Love me like your camera

Love me like your camera

Jimin is currently having a staring contest with the ceiling, it’s their day off and he has nothing to do but to lazily lie down on the couch, when he saw Jungkook looking at something in his camera while smiling to himself. He looked like he achieved something.

He always see the younger carrying his camera everywhere he goes. It’s like his life depended on it and he can live without having it around. It’s cute though how the younger will quickly open his camera when he see something worth to capture.

“What are you doing?” He asked while standing up from his position and makes his way to the younger. He was so bored he thinks he would die. Eventhough they rarely get a day off and he was supposedly had to make use of the free time to relax and just enjoy a day without doing anything, he can’t just stay still. He wants to play or just do something. The others are preoccupied today so he can’t disturb them. Taehyung is out with his other friends, Jin is learning a new recipe in their kitchen and although he knows the older boy has a very soft spot for him, he can’t mess with him when it comes to food. Namjoon and Hoseok are currently in the studio writing some lyrics while Yoongi is currently catching up with sleep because he stayed up all night composing new songs. But alas! Jungkook is here. Maybe he can play with him or something.

“Nothing.” The younger answered quickly and hastily move the camera away from Jimin when the shorter boy tried to sneak a look on his camera. Jimin pouted.

“Why? I want to see your photographs.” Jimin whine when he realized that the younger has no plan on showing him the pictures. He tried to snatch the camera from Jungkook’s hands but the latter is quick to move his hands away from his reach that Jimin only manage to feel the air.

“No hyung.” Jungkook says with finality and walks toward his and Namjoon’s shared bedroom. Jimin can’t do anything but to just look at the closed door disappointedly and heave a sigh.

Jimin always wonder why Jungkook doesn’t want to show him the photographs he took in his camera.  He has seen the younger boy showing his camera to others but not to him. It always makes him wonder why. He thought they were close enough to actually share something important to each other. Maybe he was wrong. Maybe the younger boy is still not close to him to refuse to his request of seeing his camera. It hurts a little. Jimin always adores Jungkoook, maybe a little too much, that he was so hurt by this. Maybe he like the younger boy, no, scratched that, he loves the boy but maybe this love will always be unrequited. He wills himself not to cry and just shake his head. It’s okay, he says to himself and plop again on the couch. I’ll just continue staring at the ceiling.

 

-----

 

Jimin is in the living room watching some cartoons while waiting for dinner. The others were either taking a shower, because they just got back from a long day of practice, or in their respective shared rooms doing nothing in particular. Namjoon is across Jimin facing some papers with scratch and hurriedly written words. He wonders why the older is here in the living room when he is watching cartoons and how can the elder write lyrics in this kind of noisy environment. He returned his attention to Spongebob when he heard the other called him.

 “Hyung?” He asked. Namjoon signals him to come closer without looking at him.

“Can you get my phone? I’m sorry I’m just getting the feeling of this and getting up to get my phone will just destroy it.” Namjoon rambles on. He looked so cute worrying for nothing that Jimin just chuckle.

“It’s okay hyung. It’s not that I’m doing something important. You don’t have to be so sorry.” He giggles. His words assured Namjoon and he managed to smile this time.

“Thanks Jimin.”

Jimin makes his way to Namjoon and Jungkook’s bedroom. He heard the rustle of the water when he enters. Hmm, so Jungkook is showering, he thought. He went to Namjoon’s bed and looked for his phone. When he found it, he grabbed the thing and started to leave when he catches a sight of Jungkook’s camera.

He gulped.

He listens to the sound of the water. Jungkook is still showering and no one else is here in the room.

He was so tempted to look at the younger boy’s camera that he tiptoed towards it. He gulped again and felt the fast beating of his heart. Just a quick look, he says to himself, I just want to see some of his photos.

Jimin slowly reached the camera. He hears an imaginary drum rolls in his head that made his heart beats double in speed. When he got the camera, he sat on the lower bunk of the bed and started opening the bag. He was so preoccupied with what he is doing that he doesn’t hear the shower being turned off.

When he managed to get the camera out, he heard a gasp and suddenly, the camera was snatched away from him.

“Hyung!” Jungkook’s voice came out harsh and angry. Jimin is still shock he was caught that he just stared at Jungkook with his wide eyes. The younger looked so scary with his piercing gaze and almost red face, Jimin felt so small. Realizing what had happen, Jimin then apologizes quickly.

“I’m sorry!” Jimin gets up from sitting down and makes his way towards the younger to apologize.

“Get out!” Jungkook pushes him towards the door.

“Please, let me explain, Jungkook I’m sorry.”

“No, get out!”

Jimin was practically shoved outside. He attempted to return inside but the door was shut against his face. Jimin does not know what he should do.

“What happen?”

Jimin hears the worried voice of Namjoon and he turns around.

“I don’t know...”

 

Jimin cries himself to sleep that night.

 

-------

 

It’s been a week after the incident but still Jimin and Jungkook are not talking to each other. Jimin tried to apologize the next day but Jungkook just brushes him off and ignored him. He gave up after a couple of days. He thought maybe Jungkook hates him now. He was so ashamed with what he has done that he refused to talk to Jungkook, least look at him. Sometimes, he felt the gaze of the younger boy towards him but he was so scared that when he’ll look, he will see the hatred in the younger’s eyes. The tension between them frustrates the others; even making them heaved a sigh of frustration.

When night comes, Jimin lies on his bed and cry. He regretted that day. He blames himself for what is happening right now. He should have just left the room after getting Namjoon’s phone. He shouldn’t have entertained the idea of sneaking a look of Jungkook’s camera. He knew how Jungkook treasures his photos and his camera. He should have known his place.

Jimin bit his lower lip to stop himself from crying louder and waking up his roommates. He hears a rustle of mattress and a quiet voice.

“Jimin?” Taehyung calls.

Jimin sniff. He felt a hand squeezed his hand and looks up to see Taehyung.

“Move.” Taehyung instructs him. He moves towards the wall to make a space for Taehyung.

He felt Taehyung wraps his arms around him and whispers, “It’s okay”, and he hugs him back while crying his heart out.

 

 

-----

 

Jimin wakes up with swollen eyes. Maybe he did really cry hard last night.

Breakfast is a little awkward with all their worried looks towards him that he just returned with a smile. Taehyung squeezed his hand under the table and he returned the gesture. He was thankful for his best friend.

He snatched a quick look towards Jungkook and saw him biting his lower lip. The younger boy looks so defeated. Jimin felt bad. He was the one who’s done wrong. Jungkook shouldn’t feel sorry. He wants to tell the younger that he’s not the one to blame. Jimin brought this to himself and not the younger. But with what is happening right now, Jimin just can’t bring himself to assure the younger. He’s not even sure if Jungkook even wants to talk to him. He smiled bitterly. How can he fix this mess?

 

After breakfast, Jimin saw Taehyung dragging Jungkook outside.

 

 

--------

 

 

Later that day, Jimin was practically dragged by Taehyung. The taller boy says he wants to spend the afternoon with his best friend. Jimin knew Taehyung was just trying to cheer him up so he just allowed the other to drag him to the nearby park. It’s not that crowded so it’s okay for them to stroll around without disguises. The others probably were doing something, too. He have seen then left the house before he was dragged by Taehyung.

 When they arrived at the park, they immediately raced towards the swings. Jimin felt kid again. With Taehyung’s company, Jimin temporarily forgot his problems.

 

When the sun starts to set, they made their way home.

 

-------

 

The dorm is eerily quiet when they return. Jimin opened the door and was met by darkness.

“Guys?” He called out. He turns to look at Taehyung but was surprised when he felt a pushed from his back.

“W-wha---“

He stumbled to the carpeted floor. He heard the door locked and a muffled voice of Taehyung on the other side. “I’m sorry Jimin. We’ll return after you’re done.”

Jimin, not knowing what Taehyung is talking about, abruptly stood up and plan on walking out when he was blinded by a sudden light. He turns arounds while covering his eyes. When his eyes adjusted to the light, he makes out another figure in front of him.

“Hyung.” He hears the person said. He then realized that the other person is Jungkook. Shocked that the younger is already talking to him, he just looked at him with wide eyes.

They just look to each other’s eyes intently. Jimin misses him. He misses Jungkook so much. He felt himself tearing up when he finally noticed his surroundings.

All around the living room hanged different photographs of him from sleeping to dancing or anything really. He watches with wide eyes as he scans every picture. He felt his tears. He sniffs and stops himself from crying out loud. He stops to a particular picture. It’s him from a week ago; having a staring contest with the ceiling.

“What are all these about?” Jimin asks while turning around to face Jungkook.

Jungkook, looking down to his foot, slowly looks up to stare at Jimin. He bit his lips nervously.

“Hyung... I’m sorry”, Jungkook said while slowly walking towards Jimin, “I’m sorry for hurting you and shouting at you. I shouldn’t have done that. I made you cry, I’m sorry.” He cups Jimin’s left cheek and look at him passionately. Jimin just look at him, beckoning him to continue.

“The thing is, I was just so scared when I saw you holding my camera. It’s just... I’m embarrassed that you will discover how obsess I am to you. You know, you mostly occupy the memory of my camera. It’s full of your face and it makes me scared that eventually you will find it weird and decided to ignore me. I’m sorry hyung. I just like you so much. No—maybe I love you? I don’t know. I just... I can’t stand seeing you sad. I’m sorry hyung. I’m sorry it took me a long time to confess. It’s okay if you don’t like me that way. Just, I don’t want to see you cry again because of me.” Jungkook cups Jimin’s other check and stared at him lovingly. Jimin is just so speechless.

“Jungkookie... I thought you hate me...” Jimin whispered and cried a little more.

“Why would I hate you? I love you hyung!” Jungkook answered. “I’m just not good with this.” He continued.

“I love you, Jungkookie.” Jimin confessed. He’s so happy to know that Jungkook also love him. He watched Jungkook’s expression changed from sorry to shock.

“Really hyung?” He asked, disbelievingly.

“Of course!” Jimin answered enthusiastically.

“But.. I’m not good enough for you. You deserve someone better hyung! You deserve to receive all the love in the world! You deserve-----“

“Just kiss me you idiot.”  Jimin smiled throughout the kiss.

 

---------

 

 

“Ugh, Jungkook. For once, put down your camera. You already took like ten photos. Just stop.” Taehyung said while looking at Jungkook disapprovingly. The younger look like a love sick puppy and it’s a new sight to look at. It’s cute how he was head over heels with his best friend but he just looks so stupid right now.

“Why? I can’t get tired taking pictures of my cute sleeping boyfriend.” Jungkook answered while he continues to tap the capture button. Jimin is currently sleeping on the couch, not knowing his boyfriend is taking pictures of him.

Ugh, Taehyung thought, they’re annoyingly cute, dammit.

 

A/N: What do you think? Give me a peace of mind hahahaha