Tigerlily

Tigerlily

 

“Yeobo, can you take Gaho to the vet?” Jiyong asked in the middle of our conversation. I’m on my way home and he’s still stuck in YGE for a meeting.

“Why? Is he sick or something?” I asked. I love the dog. I’m a pet lover. As long as it’s not as scary and icky as snakes and alligators, I can take care of them. And as far as I can remember, I had numerous numbers of dogs, 2 cats, a goat, fishes, a turtle, several birds, a pink chick, a pair of hamsters, and a pig.

“Today is his appointment for his monthly check up. I thought I’d be done with YG stuff early, but a meeting came up.” He explain. “Can you please take him?”

“Okay. I’m nearly home. I’ll just call you again later after the session at the vet.” I told him.

“Alright. Thanks yeobo. I owe you. Love you.” He said before hanging up.

“Love you too…” I uttered even though he’s no longer on the other line.

+++++++++++++

We’ve been together for almost 3 years now. 2 and half years and almost half of being married. Amazingly, I was able to stand Jiyong’s very demanding schedule. Most of the special days of my life were missed by Jiyong and I had to spend them alone in our apartment. There are times when he would just catch up with the celebration, if there’s any. But I can understand that. That’s work. His first love.

“What’s missing?” I asked as we were on the way to the counter. We’re having the late night grocery.

“None, I think.” Jiyong stated as he eyed our cart. “Oh! I know!  Gaho’s dog food?”

“It’s at the bottom compartment of the cart. We already got one for him.” I replied and pushed the cart.

“Are you sure it’s the one that we usually buy?”

I nodded.

When we finally came back to the apartment and we were transferring the groceries to the cupboard, Jiyong exclaimed something that really pissed me off.

“Hanee-ah! I forgot to buy my deodorant! You didn’t remind me!”

Argh.

++++

“Can you pick Gaho up from the training camp?”  Jiyong asked when he called. He’s been out to Singapore to promote the group’s album for a couple of weeks now and it was extended for another one.

No greetings and all, he went straight to the point at what he wanted me to do.

“Now? Jiyong I’m on my way to work.” I told him. I was actually rushing to be on time for my 9am meeting with the sponsors.

“I know. That’s why I’m asking you to pick him up. He can just stay over at your office.” He states as a matter of fact-ly.

“Ji, I have a meeting from 9am to 3pm for the program that I’m handling.”

“Your assistant can take care of him while you’re on the meeting.” He insisted.

“Ji…”

“Please?” he pleaded.

“Fine.”

“YES! Thanks.” With nothing else, he hung up.

Wow.

+++

Today would be the day that the boys would come back from Singapore and I prepared a sumptuous meal for them. I know that they miss my cooking.

They’re flight would land at 4.35pm and they’d be in the building at around 5.30 if there isn’t any traffic.

I prepared their favorite pasta dishes, baked mac, lakehouse pasta which is my original recipe, stuffed penne, three sausage creamy pasta and jiyong’s favorite lasagna roll ups.

The guard at the lobby of the building already sent a message to tell me that the boys are on their way up so I quickly checked everything up. Everything is on their proper places and Gaho is at the corner of the room sleeping so it wouldn’t be really a bother.

As soon as the door opened, I popped the party popper [the one that releases confetti and stuff].

“Welcome back guys!” I greeted them. TOP, my bestfriend was the first one to come in and he gladly gave me a hug. The rest of the guys did too except the one that I was waiting for.

Apparently, he misses his dog much more than his wife. Gaho was woken up by the pop from the party poppers and immediately run to the door when I was hugging TOP.

“You cooked for us?” Seungri asked as he saw the feast on the table.

“Yeah. A little something for you guys.” I told them and they were ecstatic upon hearing that. Except for Jiyong who’s busy playing with Gaho.

“Hyung! Noona prepared our favorites! Come here and eat.” Daesung called.

“Yeah.Yeah. later.” Jiyong yelled back.

“It’s okay Noona, I’ll eat his food if he’s not here when I’m done with mine.” Seungri butted in.

They surely know that I hated seeing excess food, especially if I cook it.

The younger boys, Seungri and Daesung are technically my Oppas, but since I’m their hyung’s wife, they’ve decided to call me noona.

Half way through the meal, Jiyong finally came to the table he sat down beside Bae and not on his usual seat that happened to be beside me.

“Can someone please pass my plate?” he said.

I was looking at him the whole time and yet he doesn’t seem to notice my presence.

Watching him picked up Gaho from the floor and give pieces of meat from his food somehow killed me.

TOP must’ve noticed that I was looking at Jiyong ever so attentively and he nudged me and smiled.

After eating, Jiyong would normally help me clean up or atleast take the plates to the sink, but this time he didn’t. He’s still with his dog.

++++

Today is the most tiring day of my life. So far. I had to run down to 2 different events that my boss accidentally booked. Well thank you boss, I deserve a raise neh?

I was running, talking, arranging and making sure everything is fine in both the events in my 3 and half inch wedge. I know, it’s comfortable walking in wedge but I was doing that for the whole day. The last time I sat down was when I was on my way to work, on the cab.

All the pressure was on me and I had to make sure that everything is running smoothly. I wasn’t able to eat breakfast at home since I was on a rush, good thing my assistant got my favorite frap for me that morning. I wasn’t able to eat lunch because I had to check in some of the guests [who are late!]. and it’s already past 7pm now, and not a single thing passed by my throat after that frap.

All I wanted now was to eat and to take a rest, to take a dip in the tub and sleep.

As soon as I opened the door to the apartment, my phone rang.

It was Jiyong.

“Just got home?” he asked.

“Yeah. Just got in.” I replied.

“Okay. Good. Can you feed Gaho now? The housekeeper forgot to feed him this afternoon.” He suddenly said.

“Jiyong, can I just rest for a bit? I’ll feed him later.” I requested.

“But Hanee, he might die of hunger or he might get sick of something. Please give him food now. You just have to reheat the dog food from the fridge.”

“Jiyong…”

“Hanee, that’s the only thing that I’m asking from you. Why are you doing this to me?”

“Jiyong I just got home, I’m totally tired from work. All I’m asking was for you to let me rest for a bit and eat too before I give your precious little spoiled brat dog his food.” I can’t help but say.

And as if Gaho was being a real spoiled brat, he barked continuously.

“HANEE! GAho’s hungry! Give him his food now!” he said.

Hell yeah, reheating Gaho’s food is just a small task, but I had to check up to it every 15 seconds so it wouldn’t be hot for Gaho to eat.

“Jiyong, as much as I don’t want to say this, but it seems that Gaho is more important to you.”

“WHAT? What the hell are you talking about Hanee?”

“ as much as I don’t want to do this, but Ji, please, it’s either me, your wife or Gaho?”

“What? Of course it’s GAho.” He stated and laughed. “YAH. Yeobo. I love you.”

I quickly hung up from the call and cried.

Why is he being like this?

++++

GD’s POV

Seriously, I don’t know what’s with Hanee these past few weeks. Most of the time, she’s not in the mood and she’s no longer that affectionate. She’s also not that concern about Gaho.

She somehow really pissed me off today because all I was asking from her was to feed Gaho. I even asked her so dearly. She even made me choose between them!  But I was just playing! And she knows that! Aish.

Gaho’s playful bark welcomed me when I got home. It was already almost midnight and I know that my wife’s already sleeping.

I went directly to our room, I didn’t bother opening up the lights so I won’t disturb her.

I quickly took a short shower to clean up from the whole day’s work. When I came out, I felt that something is wrong. It would be usually cold by this time at night since Hanee would definitely turn on the aircon, but it was just at the room temperature now.

I reached for the light and I saw an empty bed. The bed was all cleaned up, no traces of her.

I thought she’s home a while ago?

Upon realizing the situation, I pulled out my phone from my bag and dialed her number. But it was off.

Where the hell is she?

I dialed her assistant’s number and asked if she knew where her boss is, but she didn’t know too.

I called everyone on my phonebook that are connected to her. Even her other bestfriend, but they all didn’t know where she was.

God, Hanee, why are you doing this to me? God damn. Turn on your phone!

I headed out of the room, scanned the unit for traces of my wife but to no avail.

Gaho came and went up the couch to sit down beside me. That’s when I notice a note from his jacket.

I quickly took it. It was from Hanee.

 

I’m sorry jiyong, I’ve had enough.

-HN

 

That was it? That’s just it?

++++++