the first time we met

Carnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

" Okay , everyone . That's all for today . I expect you to get the assignment done by the next week . Class dismissed . " Mr park announced before gathering the stack of papers on his desk and leaving .

 

Chatter instantly filled the room as everyone filtered out of class , heading towards the cafeteria to have lunch , except for .. 

 

" Earth to Byunghun ! " A cheerful and baby like voice called , making the person in question snap out of his daydream state . 

 

A beautiful dark brown haired young man blinked as a hand got waved in his face , demanding his attention . Byunghun scanned the whole room  , belatedly realizing that it was lunch break and that his two best friends , Changhyun and Jonghyun were practically towering over him in a manner that eerily reminded him of Sherlock Holmes , especially Jonghyun with that red streak in his hair that the teachers , oddly enough , never seemed to notice . Don't even start with how that has got anything to do with the Sherlock Holmes reference  .  Byunghun was random like that .

 

" For you to space out during English class , whatever you were thinking about must have been way too distracting . " The baby-faced one , Changhyun , cleverly guessed, only to have Byunghun stand up with his belongings and proceed to leave , nervously denying that conclusion . 

 

" I dunno what you are talking about . " 

 

The other two quickly followed suit , exchanging knowing looks as they hurried to catch up with their hopeless romantic , Lee Byunghun . 

 

" I dunno what's the point of lying when we all know you were thinking about that handsome guy , Lee Ch- " Once again , Changhyun spoke up , shrugging along . However , before he could finish his sentence , a hand on his mouth stopped him . 

 

" Shhh !!! Are you crazy ?! " Byunghun strictly whispered as he widened his eyes at his idiotic friend . Seriously ! Leave it to Yoo Changhyun to expose anyone's deepest and darkest secret and still look like he merely slipped with his tongue about a trivial issue .  

 

Jonghyun , on the other hand , could only sigh along , shaking his head at the other two . That conversation was turning out to be a main part of their school day , as of late . And he honestly found that taxing  on its own .

 

Once Byunghun was sure his friend constituted no more danger on his reputation , he resumed walking down the corridor , only stopping when he finally reached the cafeteria . 

 

It was even more crowded than usual , Jonghyun noted as he cautiously made his way through a group of girls . Changhyun imitated him and managed to safely get through .

 

As luck would have it though , a certain unlucky young man that went by the name  Lee Byunghun , despite being skinny , ended up stumbling and bumped on a girl that he later on recognized as Qri .

 

Being the polite and gullible teen he was , he'd helped her up and gave her his signature smile along with a quick apology . And Voila , you have the whole place looking at them with anticipation because everyone knew , except for . . 

 

" Girls are scary when they want something . " Changhyun pointed out as a shiver ran up his spine , Jonghyun nodding in agreement next to him .

 

Changhyun watched with concerned eyes as the slender male finally approached them and it was only then that he whispered to his naive friend " Trust me , Byunghun . She won't stop till she gets what she wants which happens to be you by the way . " 

 

To which he received an eye roll .

So he persisted " I wouldn't be surprised if we catch her stalking you . " 

 

At First , Byunghun thought it was a teasing remark but when his friend refused to drop the matter , he shook his head and chuckled before responding in a very logical manner " Come on , Changhyun . You are exaggerating . "

 

There was just no way that Qri , the school's prettiest and richest girl , would want him . She seemed too picky that Byunghun doubted his average looks would attract her . Truth be told , he knew he was quite good looking . Still , the idea of her liking him seemed too odd . If that spoiled girl  liked someone ,  then it must be someone like Kim jaejoong or something . 

 

" Right , jong ? "  Byunghun tilted his head at the youngest of them , waiting for him to agree but the said only looked at him with an unreadable expression . It seemed like he  wanted to roll his eyes but at who , Byunghun had no idea . so he decided it was safe to assume that jonghyun agreed with him . Which was , mind you , far from the truth . 

 

" See ? Even jong thinks so . " the shortest male innocently concluded and it's then that  jonghyun truly did roll his eyes .

 

Shaking his head in disapproval , Changhyun sighed before making his way to an empty table so they could finally eat and inevitably end up  forced to listen to the most random love story in the entire universe  .

 

Byunghun started eating and half way finished before the other two could even start because they were too busy whispering to each other , discussing the status quo , more precisely Byunghun's lovelife. While they weren't paying attention , the man question sneaked his chopsticks to their lunchbox and helped himself to one or two of the nuggets from Changhyun's meal and a rice ball from Jonghyun's . 

 

Changhyun only seemed to mind the fact Byunghun was lying to his parents about the allowance and all . He had nothing against Chanhee because Byunghun loved him and he trusted his best friend's judgment .

 

Jonghyun though , seemed to mind the whole thing . He wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea of his best friend falling for such an arrogant filthy rich young man .

No matter how much Byunghun managed to adorn that guy whenever he talked about him , jonghyun could easily conclude otherwise . Byunghun , was after all , too blinded by his infatuation to notice any negative traits in that Lee Chanhee . The guy was not only older than them but also involved in drug dealing .  And somehow , the ever oblivious Byunghun ended up getting involved with him . Now if that doesn't spell disaster , jonghyun didn't know what would .

 

According to Byunghun , Chanhee wasn't exactly arrogant but he wasn't a humble person either . He carried himself with grace and confidence ,  so much that it's dazzling . One couldn't resist admiring him from afar . That coupled with his beautiful doe-like eyes , flawless skin , and sharp jaw line  successfully made it impossible to ignore the handsome creature called Lee Chanhee . 

 

Well , yea Jonghyun was used to Byunghun being cute and all cheesy with the girls but he was definitely not used to him being a hopeless smitten romantic and for who !

 

" At first , I was just attracted to his looks but when I started using the drugs as an excuse to meet him and his clique , I realized I was actually falling for him . I wanted to see him smile , I wanted to know more about him . " And thereafter , the story began , Byunghun's voice being the only reason the other two finally noticed how empty their lunch boxes seemed compared to five minutes ago . 

 

Changhyun and Jonghyun gasped in unison as they brought their meals to their embrace whilst Byunghun spaced out , ignoring  their rant . His mind flashed back  to the night he first met Chanhee .

 

 

 

~ ♦ ~ 

 

 

 

It was a normal busy ni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter