summer house

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


 

Miracles do happen ! Byunghun would know , seeing as how he’d just experienced one himself .

 

Around 7 in the morning , he received a call brief enough to wake him up from a much needed sleep . But it went quiet again too fast , giving him no chance to answer , as if it was meant to do just that , rudely waking him up .

 

Damn ! It was a good dream too ! How could it not when his love interest , the greatest man known to history , graced it with his appearance . Sadly , Byunghun never recalled much of his dreams . He just had a feeling it was a good one .

 

Sighing along , he cursed his luck , let out a yawn , and rubbed his eyes before he considered going back to sleep . It was Sunday , after all . Who would call ?

 

As if on cue , a faint noise interrupted his train of thoughts . A notification ? He wondered , realizing it was going to be difficult falling asleep again . Might as well check the phone .

 

And that’s how his boring Sunday turned into the best day ever . Must be another dream . He couldn’t believe he was currently seated next to Niel in the back while Minsoo drove and Chanhee sat next to him . The red interior of the car , a convertible BMW in chic white , had Byunghun doubting it being a dream even more . If that was the case though , he'd rather stay wrapped up in the warmth sunlight offered him as he gazed through the window with a smile on his face .

 

.

.

.

 

After an hour or something , the car stopped , drawing Byunghun's attention . He took a glance outside and saw a gas station . Was Minsoo out of fuel ?

 

" Byunghun , Coffee ? "

 

The youngest startled for a second , pulled out of his thoughts and back to reality , blinking and tilting his head in hopes of Minsoo repeating it .

 

" We're getting some coffee , would you like ? " Before he could , however , Niel beat him to it . He flung an arm around Byunghun's shoulders and smiled . Then , as if he recalled something , his eyes enlarged and brows went up . A second later , he gazed at the front and added " Oh , Chanhee , don't forget my extra scoop of whipped cream ! " before facing Byunghun again , waiting for his response .  But the said got shy and shook his head , voicing a faint " Nothing . "

 

" Eh ? come on . Don't be like that . Aren't we friends ? "

 

Byunghun nodded in a timid manner .

 

" Friends have fun together , Byung . We are all going to Minsoo's summer house , right ? we eat together and drink together . "

 

Hearing such words , knowing that Niel considers him good friend not just someone he's acquainted with made Byunghun feel so happy , so special . He could only hope a certain elder saw him that way too .

 

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

“ Didn’t you get something for Byunghun ? “ Astonished , Minsoo questioned strictly when Chanhee got back with only three cups in the tray , as if a father disgraced from his son's behavior , more like misbehavior .

 

“ No . he said he didn’t want . “ was Chanhee's simple answer .

 

The long haired male wordlessly stared at him for a few seconds before calmly asking in a serious tone “ Are you an idiot ? “

 

“ Just drive ! “

 

“ I’m really okay , Minsoo hyung . “ Byunghun interjected , trying to disseminate the tense atmosphere . He wasn’t that upset about it but he couldn’t deny he felt disappointed , hurt even , to be treated like that for no reason whatsoever and by who .

 

“ No . “ the said elder reclined further in his seat and let go of the steering wheel , as if to support his point , the thing that pissed Chanhee off more than he cared to admit .

 

“ Minsoo ! “ He exclaimed in a calm enough manner for it to be deemed a simple call of the name , not the warning it was .

 

The eldest , however , took a drag of his cigarette and ignored him , making it obvious he wasn’t going to move just then . Chanhee knew Minsoo was doing it on purpose , stubbornly refusing to do as told , to provoke him . And why ? Because of the stupid Lee Byunghun sitting on the back .

 

“ Are you for real ? “ A thread away from exploding in anger , Chanhee warned , barely keeping himself from yelling .

 

Minsoo put out the cigarette after taking his sweet time  and slowly reached a hand forward , sending him a challenging look as he spoke up  “ Want me to drive ? fine . “

 

They all lunged forward and hit the back of their seats , all gasping save for the eldest .

 

“ You ing kidding me , Minsoo ?! “

That was it !

Enraged , Chanhee cursed , rubbing his wet and sticky sleeve harsher than was necessary . The car had jolted back into motion suddenly , spilling the hot drink over him .

 

The tension could be cut by a knife at that point , making Byunghun interfere once more " Hyung , please don't fight . I don't even like Coffee . " He'd leaned forward as he said those words , resting a hand on Minsoo's arm to calm him down .

 

Silence reigned the atmosphere for a couple of seconds . It wasn't  broken until a few more seconds followed suit .

 

“ He doesn’t like coffee ? “ scoffed Chanhee before adding " My shirt got stained for no ing reason then . “

 

 

.

.

.

.



 

 

 

 

“ Did my ill mannered friend dampen your mood ? “

Byunghun turned around as h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter