second

What U Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cool wind breezes into the cabin, making Yifan shiver and pull the blanket higher to his chin before reaching to where his sleep-clogged mind knows Yixing should be. His hand meets the soft mattress, still warm but the lack of a slim figure to pull towards him prompts him to open his eyes. The sliding door is open which explains the cool wind that touches his cheek, the curtains billow with the movement of the breeze. Outside he can see a silhouette outlined by the light of the rising sun and a smile breaks on his face just by seeing it. Reaching for his phone he sees that it's only quarter to six and even though his body tells him to stay in bed and rest some more, he pushes the blanket down and sits up to leave the bed.

"You're awake." He breaths his words to the skin of Yixing's neck, feeling the younger tremble when he pulls the slender body towards his chest.

"Yeah," the younger hums and settles into his boyfriend's hold, "in time for sunrise."

Yifan lifts his gaze to where the sun is rising on the horizon, bright yellow surrounded by the orange skies. He hums upon seeing the big star, closing his eyes after a while before taking the smaller male's scent in. Once more he whispers against the other's skin, internally cheering when he hears a small moan escape Yixing's lips, "Why are you up so early though? I didn't hear an alarm either."

Certain that he has reined his body to stop from shivering every time he feels puffs of hot air breathed to his sensitive skin, Yixing answers, "I think I just got used to waking up the same time as you do."

The taller male instinctively tightens his embrace, remembering skype calls where he'd always tease his boyfriend's bed hair or the trail of drool that has dried on the corner of his lips down to his chin. There was really no mean to hurt then, hoping his words were fond enough to make the other feel just how much he wanted to bury his fingers in the soft curly strands while he takes in Yixing's scent and kissing his forehead much like what he is doing now. Yifan pulls the younger closer until no space separates them, buries his nose in the unruly bedhead, catches the pomegranate scent before pressing a kiss to the crown of the shorter male's head.

They share no words afterwards, quietly snuggling each other as they watch the sun gradually trek up the sky, warming the air around them. They use the opportunity to take enough photos of the sunrise and of their sleepy faces. Even with the considerate rise in temperature, Yifan still urges the smaller one to come in so they can shower, have breakfast and prepare to disembark.

 

After trying not to do anything frisky in the shower – deciding that sharing it would both save water and time – and munching down enough food to fuel them for a full day, the couple disembark in the small and quiet island of Niijima. Some of the passengers of the ship climb down the stairs with them, some bringing surf boards and camping materials, their footsteps accompanied by quiet chatter of their plans for the day.

"I've never been here." Yixing comments once they set foot on land, the mountains that set the backdrop for the island rising high and the sound of the waves constantly crashing to the shore tell the shorter male that he will have a hard time leaving once the time comes.

"I know." Yifan smiles as he tugs on the smaller male's hand to where cabs are waiting for tourists. "Lu Han suggested the place."

"I'm sure he would," the younger hums, "I think he comes here every two weeks to surf with his friends."

"And you always turn down his offer to go with them." The grunt Yixing lets out makes the elder chuckle before the smaller male changes to speak from Chinese to Japanese, asking the driver to take them to a spa lodge where Yifan has made reservations for them.

The couple can't keep their eyes away from the window as deep blues and lush greens stretch to their sides, the best of both worlds as they take the short ride to their inn. Their pinky fingers never let go of the others as they point to certain spots they see from their ride, even when Yixing leans forward to converse with their driver about what best to do in the island that they can weave with what Yifan already has planned.

Once they reach the lodge, Yixing is instantly drawn to the shiba inu waiting with the owner of the place, barking in greeting when he sees them. He coos and makes friend with the pet while his boyfriend talks to the owner about their reservation.

"Oh, looks like those Japanese words I hammered into you are being put to use now." Yixing comments when he walks into the traditional house turned inn, still petting the dog that seems to now be stuck to his side.

Yifan huffs in response while one of the receptionists confirms their reservation, bending down to rub the shiba inu's head, "Let's see if the nails have kept them in place."

Apparently, the nails have gone rusty and unable to keep the words in place as Yixing has to step up and talk to the young lady further about their arrangements, asking the middle-aged lady about where they can rent bikes and surfboards. The owner is more than happy to aid them with their touristy needs, talking with the shorter male in a comfortable manner – even complimenting his command of the Japanese language – while she helps to guide them to their room. She points out where the onsen is and tells them about the time for breakfast and dinner. Lastly, she gives them a pair of yukatas they can use for the night before finally leaving them to their privacy.

They quickly move so as not to lose time in the island, taking out a backpack that Yifan brought with him so they can carry their wet suits, a fresh change of clothes and important items like their camera, wallets and smartphones. The two are in and out, each petting the shiba inu before leaving to walk to the bike rental shop the owner directed them to earlier.

There are a few places that the elder had planned for them to visit but when they finally there and ready to set out, they decide to scratch the original plan and have only three certain goals by sunset seeing as they only have eleven hours to enjoy the island in the day. They share the same sentiments and conclude that it's best to just bike around the island and stop only in certain attractions. Their second goal is to surf before sunset at Habushiura beach. The last goal is to spend a leisurely evening at the onsen.

Once they have acquired bikes, they start their day travel down south first, following the cemented roads where it will take them, conversing while pedaling without hurry. From afar they see a building, the structure standing out of the greens even from the spa lodge.

The glass art center seems to have a few tourists as a few vans are parked outside the building. They alight their bicycles, leaving them by the entrance where other two-wheeled vehicles are parked. They peek into the center where a few experts are imparting to tourists their art. Instead of joining the group and creating their own glass art to bring home, the two move to the museum. Inside they see different installments and exhibits of gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter