first

What U Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Xing-chan!" Yixing straightens up from where he's been typing in front of his laptop for what feels like hours already. When he turns around, he isn't even surprised to see one of his seniors, the man who is six years older than him but acts like he's just six years old instead. The elder reminds him greatly of a character from one of the animes he's recently finished watching, even his hair looks like Oikawa's.

It's the real-life Oikawa, he thinks.


Months before he would have thought that he'll have troubles weaving himself into the camaraderie already built within that office, in the small space in that big company, worrying whether his Japanese would be good enough despite years of studying and passing the JLPT even though he was aware beforehand that English will be the more commonly used language in their department. But here he is, his female co-workers and seniors fond of him and his same-age male colleagues always inviting him to goukons which he more often than not politely declines.

"Konoda-san," the younger says as embarrassment paints his cheeks, "please stop calling me that already."

"O~kay!" Konoda signs to him with his thumb and pointer finger creating a circle, smiling like a high-schooler. "Ah, right!" The elder changes his expression, placing a finger on his chin when he remembers something. "Someone is actually looking for you downstairs. He speaks English really well," his senior starts describing the person who came to see Yixing, lifting one finger for every description, "he's tall, deep voice, sharp eyebrows–" Konoda stops when the intern abruptly stands up from his chair, head turning to where the clock is to see that it is already ten minutes past seven. His senior gives him a warm smile, hiding his hands in his pockets as he leans against the door frame.

"Get out of here already."

Yixing heeds the elder's instructions, shoving his notebook into his laptop bag and other materials he might need. He greets his colleagues goodbye and stops by the door where his senior is.

"Celebrate your birthday well, Xing-chan." Konoda's eyes form crescents and if he didn't have to rush out and meet he person he thinks is there for him, he would have asked the elder to stop with the embarrassing nickname once more.

"I will!" Yixing grins wide. "Thank you Konoda-san!" Then he's out of the door and down the hall to where the elevators are, punching the down button one too many times in hopes of making it arrive faster. Thankfully he only had to wait for a few seconds and soon he is waltzing to the lobby, eyes searching the face he wishes to see so badly.

"Yixing!" He hears his name from behind and when he turns he sees a gummy smile, the one he misses the most. When he looks up to meet the warm brown eyes, he can feel his cheeks hurting from how wide his smile is. His vision starts becoming blurry and in the watery view he can see Yifan walking up to him. Soon he feels himself wrapped in strong arms, his face pushed towards a firm chest. He almost drops his laptop case when he lifts his arms to keep himself plastered against the taller male.

"Yifan, you're here." Yixing finds himself repeating the words over and over while he feels his boyfriend's large hand caress his back.

"Yes, yes, I'm here." Yifan breathes hot into the younger's scalp, "I'm here, Yixing." If they were at home, the shorter male would have melted in his beloved's arms but the loud conversations around them reminds him that they are still outside. A huge part of him wants to do nothing but pull the taller one down by the collar of his shirt and just kiss him but they are still out in public and he doubts he will not get strange looks from the people surrounding them if he acts out his wish. Against his wants, the brunet pulls away from his boyfriend and drags him out of his office building, standing to the side.

Once outside, Yixing stares in awe at his boyfriend's figure, very real in front of him. Shaking his head after seeing the amused smile on the taller male's lips, he starts asking why Yifan is there in Tokyo, not in Shanghai where his work is but no matter how much he tries to string words in his brain only one-word questions come out of his mouth.

"How? Wha–Why?"

The taller male chuckles and pinches the brunet's cheek, effectively making the other stop. Yixing just looks at him, still in disbelief that Yifan is there when he is sure he just facetimed his boyfriend that morning before he went to work.

"How, I flew here lunchtime then I went straight to your flat to pack some of your clothes." The elder lifts the duffel bag on his left hand, large enough to carry both of their belongings for a possible overnight trip. "Why, well, because it's your birthday." Yifan shrugs, eyes twinkling when he leans down to bump their foreheads lightly.

There is understanding in the younger's eyes but worry fills them once more, "But what about work?"

"You have your birthday leave and I filed for a leave for today and tomorrow. You already know I have the weekends off." Yifan's lips stretch wide, not pointing out how obvious the answer is to his boyfriend's query.

"Ah, wait," Yixing reaches for the elder's wrist when the taller male starts dragging him towards the direction of the train station, "Lu Han said he had something plan–" The knowing smile on Yifan's lips makes the younger halt, the puzzle pieces falling into place when he was wondering why his best friend volunteered to take care of what they will do for his birthday, the elder arguing that he has been in Japan for two years so he should know how to celebrate Yixing's birthday. "You," the shorter male breathes out, Yifan just smiles cheekily in response before dragging the younger towards the train station again.

Once they are already seated, luckily catching a fairly empty carriage, Yixing turns to Yifan who has yet to let go of his hand.

"Where are we going?" The younger asks, having been dragged into the train without knowing of their destination, forgetting to inquire about it due to his amazement by Yifan's presence beside him.

The elder reaches into his pocket to produce his smartphone, unlocking it then tapping his Notes app. 

"Takeshiba Pier," he answers after finding what he is looking for.

"The pier?" Yixing's eyebrows meet in the middle, confused, "And then after?"

"That's a secret." Yifan smiles, boyish, like when he and Yixing first met in Lu Han's birthday party, three years before. The younger felt a certain pull towards the taller male at that specific moment which the then-blond male will later tell him he also felt. He starts having the same feelings once more when he sees the way his boyfriend's cheeks curve around his cheekbones, mirth playing in his eyes.

Yixing musters up enough strength to push the feeling to the side, else he might walk into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter