Final

Perfection

A/N: English is not my first language so pardon me for any mistake. I was bored and thus, the result of this one-shot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuju can’t sleep. She looks over at the river; it was supposed to be calm and beautiful with the reflection of the moon and stars hung above the sky. The view will be splendid. However, she fails to realise that she can’t see them here. The absence of the moon and stars quickly daunts onto her. Maybe she dreams too much.

What she doesn’t like is how the peace has to be interrupted by the illuminating lights across the river. It could have been a perfect picture.

The night is still young on the other side just like her mind. It’s noisy and attention-seeking.

You were never good enough.

All her life, she kept hearing those words. Even until now when she has debuted, they were constantly on her thoughts. They never fail to remind her of her hurtful past and even rob her of the happiness she should be feeling.

Emptiness was all she has been getting. Those feelings wrap around her just like a parasite and never let go. Something is missing and she yearns for it but she couldn’t figure out what.

She tries her best in whatever she does. Sing, dance, act and variety shows; she wants to excel in everything. Even when she was known to the public as the main vocalist and all-rounder in the group, it wasn’t enough.

It was then she realised that she had been chasing perfections – something that is non-existent.

This night is like a repetition of many other nights. She was quiet and didn’t want to speak. She wants to hide from her members; from their doubtful eyes and never ending questions. She needs them but sometimes, they can become a bother. So she waited, until the dormitory was all quiet and everyone had fallen asleep before slipping out of her bed to have some personal time.

She wishes she can mingle into the crowds across the river and let the chatters of the night engulf her mind so that her thoughts can quiet down. Reality refrains her from doing so.

A gust of wind blows across her face, allowing the cold night to become colder. Her lips has turned purple and she folds her arms closely against her body while shivering. She regrets coming out with just a simple shirt and jeans.

“You didn’t brought your jacket out,” the sudden familiar voice startles her.

Yuju was about to turn around when she felt the warm fabric covering her and a pair of arms circling around her waist. She smiles unknowingly.

“Sinb ah, why did you come out?” She asks with a gentle voice.

“I couldn’t find you when I woke up.” The younger one grumbles as she put her head into the other’s neck and nuzzles it.

Yuju takes a side glance at the head that’s rested on her shoulder. Sleep is still present in her eyes.

“I’m sorry,” she apologises before sneaking a kiss onto the other’s forehead.

“Let’s go back, alright?”

Yuju intertwines their hands and grins when they fit, like moulds made for each other. They walk back to their dormitory under the street lamps and their shadow are casted onto the ground. Sinb yawns as she holds her arm with the other hand and they chuckle at the silly sight.

No words are exchanged except for the sweet glances that are occasionally thrown onto each other. Yuju looks into the other girl’s eyes and is surprised to find herself in it.

It was then she realised that Sinb is the perfection she has been looking for.