up into a bun. Being married does makes her seems a little bit different, it feels weirdly complete. Maybe because it's with the man she could sacrifices even her life for him, maybe because they went through so much together or maybe because she just simply loves him to the bits. 

Being a doctor does gives her one advantage, she's quick to prepare herself. Yeonjoo puts a short white dress and comes out to Chul already wearing his tee and a pair of short pants. His hairs are all disarrayed but he still looks good. For a moment, she wishes she could actually looks half as good as he does after waking up so crazy dog won't call her ugly every times they met for a surgery. He didn't have to go as far as to insult her in front of the other doctors and in front of a patient. 

"I ordered toasts and coffee."

Yeonjoo nods, it seems just perfect to her. Light and simple, the way she has always likes it. After all, she doesn't really care about the menu for breakfast, she barely eats them anyway.  The view on her side seems to be greeting her with the sight of the beach, it looks even better in the morning especially when there are already kids and their families swimming and comfortably relaxing next to it.

"They're pretty, aren't they?" Chul asked. "The kids." 

Yeonjoo smiles. "Always." 

"Do you want one?"

She notes the tension and curiousity in his voice, he sounds somewhat just curious and nothing else but she still couldn't work out whether he asks because he wants one or because he doesn't want one just yet. She hopes it's actually the latter. True, it sounds selfish even to herself but all she could think about right now is to finish her residency, she wants to finish things off clean and proper with crazy dog, perhaps she wants to show him that she could tolerate all those torments he gave her. 

"Yes but not now, Chul." She said. "I want to finish my residency first." 

Chul nods and he says nothing after that. She waits but there is nothing and Yeonjoo is scares to actually look at him but when she does, there isn't exactly any expression on his face. If it's one thing, it's probably Chul's expression that she finds the hardest to read even after all these times especially if he means to hide it, then there'll be no way to find out what he's trying to process. After a few seconds, he leaves to the bathroom and Yeonjoo prays that he isn't upset by that. Of course she wants one with Chul, why wouldn't she but it seems rather rushed if they have one right now. Or probably because she sorts of wants to enjoy living with just Chul for a little more before they focus entirely on another little someone. 

Throughout their whole walk along the beach later that morning, Yeonjoo couldn't focus on the view she finds amazing. Her attention is, however, on the man beside her who grew quite quiet after their little talk. Is he really mad? Why did she actually have to say that right in front of him? 

"Why do you keep on stealing a glance at me like that?" Chul laughs a little, he turns to look at Yeonjoo who looks rather flustered at the sudden question. 

"I was just wondering," She looks away, staring into nothing ahead of her. "If you were mad at me..." 

Chul laughs, this time, it was the kind of laugh she wishes to hear right now and then. "Why would I be mad at you?" 

"About earlier, the kids-" 

He pulls her closer by her waist and Yeonjoo gasps a little in surprise. Seriously, even after all these years, she still couldn't expect what he's going to do but it feels good to know that at least he's talking just fine and wasn't mad about earlier. 

"You can take your time at that, I'll always be ready whenever you are."

"Are you sure?" Yeonjoo frowns softly, afraid that she might have hurts him in some ways again, that'd be the very least thing she wanted to do right now.

In a teasing smile, he said, "As sure as you are." 

Yeonjoo seems to catch what Chul was trying to deliver through that so she scrunches her face in embarrassment and gives him a soft punch. Chul laughs, it's light. Everything seems to be light, nice and running smoothly. The things she has always wanted to do with this man beside her, the normal thing she wishes to do like every other couples rather than breaking away from jails, fighting for a way to survive so they could be together and fighting to live when they're on the edge of death.

Looking back at that, their story does sounds rather harsh. Everyone else had it a lot easier than they do but glancing softly over this husband of hers, walking right beside her, his face isn't burrow into that kind of frown that she hates to see, everything seems to be quite alright. All the sufferring was for good and Yeonjoo couldn't be  more thankful that they're still given a chance to make things work between them.

"Chul, do you miss being there?" 

He looks at her. For a few seconds, he stays quite silent. "I do, I mean, sometimes I wonder how Doyoon hyung is doing and how Sohee is coping with her new life."

"He's doing fine." Yeonjoo said. 

"I'm glad then- Wait, what?" Chul frowns.

The said man turns to Yeonjoo almost immediately, but she seems to be a bit out of it. Actually, she seems like she has just saw something she shouldn't have. Chul doesn't know why he feels nervous and he couldn't work out just how many thoughts are running through his mind right now.

Did she get pull into the comic world again?

Is it starting all over again?

Will they have to go through another severe suffering just for their happy ending again?

But he's happy, too happy for words right now. He doesn't want anything else, even if it's just a day, Chul wants to be happy peacefully with Yeonjoo. He had enough of whatever they went through, he had enough that Yeonjoo had to risk her life in the process. 

However, Yeonjoo's eyes gently glanced over the direction in front of her. Chul, hesitatingly but eventually brings himself to turns to her direction. He squints his eyes and for a moment there, his head spins. He couldn't believe the sight in front of him. His lip seals closed and he couldn't bring himself to utter a word, his tongue feels numb. He already hates whatever this might leads into.   

"Doyoon hyung."