Prologue

White Lies and Dark Secrets

I wanted to bring everyone to a peaceful land, where there was nothing to worry about and brought eternal happiness. 

To forget about the pain, and just live life contently.

No one was in your way, you weren't in theirs.. 

... A paradise where there was no such thing as stress. 

I'll start an organization and call it Magenta or Mint Eye, partly named after my spouse. We'll look for a place where that'll erase all your bad memories and make good ones. We could end the suffering of thousands, millions, and bring them where there was nothing but pure bliss. 

Meet the people who will love you forever.
Attend the endless party.

Don't you ever want to escape from this filthy world?
This is an invitation to paradise.

Are you suffering from your past?
We will help the pain go away.

A world filled with pleasure...
A world filled with truth...
A world with no tears...
A world with no rejections...

Accept the angel's invitation.

Magenta,
Where everyone is happy...

 

"!" 

Saeran grips his messy, white locks in frustration. He punches one of the screens that revealed an image of a man in his early twenties kissing a girl around the same age. Just looking at it made him so agitated he wanted to destory all the computers in the room, which could be easily done with his gun, but Rika wouldn't be too happy seeing shattered glass all over the floor. 

Instead, he yells out more curse words much more offensive than '' and slunks back in his computer chair. At this point, Rika has heard all the commotion and burst in the room, demanding to know what's going on. She's dressed in that long dress printed with designs of hers, reminding everyone about her high status in Mint Eye. Her long blonde curls are loose but tidy, and her emerald eyes have a dull, empty look to them as always. She looks displeased and somewhat annoyed at the young male, which is probably the case considering all the noise he was making.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, savior." He said, bowing 90 degrees in respect to his boss. She smiles, satisfied with his apology. 

"Good boy." She says, ruffling his hair. Despite hating people touch him, he didn't react when Rika did. It was like his brain refused for him to resist, like some kind of force was keeping him from pulling out his gun and shooting her square in the chest. He shrugged it off and faked a smile.

"Now, would you like to tell me what's the problem?" 

Saeran's eyes darkened again and he pointed at one of the many screens monitoring the couple, his hands clenched in fists. Just looking at it disgusted him so much he wanted to puke. His hatred for the man was so prodigious it was unhealthy, and he sure as hell didn't deserve someone that good. It's not that he liked the girl, in fact, he would kill her without hesitation if he was ordered to, but she was different from other women. He wondered what she saw in that . 

Rika's eyes follow his finger and to the screen. She blinks twice and then smiles. "Oh, I see. You must be pretty mad, huh?" 

No, mad was an understatement. Saeran was furious. His passion to murder the man burned deeper than the big fireplace crackling with life on the side of the room. He expressed this strongly to Rika, expecting her to grant him permission to kill the man, only to earn another smile from her. 

"Now, we can't do that can we Saeran? That'll land you a cell in prison." She says, laughing.

He was a bit annoyed that she was treating him like a child, despite the latter only being two years older. He felt rage surge through his body and pounced on her, but she reacted quickly with her fast reflexes and held his wrists. 

"Saeran," She said sternly, looking him dead in the eye. "What's the first rule in the Official Handbook of Mint Eye?" 

He looks down, guilty of his actions. "Never turn against the savior..." 

"Right." She says, releasing her grip on his wrists. She wipes her hands on her dress like she touched something dirty and it irritates Saeran. How dare she treat him like he was a worthless piece of trash! He clenches his teeth, trying to resist his anger. But what made him even more enraged was how she prevented him from getting revenge on the man. Why didn't she understand? He abandoned him. The man, his own blood-related brother abandoned him and left him alone, at a time where he depended on him the most. 

"But savior, he left me right? I have to kill him and teach him a lesson! If you just let me do that, I'll be satisfied!" He complained, daring to talk back.

She glares at him and her eyes seem to contrast in color, turning fiery red for a split second. Being stronger than she looks, she harshly shoves him.

"Do you think I care if you're satisfied? I could care less about you! You're useless to me, you know that? You serve no purpose to me, and it's ironic that I'm just using you for your brother, the one you've been seeking revenge on this whole time." Her eyes seem to sparkle at the thought. "He's intelligent and exceptional at hacking, unlike you. Why didn't you pick up any of his skills? You're such a loser!" She shoves him again and he stumbles back. At this point, she lets out a great hearty laugh. But it's not like her usual cheery laughs, it's a wicked one, and the younger male discovers a new hatred for the woman in front of him. 

All of her words feel like a stab in the chest for Saeran, who's eyes were wide and swimming with tears. His head is pounding and it feels like someone ripped his heart out. I'm useless, he thinks, taking in what she said. I'm just here because... Of my brother. 

My brother. 

My brother got me into this mess.

Although she's covering it well, Rika looks as if she said too much. She clears and the corners of her lips curve upwards again.

"Well then, I've said too much now, have I?" She chuckles. 

Then Saeran loses it. He throws a tantrum, not caring how childish he looked, screaming and trying to kick Rika. She wasn't trying to help him at all. She was just using him this whole time for his ing brother. That fact greatly enrages Saeran and he goes full-on pyscho, breaking everything he can. Rika just calmly steps back, looking mildly amused as his face turns as red as the ends of his hair and his veins pop out. She's a little irked now as he breaks a computer, one of the more expensive equipment around the cult. She snaps her fingers and some men dressed in all white appear, carrying a bunch of medical equipment. They grab Saeran's hand and he tries to jerk it away, tears now falling down like his hopes and dreams. "No! Not again! Stop, let go!" He cries, but it's too late. The last thing he sees before the needle enters his arm and he blacks out is the blonde woman's face, peering over him with a smirk on her face. 

"Forget everything you heard. It's not important. Time for your bedtime, boy..." 

I will find him and I will finish him, if it's the last thing I do. 

You have my word, Seven Zero Seven. 

 

---------------------------------------------------

a/n: hello. 

yes, i know this prologue is super short. but... i'm happy with it so it's all good ^^

i don't really know where i'm going with this so it might just turn into bs, but i'll try my best to prevent that from happening.

NO SPOILERS ABOUT SEVEN OR JAEHEE'S ROUTE PLEASE, I DIDN'T DO THEM YET. ;; I KNOW, THROW BRICKS AT ME.

the invitation to mint eye isn't mine, it's the actual one in mystic messenger. creds to cheritz. XD 

have a good day, reader :)

word count: 1.3k
characters: 6k