The One

Scent Marking
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe, Luhan has reached that age. The time he is tired of being alone, being left out with his Alpha friends, who have family of their own. When jealousy rears its head, it’s never pretty. Luhan is starting to get jealous of his friends. He feels inadequate and insecure, and worse, it is straining him. Four of his best friends had babies this year, another is due like, any minute, and Luhan just video chatted with his other best friend, showing his new born babies.

 

Before, living life as a single forever may sound appealing for him, but at some point, all of the sudden, he loves the idea of tying a knot to his future mate that will complete him.

 

He wants more out of life than just working, partying, and ing an unattached Omega or Beta. He had partied and had fun more than enough, almost until those one night stands and meaningless flings make no sense to him anymore. At this point, his mind’s telling him that he had changed, and he want someone to share his life with, and not just flirtation in bed for a night.

 

Luhan desires to have a family of his own, to have babies that he can show to his other best friends, who he can take care of, to protect, love, and proud to. He wishes for a family. He is yearning to be committed. He can’t believe it himself but there he is. He is imagining a family of his own.

 

And finally after debating with himself, he decides to take steps to make it happen. To look for his Omega. For his future love.

 

The following day, Luhan had made the appointment at the Om-ega facility. This is one of the famous and reliable facilities near high class district where Alphas like Luhan or other betas come when they are searching for a perfect mate for them.

 

All the Omegas in the facility are well trained to serve their Alphas or Betas, most of them are s and waiting to be mated. They are all good looking as well. They are dynamic perfectly capable of carrying babies. They are clean and healthy. All of them got quarterly laboratory check-ups just in case the Alphas want to breed or impregnate them during their heat, and for the betterment of those Alphas who have the money to get them out the facility as they find them as their perfect mate.

 

The Omegas in the facility are treated fairly. Though they are not allowed to complain, but they are allowed to reject if they sense danger from their prospected Alpha. As years go by, if the Omegas feel leaving the facility, they are allowed to leave the place since they are not kept isolated for most of their life.

 

Luhan is incredibly nervous; sweating bullets actually when he had arrived at the facility. He is anxious and worried of the possibility. He is thinking negative. What if they don’t have the right one for him? What if he doesn't find his mate here? What if...?

 

Sure Luhan is rich, gorgeous, and hot as . But still, he is nervous. He personally feels nervous because he is not quite sure what to expect and if he'll succeed.

 

Breathing deeply, he goes straight to the front desk and gives his name. An attractive Beta in a white coat comes right out and leads him to the office.

 

Inside the office, the Beta hands out a piled of documents to Luhan. There are lots of paperwork’s to be filled out. Then the Beta whose name is Mr. Byun Baekhyun explains every detail of the documents in front of Luhan.

 

Rules. There are tons of rules that are needed to be followed. First, the chosen Omega will start to live at the Alpha's home after signing contracts. Second, the Alpha is not allowed to return the Omega for no unreliable reasons. Third, if the Omega gets pregnant, the Alpha needs to take care of the Omega financially, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Fourth, if the Omega does something wrong against the rules, the Alpha is allowed to complain against the facility. Fifth, as much as possible love the Omega. Sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth... And Luhan continues to read the contract. And so far, Luhan agrees with the rules written in the papers.

 

Schedules. One of the very basic rules Luhan had read under schedules is that, every now and then, if the Alpha has found a perfect Omega for him, he is advised to report the condition of the Omega before and after the heat once a week.

 

Treatments. After reading the last page of treatments, Luhan agrees on everything it says, on how the Alpha should treat the Omegas they picked. He slightly grins at the last part though which says, the Alphas are allowed to make love anytime to their Omegas.

 

“I agree to all of these rules,” Luhan says, “Should I sign in already?”

 

“Not yet, Mr. Lu. You need to pick your chosen Omega first and decide whether to keep him forever or not.” Mr. Byun smiles.

 

Luhan raises one of his eye brows. “Or not?”

 

Mr. Byun clears his throat. “What I mean is that, whether you wanted to keep the Omega forever or you just wanted the Omega to bear your babies. The facility can give you two options. The first option is… if you choose to keep the Omega forever, then we will assure you, you can have the Omega right after you signed the contract for marriage. But if you choose the second option which is to use the Omega's body to have babies, then we will sign a different contract for that.”

 

“I see.”

 

“So, are we clearer now, Mr. Lu?”

 

“Yeah sort of, but I still have some questions.” Luhan is contemplating now. So, he is allowed to impregnate the Omega and have babies without marriage. “How many months will I have to stay with the Omega if I choose the second option?” He asks.

 

“Ten months or more. Since the Omega will be staying at your place during the heat week and pregnancy period. This will help create an immediate bonding between the Alpha and the Omega. We don't know you might become a 'thing'.”

 

Luhan nods. Ten months or more. “What if we might not become a 'thing'? Is it all fine to bring back the Omega here? And the babies... Can I get them without the Omega's objection?”

 

“Yes, Mr. Lu. Our Omegas know their position in every contract the Alphas has signed for them. They are aware of the breeding and impregnating rules, and being an Omega in the facility specifically. They have been taught that this facility also helps Alpha to possess their own babies by using their body and they know that after giving birth they will never get to see the babies again.”

 

“But what if the Omega will not get pregnant?” Luhan asks curiously.

 

“If the Omega doesn't have a good chance of getting pregnant after three months full cycle heat, then you need to return the Omega to us.”

 

“Well, Okay,” Luhan nods, “Looks like I am going to choose the second option you had said.” The impregnation thing looks appealing to Luhan. After all, having babies is still considered as having a family.

 

After an hour of explanation about impregnation, Luhan is now following Mr. Byun to take a view of the five Omegas they feel are most compatible to Luhan.

 

It takes three-minute walk before they reached the first room. The first room hold a panda-looking female who is addressed as Hyuna. Luhan shakes his head. Physically, Hyuna is y but he is not interested on Hyuna's face too shabby for him.

 

The second room hold a young man maybe at his twenties named Seungho. The second Omega is cute but he doesn't like his scent.

 

The third room is what Luhan had been looking for but maybe not that much, the Omega is pretty and y and has a nice sense of humour but her scent is not to his liking again.

 

When the fourth room door is opened, Luhan is welcomed by the sweet-smelling aroma, flowing inside the room. It smells like vanilla and pine trees. This scent attracts Luhan's attention and has him spinning his head. The scent is so aromatic. It is the scent of an Omega he wants to breed. It is so alluring and enticing. It makes him feel strange inside. It draws him more and the more he steps inside the room the more he is attracted by the scent.

 

Luhan almost runs towards the Omega when Mr. Byun holds his forearm. He calms down for a moment and just sniffs. He sniffs and sniffs and when the Omega turns to face him, there stood the most beautiful Omega Luhan has ever seen. He has messy brown hair that looks like he has just gotten out of bed and he got the deepest brown eyes ever. His eyebrows are perfectly fit with his almond shaped eyes. His lips are pretty red. And don't make Luhan describe his nose because his nose is so cute and his cheeks are so squishy. He is perfect. Yes he is the perfect mate for him.

 

“Mr. Lu, we just arrived at the fourth room.” Mr. Byun announces and he continues to introduce the Omega. “Mr. Lu, this is Kim Minseok. Minseok is twenty two years old and…”

 

Luhan interrupts Mr. Byun. “I want him. I want him to be my Omega. To be my mate.”

 

Luhan is pretty hot and handsome and on that moment, Minseok can smell the scent of an Alpha he is looking for, a pleasant aroma that gives him too much pleasure. Minseok blushes and shyly looks down on the floor. That blush is the single most adorable thing Luhan has ever seen in his entire life. He is sure he wants Minseok than anything else.

 

Mr. Byun smiles and continues his introduction about the said Omega. “Minseok is one of the most beautiful wolves in the facility and on his previous pack because of his all white fur and golden eyes when he transforms into a wolf.”

 

“I can tell.” Luhan is staring intently at Minseok. His vision never leaving at his possible mate.

 

An Alpha named Mr. Wu Yifan comes into the fourth room, whispering words to Baekhyun before he takes his exit. Looks like something is going on and Luhan is not happy with it. He can hear what Yifan is telling to Baekhyun.

 

After hearing the notification, Baekhyun becomes tense and uneasy. He is thinking how to take care of the unexpected circumstances. After deciding what to say, he clears his throat and faces Luhan. “As much as you are pleased with Mr. Kim Minseok to be your mate, Mr. Lu, we are terribly sorry but I just got information that Minseok is already reserved by another Alpha for the next few months. A well-known Alpha of our society is planning to breed and impregnate Minseok.”

 

Luhan's calm and radiant demeanor slowly changes and his face contorts in an all - consuming annoyance, an angry scowl as his nostrils flaring, his eyes flashing like he is going to kill a wolf, his mouth quivering, slurring words that are unintelligible, the words burning on his tongue as he screams at Mr. Byun.“Listen to me.” His first three words come spewing into space like a volcano releasing its pent up emotions to hell. “How much did that Alpha pay to you? I can double it. No I can triple it. Just give Minseok to me.”

 

Minseok bites his lower lip as he stares at Luhan. He likes Luhan, of all the Alphas who wants to breed him. Despite his wants to be Luhan's mate, he has no right to argue or comment from Mr. Byun's decision. He is just a mere Omega that should be willing to obey what the higher authority tells him. And even though he is allowed to reject an Alpha, the new prospect Alpha is too promising for him. No danger has been alerted.

 

“Calm down, Mr. Lu. We have lots of Omega in the facility for you to choose.” Mr. Byun stands stiff; he is really nervous as . He knows Luhan is rich and powerful and that Luhan belongs to a high class Alpha society. Scary Alpha is scary. “I am really sorry Mr. Lu, we made a mistake of introducing Minseok to you. Just please let's make our way out of this room to meet the other Omegas available. This way, Mr. Lu.” Mr. Byun is stretching his arms to guide Luhan on their way outside but Luhan is not interested in going out.

 

“How much? Name the prize.” Luhan's hands closes into fists and he crouches forward, daring Mr. Byun not to repeat once more the words that had torn his heart into fragments that had dashes all his expectations of having his future mate for forever.

 

“I'm really sorry, Mr. Lu, but Minseok is already reserved by someone for months already.”

 

Luhan frowns. “No, he isn't reserved by someone. He is mine.”

 

Mr. Byun apologizes and offers a new recommendation. “We can show you another batch of Omegas if you want to, Mr. Lu.”

 

Maybe before, Luhan has been thinking and doubting about tying the knot with others. He has probably have lots of different relationships over the years, but now his heart opens. He wants Minseok. He is sure he only wants Minseok. “I can only take Minseok with me. No one else.”

 

“I am sorry Mr. Lu but there are rules that are needed to be followed.”

 

Luhan's face is contorted in fury. His cheeks flushes and his eyes sparkle with ferocity. “What is mine is mine. Minseok is going to be my mate. If you don't want to lose this facility you better decide to make your first move and that is letting me have Minseok.”

 

The room has gone quiet. No one has dare to move or say something.

 

But when Luhan sees Minseok's despairing face, he can't help but to step forward, towards where Minseok is standing. Then as Luhan gets closer, Minseok's heart races especially when their bodies touch each other. Luhan's one hand around Minseok's waist, the other behind his nape. He hesitates for a moment, then he says, “Looks like I have to do this or else I am going to regret this for the rest of my life.”

 

Luhan admits he is importunate. He stares at Minseok for a while, before he finally presses his lips against Minseok. He is scent marking Minseok by kissing him.

 

Minseok doesn't resist and he even leans into the kiss and lays his hands on Luhan's hips, holding him close.

 

The kiss is gentle, but captivating, a mixture of sweet white wine and salty ocean water. And it is warm, as warm as coffee. The whole world opens up and Luhan falls inside. He doesn't mind about the other people watching them; he doesn't care because the only person who mattered is there with him. Mesmerized lips press together time after time with. Luhan Kisses Minseok until he forget how woe he is. He kisses Minseok. He kisses him and kisses him. He tries not to bite his lip. It is the kiss of an Alpha that had waited years for the moment to find his mate.

 

The kiss it is addicting and for the first time Minseok feels the urge to be claimed, by not forcing himself to open up. It is the best feeling, when Luhan is scent marking him; the rest of the world just disappears.

 

'I'm going to marry him' is the first thing Luhan think when he sees Minseok. And with all honesty, he feels taken aback by his own thoughts; he had never been the kind of Alpha who felt attracted to an Omega at first sight. But, he isn’t one to deny nature, either because right now he is kissing him. And it is a wonderful feeling to be close with Minseok.

 

Luhan makes a little distance from Minseok after the kiss. “That was amazing,” he says under his breath. He stares at Minseok for a second before he turns his head to look at Mr. Byun. “I will take a complete responsibility of my action, Mr. Byun.”

 

“Well, yes, of course, Mr. Lu.” Mr. Byun takes a deep breath. “I just witnessed how you scent marked our dearest Omega. Hmm. Let me check.” He shuffles papers and continues to say, “Minseok is due to go into heat in just seven days. This will work out well if you sign the documents today.”

 

“That's good to hear. My secretary will leave a blank cheque here. You can fill that with the amount of money you desire.”

 

Minseok smiles and hugs Luhan. “Thank you for choosing me.”

 

“The sound of your voice starts my heart pumping so not to mention how you smell so good. You make my body shiver in bliss, my breath is taken away. It's amazing how y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter