No hope

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Wooyoung opened his eyes, he found himself in a dark and narrow room. His eyes adjusted to the darkness and he saw that he was in a room with eerie decorations, like skeletions and what seemed like dying flowers. He wandered down the corridor aimlessly, wondering what in the world he had gotten himself into.

"What's happening? Am I... am I dead?" Wooyoung shivered at the thought of it. Before he had time to think any further, he heard creepy noises: those that were heard frequently in horror movies. Then he heard someone groaning.

“Arghhhh... Wooyoung… Woo… Young….” He turned to the direction of the voice, only to see a dark figure limping towards him with its head down. He watched it come closer to him in horror, backing away slowly. He banged into a wall shortly after and ran into a corridor, wanting nothing more but to get out of here. Little did he know that there was another figure at the end of the corridor, waiting for him. He was shocked to see that the head had turned 360 degrees, before dropping off and rolling on the floor, landing at Wooyoung’s feet.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Wooyoung screamed like a school girl and ran down the corridor, away from the figures. A female figure then appeared in front of him suddenly, red liquid trickling down her forehead. She had a eerie smile, revealing vampire teeth.

Wooyoung screamed again and desperately pushed in all directions, trying to find a way out. To his surprise and utmost relief, a wall gave in and Wooyoung landed on the floor, leaving the darkness behind him and cutting his elbow in the process.

“Ouch, that really hurts…” Wooyoung was too occupied in rubbing his arm to notice Yoona and Junho, who were now looking at him like he was crazy.

“What were you doing, screaming like a little girl?” Junho stared at Wooyoung, with a hint of a smirk on his face.

“Huh?” Upon seeing a younger Junho and Yoona in their high school uniforms, Wooyoung was too shocked to speak. He stared at them for a long time before looking down at his own clothes, realising that he was also in his high school uniform. 

Taecyeon, dressed in a scary Halloween costume, suddenly appeared beside him and gave him a nudge. “You were the one who made this haunted house anyway! You were acting too freaked out!”

Wooyoung pinched his cheeks to confirm that he was not dreaming. ‘Wow Minjun hyung really wasn’t lying.  I am really back in the past! How is this even possible?’  Wooyoung thought to himself.

“You weren’t doing work right? How could you always laze around like that when others are working hard?” A younger Taeyeon, also in her high school uniform, walked in the room and reprimanded Wooyoung. Wooyoung recalled that she was the class president at that time, a very responsible one too. He smiled at the thought of all the memories he had with Taeyeon during high school.

“Taecyeon wasn’t doing it too! He was scaring me.” Wooyoung whined and pointed to Taecyeon.

"I was not!" Taecyeon stuck out his tongue and ran back into the haunted house.

"You guys are so childish! Youngie, get back to work, the school festival is only in a few days time!” Taeyeon continued reprimanding, but with a hint of a smile on her lips.

The whole school was bustling with people preparing for the annual school festival held in late April. It was a hot summer's day and everyone was fanning themselves to cool down. However, the weather did not affect the atmosphere as everyone carried on with their preparations while chatting happily.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Wooyoung sat alone at his desk, thinking of what to do next. He unexpectedly picked up a notebook, to see many scribbles and messages on it. He smiled at the messages and drawings that were scribbled during boring lessons to while time away. ‘Ah… this brings back so many memories. Where in the world is this book now anyway?’ Wooyoung thought hard before Taeyeon snatched the notebook away.

“Youngie, you’ve been using this since forever!” Taeyeon for being sentimental and not bearing to buy a new one.

“Well, it’s still good as new! No need for a new one!” Wooyoung snatched it away before sticking out his tongue at her.

Taecyeon was playing with the broom and acting funny as usual, “Look at me, I’m going to play Quidditch! I’m going to be a great and famous seeker, like Harry Potter!”

“And Yoona, you will be my Ginny! And we can live happily ever after~!” Taecyeon sang shamelessly, while Yoona cringed and stared at him.

“Ehehe yeah, in your dreams!” Yoona flicked his forehead and got up.

“Ouch! Yoona, are you angry with me?” Taecyeon whined and followed her on his broom, only to be stopped by their Physical Education teacher, Mr. Kwon.

“OK TAECYEON!” Mr. Kwon’s loud voice made Taecyeon cower and back off. “If you keep fooling around like this, things will never get done! Go back to work now!”

“Yes sir.” Taecyeon obediently agreed and rushed out of the room, m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter