Chapter 20

❣ Soulmates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you, you’re going to drop it.” You said as you watched him carrying four glasses towards the kitchen sink. Baekhyun turned his head to you with squeezed eyes while you just shrugged your shoulders. But just like you had expected he settle the glasses down on the counter before carrying them two by two. You dropped your chin inside of your hand as you looked at his back, seeing how his muscles moved underneath the fabric of his sleeveless shirt. When he turned around he caught you stared at him and he smiled before walking over to him. You didn’t stop him as he turned your barstool to the left and made you face him. “You know, it’s no fun that you can see everything before it actually happens. There are some things I would actually want to see as they happen.” He said with his face only a few inches away from yours, his hands resting on the armrests of your chair so that he had locked you into your place. You smiled at him, but didn’t apologize for anything. You had learned how to live with your gift every since you had been demanded to remember everything from your past life. It was the only thing that you hadn’t been able to leave behind over the past few months. “So you wanted to stand here, cleaning up all the glass spread all over the kitchen floor instead of being with me?” You asked and giggled when he shot you a glare and shook his head. 

 

 

To your surprise he offered you his hand and when you took it because you had no idea what else to you, he pulled you off of your stool. A small puff came from your lips as you bounced against his chest but he caught you by wrapping his arms around your lower back and hugging you close to him. “You know that I love to be with you, above of anything. That is unless you’re still going to leave me to go see your parents this afternoon.” His voice was muted by your hair as he nuzzled his nose against the top of your head. With your finger you traced the vein inside of his neck, which didn’t make him flinch for even a second. “Of course I am. Now that I don’t live at home anymore the least I can do is go over a few times a week.” At the moment your past had been cleared out you had been going through a hard time. For one reason or another you hadn’t been able to accept everything you had done, even though you had done the one and only thing for you to make your life livable. You had taken care of yourself, like you had always done and the only way to do that had been by starting over. If you would have stayed with your real mother back then than it would have become your dead, and the little Elena had known that. Still you had been struggling to separate your old you from the person you had become and you had wanted to be away from everyone for a while. 

 

 

But no matter how hard you had tried you hadn’t been able to push Baekhyun away. He had been fighting himself through all the walls you had pulled up around himself, and he was still here today. A few weeks after your mental break down he had offered you to move in with him in a small apartment he had found a few blocks away from where you used to live. Back then you had though that you wouldn’t be able to handle it, another new thing. But right now you knew that it was the best decision you could have been able to make. This was the new start that you had needed in order to give everything a place and to accept that you were no longer Elena Cooper. That name was no longer the one that described who you were. In the beginning you had thought about wearing it again, but now you knew for sure that that wasn’t who you wanted to be. You were the girl who had been found at the age of eight, lost and confused and who had grown up with these two people who loved her no matter what. The only thing that still connected yo to your past was your capability to see the future, which was the reason why you had always had such a strong intuition when you hadn’t known who you were. And then of course there was Baekhyun, your soulmate, who proved that you weren’t just a normal person in a normal world. By now you knew that your mother had been a vampire, while your father had been a mortal. They had both died, but they had never come to look for you. Those men who had been haunting you and been hired to make you remember who you were and now that you did you had never heard from them again. 

 

 

“Is there way I can convince you to stay?” Baekhyun asked, his hot breath hitting against your forehead before he pressed his lips against your skin. It was unbelievable that after all this time you still felt so overwhelmed by everything he did to you, even the slightest touch was enough to make you go crazy. “No, there isn’t.” You said while you were no longer able to focus on anything else but the movements that his mouth seemed to make. You tried to hide your shaky breaths as he drew an invisible line from your cheek to your neck before he appeared in front of you again and held your face inside of his hands. The only thing you could do was stare back at him while thinking about what he was going to do next. You had the chance to look forward so that you knew what was going to happen, but just like he had said, sometimes you just want to see things as they happen. “Please, stay with me today. Let’s just take off our watches and turn off our phones and get lost in time. You don’t have to leave, we can just pretend as if the world fell apart and we didn’t hear anything.” His offer sounded so great, to just stay indoors and crawl back into bed just to be with him. Normally there was nothing that could stop you from doing that, but you had promised your parents that you would come over. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter