Prelude

Obsession


 "Kyulkyung, you've come home late again. Is everything alright?" Minkyung's voice dripped with motherly concern almost making the red head wince a bit with guilt. These were the times she hated how much her roommate cared for her wellbeing. She avoids eye contact or it will be too obvious what she's really been up to. The way her pupils are dilated and how her body is shaking is probably a dead giveaway. The way Minkyung’s gaze is fixated on her gives her a jolt of anxiety and paranoia. 
 
"I'm fine. We were together again and it was amazing... like always." She answers quietly. Her breathing has sped up exponentially and she’s double taking to make sure no one else is watching them in the room. Things are a bit hazy. She thought she would have adjusted to this feeling by now.
 
"I don't think I've seen you sleep in a few days though. Your boss even called me and said you haven’t been showing up to work.” Kyulkyung takes a seat at this point, too far from her interrogator. Her mind doesn’t seem to be in the conversation which is almost annoying Minkyung at this point. She tries to get closer but Kyulkyung almost looks threatened and quickly removes herself from the sofa. “She lives a dangerous lifestyle, I don't know why you're so interested."
 
"It bothered me at first, but I'm starting to like it.." The red head makes a beeline from her room, but is promptly stopped by the brunette blocking the way. She turns to find another way out, however before she can Minkyung grasps at her arm barring her path once more. Cool air hits her arm as she can feel the sleeve of her shirt being pulled up. She’s quick to try and stop it before the truth is out.
 
"Your arm..have you been shooting up too?" The needle mark is too obvious and you’d have to be really naïve not to know. She’s knows that Minkyung knows fine and well what she
 really does when she’s not at home. When her finger tips are tracing over muscular patches of skin on a tall tanned body. 
 
"..No." She lies anyways in an attempt to save grace. Minkyung’s expression reads that she is not buying it.
 
"This isn't love, this is obsession Kyulkyung. This relationship is unhealthy for both of you." Kyulkyung bites her lower lip with the shake of her head not wanting to admit it. She knows it’s not right, but the way it makes her feel is what drives her for more. 
 
"So? I've already crossed the line of being a fan and I'm not going back. It's not like Eunwoo can change her either." She tries leaving again this time, out the front door. That doesn’t work and she knows she isn’t getting out of this conversation now or ever. Minkyung points to the couch and she gives in this time. They both settle on the leather surface with silence filling the air. She feels a hand on her thigh and finally looks Minkyung in the eyes. She seems disappointed in what she finds. Kyulkyung feels a bit like a monster.
 
"Tell me what happened. You've changed." Kyulkyung sighs deeply and nods. 
 
"It all started when I got close and I was dying for more. The way her eyes change when she’s high is something that normal fans can’t see."