I can't love my camera as much as I love you

Love me like your camera

 

He’s cute.

Click.

He’s really cute. Ugh.

Click.

Jungkook look at the viewfinder and click again.

I can’t get enough of him, dammit.

Without schedule for the day, Jungkook finds the time to get his camera and roam outside the dorm. With his camera in hand, he stroll the streets and look around; ready to capture some things worth keeping. About an hour of walking and clicking, Jungkook decides to go back home; deciding it was enough for the day.

Opening the dorm door, he was met with the view of Jimin lying on the couch; staring blankly to the ceiling. He was stunned for a moment. When did staring at the ceiling looks so attractive?

Well, Jimin always looks so attractive whatever he’s doing, even his drooling face looks so attractive; making Jungkook bring his camera all the time because he can’t missed something Jimin did that’s worth to capture and he’s worth to capture all the time.

He remembered that time when they stayed all night watching Game of Thrones and all of them were sprawled to the floor like a pile of dirty clothes the next morning. He woke up to the drooling but cute face of Jimin that he stumbled standing up hastily just to get his camera and snap some pictures of the older. Or that time when they were practicing and Jimin is doing his daily routines and he looks so y and mesmerizing that Jungkook’s hands itch just to capture the scene but he can’t use his camera because it will be too obvious. So instead, he reached for his phone inside his pocket, pretended to take some selfie when in reality, his phone is focused on the sweaty Jimin in front of him. He grinned internally. Jungkook never knew the words ‘gives up’!

Jungkook looked at the pictures he had capture and smiled to himself. He’s so cute. He clicked the next button and various pictures of Jimin appeared; from dancing to laughing to sleeping to just doing nothing. Name it and Jungkook have it all.

He’s lost with Jimin’s pictures that he was taken aback when he hears Jimin’s voice.

What are you doing?” Jimin says while standing up and making his way towards Jungkook. He felt panic surges towards his body, answering “Nothing” and quickly hides his camera when the older tried to sneak a look.

Jimin pouted. Ugh. Not the pout, Jungkook groans internally.

“Why? I want to see your photographs.” The older whines while trying to snatched the camera away from Jungkook but the younger is quick to move his hands; successfully distancing it from the older boy’s reach.

“No hyung.” Jungkook says with finality, walking towards his and Namjoon’s shared bedroom and slams the door shut.

Once inside, he lost the strength of his legs and lay back against the door. His heart hammers frantically against his chest and he heaved a sigh of relief.

That was so close.

 

----

 

It’s a long day of practice and Jungkook needed a shower; a cold and long one.

Upon arriving at the dorm, Jungkook quickly entered their room, put his things on his bed and got inside the bathroom. His body aches with the number of times they repeated their choreography and a cold shower can maybe ease the throbbing of his muscles a bit.

He removed his clothing and went under the shower, the cold water hitting his skin. He relaxed to the sound of the water and the feeling of it, enjoying the bath and taking his time. He knows Namjoon-hyung won’t be bothering him; seeing him busy writing something on the living room the moment they arrived from practice.

While scratching his scalp, he smiled while remembering how Jimin moves smoothly and executes the moves precisely. The older is really good at dancing. It’s just a waste that Jungkook’s eyes is not a camera, or else he already captured the way the older smirk while looking at himself at the mirror or the swipe of his tongue against his lower lip; the action making Jungkook swallows a lot of his saliva. Sometimes, he’s torn between a y Jimin and a cute Jimin. A y Jimin is a pain in the (because Jungkook had to control himself every time y Jimin appears; making the younger’s throat go dry and heating up his body.) A cute Jimin is a pain in the chest (because Jungkook’s chest bursts of affection every time cute Jimin appears; his laugher fills the younger’s heart and it hurts because he’s just so precious.) He can’t choose which ‘Jimin’ he prefered more. The older just fits both concepts perfectly.

When he was done cleaning himself, he grabs the towel that he prepared earlier and wraps it around his waist. That was good.

Opening the bathroom’s door and drying his hair with an extra towel, he makes his way towards his bed when he stops on his track.

His eyes grew wide and his heart beats a little faster.

In front of him is Park Jimin; holding his camera.

Panic surges inside of him and air leaves his lungs. He didn’t know what to do. .

He marches towards Jimin and snatches the camera from his hands.

“Hyung!” He shouts. . . .

Jimin just stared at him for a moment. He looked so scared and lost. When he recovered from the shock, the older quickly strides towards Jungkook, reaching for the younger’s hands. “I’m sorry!”

Without thinking, Jungkook pushes Jimin away; towards the door.

“Please, let me explain. Jungkook, I’m sorry.”

“No, get out!”

He pushes the older harder until the older was outside the room and slams the door.

He backs against the door and inhales sharply. He wipes his hands against his face harshly and slides slowly downwards against the door.

. What did he just do?

 

--

When Namjoon entered their room that night, the older tried to ask Jungkook about what just happened but the younger just groans and punch himself several times. Namjoon heard Jungkook berates himself and kicked the blanket that was wrap around him harshly; looking like a kid throwing a tantrum, and Namjoon can’t do anything but raise his brow to the younger. He doesn’t know what exactly happened but he saw how Jimin was hurt. He just hopes everything will be alright.

 

--

 

The next day, Jungkook doesn’t know what to do to face the older boy so when Jimin tried to talk to him, he quickly brushes him off. He was so ashamed with what he had done last night. He just shouts at Jimin and he was so rude towards him. He just can’t talk to the older yet. He’s so ashamed with himself. He can’t believe he pushes someone as precious as Jimin. How dare he? He didn’t know what he should do. After all, he’s bad at feelings.

He really didn’t expect himself from reacting like that. He just felt scared. He was scared of what the older boy’s reaction if he finds out what his camera contains and he just finds himself pushing and shouting at the older. If he could only turn back time....

 

--

 

A week has passed but still, they’re still not talking. Sometimes, he looks at Jimin, hoping that the older will look back to him but fails. He just needs the older to look at him and maybe offer him a smile, a smile that says I’m sorry, please forgive me, I’m an , I know but the older seems to refuse to look at him, even ignoring him.

He just needs the older to know that he’s sorry but he just don’t know how to approach the older. For the past days, he realized that he should be the one to make a move. Jimin already did his part; apologising to him several times, he’s just the who ignored the older because he’s in’ embarrassed and ashamed.

Jungkook tried. Jungkook tried to knock against Jimin’s room a lot of times but every time he does it, he feels scared. He cowers and he’ll turn his back and returned to his room feeling defeated.

Tonight, he walks towards Jimin’s room again. A renewed determination fills his chest. Tonight, he’ll make things right.

Raising his fist towards the door, he freezes when he heard a muffled cry behind the door and a “It’s okay” that sounds so much like Taehyung.

He just stands there, realizing Jimin must be crying again.

He laid his head against the door and closed his eyes; getting lost with Jimin’s cry.

How can he actually fix this?

 

--

 

Morning came and Jungkook just want to bury himself. He really hates himself. He sleep with Jimin’s cries ringing in his ears, last night.

Arriving at the table for breakfast, he saw how swollen Jimin’s eyes were and he felt guilt spreading through him. It was a bit awkward and he saw how the members look at him. Jungkook just bowed down his head and bit his lower lip. Ugh. I’m a ty really.

He had difficulty swallowing the food the entire duration of breakfast.

Standing up, he stumbled to his feet when he felt strong grip on his wrist and he felt himself dragged outside.

 

--

 

“What is your problem?” Taehyung asked him right away when they arrived at a secluded area in their neighbourhood. He faced Jungkook and crossed his arms across his chest.

Jungkook stands there awkwardly, looking at the ground.

“Hyung..”

“Can’t you see you’re hurting Jimin?”

“I’m sorry hyung.”

“Tell Jimin just that. I mean, what’s your problem really? Jimin already apologizes to you a few times but you ignored him and now he thinks you hate him, which I know is impossible. I’m nearing to punching you. How could you hurt my best friend?” Taehyung says harshly.

Jungkook doesn’t know how to respond.

“What really happened?” Taehyung asked. He was really curious what happened to the two that made this rift between them. Jimin refuses to tell him so he didn’t pry further. He just hugs the smaller boy to comfort him.

Jungkook swallows and contemplates for a moment.

“What?” Taehyung asked impatiently.

“Actually hyung..” Jungkook started, “You know the camera I always carry around right?”

“Yes. It’s full of Jimin’s pictures right?”

“Yeah. You all know how obsessed I am to him. Weeks before, Jimin-hyung asked me to show him the pictures I captured and you know what my camera contains right? So I refused. But then, one night when I was showering, Jimin-hyung sneakily gets my camera and I was so shocked and scared that I shouted at him. I was so embarrassed that I can’t look at him anymore. I don’t know how to talk to him hyung. Please, help me.”

Taehyung sighs. “That’s it? You’re embarrassed so you refused to talk to him? Really? Jeon Jungkook, you in’ .”

“Hyung.. Help me.” Jungkook begs.

He hopes his hyung will help him. He doesn’t know what to do anymore and he needed some support.

After a minute, Taehyung answered. “Okay. But make sure it will make Jimin happy or you’ll meet my fist, okay?”

“Yes, hyung. Thank you so much!”

He hugged the older boy and smiles widely at him. After releasing the other from the hug, he reached for his phone.

‘Hyungs, I need your help’

 

--

 

When Taehyung dragged Jimin away from home, Jungkook hurriedly calls the hyungs.

“Hyung! Did you get everything?”

“Jeon Jungkook, I swear to go---“ Yoongi was cut off by Jin.

“Yeah. Everything.”

“Thank you hyungs! I owe you this one.”

“Don’t forget what you promised us, okay?” Namjoon says on the other line. “Yeah! I just did this because you promised to treat us!” Hoseok says.

“Yeah hyungs. Don’t worry.”

“Okay, we’re on our way.”

--

 

When the hyungs arrived, Jungkook quickly prepares the area. He waved goodbye to the hyungs, giving them his credit card for them to treat themselves (he promised them to treat them in exchange of helping him buy the materials for his surprise.)

When everythings ready, he turns off the lights and waits until the 95 duo comes home. He can’t wait for Jimin to go home.

 

-

 

Jungkook sits straight when he hears the door opening and the quiet “Guys” of Jimin.

He breathes deeply. This is it.

He was shocked when he saw Jimin’s form fall down and the hurried voice of Taehyung saying ,”I’m sorry Jimin. We’ll return after you’re done.”

When Jimin finally stands, Jungkook switches the light on.

He sees Jimin covering his eyes with the sudden light, Jungkook then called him. “Hyung.”

The older boy’s eyes grew wide as he takes his surroundings. He walked towards the photographs that Jungkook had asked the hyungs to print out; hanged around the living room. This is his precious treasures.

Jimin stopped in front of the familiar picture and he turns around to face Jungkook. “What are all these about?”

“Hyung.,, I’m sorry.” Jungkook said while looking at his foot, biting his lips nervously. He doesn’t know how Jimin will react to all of this but he just hope for the best.

He slowly walked towards the shorter boy, “I’m sorry for hurting you and shouting at you. I shouldn’t have done that. I made you cry, I’m sorry.” He cups Jimin’s cheeks and continued. ““The thing is, I was just so scared when I saw you holding my camera. It’s just... I’m embarrassed that you will discover how obsess I am to you. You know, you mostly occupy the memory of my camera. It’s full of your face and it makes me scared that eventually you will find it weird and decided to ignore me. I’m sorry hyung. I just like you so much. No—maybe I love you? I don’t know. I just... I can’t stand seeing you sad. I’m sorry hyung. I’m sorry it took me a long time to confess. It’s okay if you don’t like me that way. Just, I don’t want to see you cry again because of me.” He ended it with cupping Jimin’s other cheeks.

“Jungkookie... U thought you hate me...” Jimin then said, tears swelling in his eyes.

Jungkook widened his eyes. “Why would I hate you? I love you hyung! I’m just not good with this.”

“I love you, Jungkookie.” Jimin confessed.

Jungkook stared at him. He can’t believe what he’s hearing.

“Really hyung?”

“Of course!”

He can’t believe it. Jimin loves him?

“But.. I’m not good enough for you. You deserve someone better hyung! You deserve to receive all the love in the world! You deserve-----“

Jungkook was silenced by Jimin’s lips.

“Just kiss me you idiot.”

He felt Jimin’s smile throughout the kiss and his heart swell with joy. Is this really true?

 

--

1 message received.

‘A purchase of 1 million won of lamb skewers was made by this account.’

Jungkook felt his blood drained after reading the text message he just received. 1 million won?

“HYUUUUUUUUNGS!”

 

A/N: Let's just assume 1 million won is a big amount haha. I don't really know how much 1 million won is, mian.