Drugged

White Lies and Dark Secrets

BANG!

Saeran pushed Saeyoung against the wall so hard that even he felt it. Who's the stronger one now? He thought, smiling smugly. He already knew the answer at the sight of Saeyoung struggling in his firm grip, perspiration all over his face. It was so satisfying watching the man in front of him suffer. The one he wanted dead this whole time, the chance was in his hands right now.

"S-Saeran! Stop!" Saeyoung stuttered, his eyes filled with tears and rejection. Saeran got even angrier at that.

"How pathetic. You're acting like the younger me, when I was weak and helpless and you said we could escape from that hell of a place. You lied! You abandoned me and left me with our ed up parents!" Saeran tightened his grip, teeth clenching.

"Please listen to me! They're the ones lying! I was going to come back for you..." 

"Liar!" Saeran slammed him again, Saeyoung feeling his bones cracking. The pressure in Saeran's grip was was torturing him, and he could see the bruises already forming. But this was nothing compared to the pain he felt when Saeran claimed he no longer trusted him, which was sure to leave a permanent scar.

Saeran moved his hands higher and higher from his shoulders to his neck. He wanted to have a little fun first before killing him, and grinned as he squeezed his hands around Saeyoung's neck, cutting off his oxygen flow.

"!" Saeyoung desperately tried to remove his hands, but they seemed to be glued there. His windpipe wasn't working properly, and Saeyoung decided right then that he would let his twin brother murder him if it would make him happy. He felt so bad that Saeran couldn't even look him in the eye anymore. If Saeran wanted revenge, let him have it. Let Saeyoung have the slow, painful death caused by a misunderstanding.

Almost there.

"I'm so sorry, Saeran..." 

Sorry is just a word. Sorry can't make up for leaving me without a trace with that abusive woman. Sorry doesn't mean anything.

"I-I never l-left you..."

Lies. Everything that comes out of your mouth is a big, filthy lie. 

"I really hoped we could e-escape that p-place together..."

Just one last squeeze.

Thump. 

Saeyoung's lifeless body falls to the ground, his face an unpretty shade of crimson. Finally, after all these years of suffering and grieving for him, he finally took away this traitor's life. For the first time ever, he felt... happy. Oh yes, he did feel like he was in paradise. Was this how happiness felt like? As if you had enough energy to swim across the ocean? Then he was indeed in good spirits.

Wait.

The savior.

Saeran's happiness disappeared almost as fast as it came. He didn't follow the savior's rules as told to, and instead did the complete opposite. He panicked, realizing the consequences he could possess if she found out. Quick as lightning, he picked up Saeyoung and looked around for possible hiding places. How could he dispose the body?

"Saeran..."

What the hell?

"Saeran..."

Didn't I just kill you?!

"Saeran..."

"SAERAN!!"

Huh?

Saeran bolted upright, his heart racing and his head a little dizzy. He looked around, eyeing the room he was in and realized it was his bedroom in Mint Eye. He breathed a sigh of relief when he registered it was just a dream, but darkened again when it meant he never killed that traitor. Oh well, He thought. It will happen eventually. 

He then noticed there was another figure in the room. He instantly recognized her, blonde hair perfect as always and green eyes soft yet fierce. At the sight of her, he thought his head started hurting a little more, but brushed it off. He might've just still been woozy from the dream and couldn't think straight. 

Was she here the whole time? 

Saeran tried to recall the events that happened the previous day, but he couldn't remember anything. Strange, considering he had the memory of a cat. He shrugged and bowed down to the savior like always. 

"Good morning, savior. Did you have a good rest?" He asked, ignoring the faint eye bags mostly covered with makeup. He noticed the way she was looking at him rather strangely. She seemed concered and hesitant about something, or someone. Now Saeran knew something happened the previous night, or the savior would've scolded him already for waking up late. But it stopped right away, and her face went stoic as usual.

She must be holding something back. 

"Oh, you're awake?" She asked, blinking. Saeran didn't know why she was surprised, she probably knew when he was going to wake up before he even did. So he just nodded, unsure of how to respond.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." She said, although her voice filled with disinterest said otherwise. "Breakfast is ready, so hurry up."

"Yes, savior." He obeyed, hurriedly gathering his attire for the day. Rika was pleased at his sudden boost of energy and decided he would be okay on his own. She gently closed the door and made her way to the kitchen down the hall, a mouth-watering aroma filling her nose.

There, the chefs were busy, cooking an assortment of meals that made even Rika drool. However, she wasn't there to eat. She was there to check up on Saeran's breakfast, hot and ready like the rest... With one small difference.

The chefs immediately notice her and stop whatever they're doing to greet her. 

"All hail the savior." They chorus.

Rika simply nods at them and heads over to the chef cooking Saeran's breakfast, a young man with bright, energetic eyes. He's always seemed quite terrified of Rika, a wave of panic always washed over his face whenver she approached him. Today was no different, his eyebrows were tightly knitted together and his hands were curled up in fists by his side.

"G-good morning, savior." He stutters, his cheeks sporting a light crimson. Rika ignores his greeting and looks over his shoulder and at the fresh plate of eggs, sausages, and pancakes. She frowns in disapproval.

"I told you to burn it more next time. Why is it so fresh?" She demands, a sollem look on her face. This chef was on the verge of being fired, he always made Saeran's meals too presentable. At Rika's criticism, the chef gulped and began to sweat. 

"M-my dearest a-apologizes, savior." He bows, blushing even harder. He couldn't help it; He felt bad for the poor boy that had to go through all of this misery and torment. The least he could do was cook him a proper meal, but the savior wouldn't let him get away with it. The chefs here only know a limited amount of information, they work at a cult called Mint Eye and they were required to cook three meals a day. But Saeran's chef needed to do something else - Put drugs in his dishes. 

For a while, he never knew why, but he was told to put all sorts of poison in the food he cooked. At first, he thought it was an absurd idea, but being broke he had no choice since they were offering very good pay, as long as he kept his mouth shut. He couldn't tell anyone about his job, it was strictly forbidden, and anyone who bent the rules was to be killed in a heartbeat.

But one day, he arrived at work early and accidentally overheard a conversation between the savior and a young man's voice.

"Stop it!"

"No. Stay still, or I'll kill you."

"N-no! Not again!"

"Just relax."

"Arrgh...!"

He was unfamilliar with the man's voice, and he was confused as to what the savior had to do with him. Normally, she just minded her own buisness and only spoke to those of higher significance, and he had no idea what some distressed man had to do with Mint Eye.

After breakfast on the same day, he stayed late to clean up the kitchen. After it was finally spotless, he packed up his belongings and headed down the hallway towards the exit. In the same room as last time, he could hear the savior's and the man's voice again.

"Here's your breakfast. Eat up."

"Thank you, savior."

...

THUD!

"Good. The drugs worked."

Putting two and two together, the chef realized what he had been doing this whole time. He wasn't just cooking anymore, he was slowly killing somebody. Ever since that incident happened, he wasn't able to look at his job the same way ever again. Of course he felt horrible doing this to an innocent young man, but he had to make a living somehow. It was his life or the man's... And he decided to be selfish.

"Well, why are you spacing out? Fix this!" Rika exclaims, pointing at the perfect meal the chef had cooked. And in a harsh whisper, she added, "The burnt taste covers up the drugs, you know that right? If you can't do your job properly, you won't be able to breathe properly either." 

The chef felt a chill go down his spine as he felt her hot breaths in his ear and shuddered. Oh hell no, He thought, instantly getting back to cooking. I'm not dying today because of one mishap at work.

He fried the bacon until it was black.

 

A few minutes later, Rika knocked on Saeran's bedroom door, a serving of burnt food in her hand.

"Come in!" A voice announced.

She opened the door to see a beaming Saeran fixing his bleached hair. His small, squeaky bed had been made and his earlier indignant expression had been replaced with a pleasant smile. 

"Savior!"

Rika didn't let the innocent look fool her though, he was only like this for a little while before the drugs began to wear off and he went insane. She stood with her hands on her hips and put the platter of food on his desk.

"Why didn't you come for breakfast?" 

Saeran stirred, but maintained a calm and collected posture. "I'm sorry savior, I was just cleaning up a bit. I thought this place needed some purification, you know?"

Rika frowned. There was no difference than when she last stepped in the room, with the exception of the bed. She presented the plate to Saeran, who accepted it happily. He didn't even know what was good food anymore, he would eat anything - For him, the extremely burnt food was a fresh meal.

"Thank you, savior!" He said before stuffing his cheeks with the charred food. That happiness didn't last for long though, as a few seconds later, he turned pale and fainted.

Rika grinned. The chef was able to keep his position after all.

On the other side of the door, a man pulled his ear away from the door, shocked for the second time. He did it again, he drugged someone with a - supposedly harmless - meal. He was sick to his stomach. Never in his life did he think he would drug someone, let alone work in such a threatening career. In fact, he was in such disbelief that his notebook slipped out of his trembling hands and fell, making a rustling sound. Without thinking, he ran (completely forgetting his notebook) out of the building, petrified of getting caught. 

However, Rika with her sharp hearing picked up the noise and looked out the door, but she saw nothing other than a lone notebook. 

She picked it up and read the back.

Confidential Property of Yoosung Kim

-------------------------------------------------

a/n: PLOOOOTTT TWISSTT :D

at first, i wasn't really feeling it for this chapter, but after saeran's dream i had a sudden boost of inspiration and i wrote the rest of the chapter in two days XD

im rlly sorry my update is so late, i did say they would be pretty slow but i didn't mean this slow ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

go check out my fanfic with with my best friend called Secretly Lovers, I'm the co author and I correct things XD

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, despite it being so late :)

see y'all next chapter (which will be in a year, lol jkjk), and don't forget to subscribe, comment and vote ^^