TRUTH (MOMO'S POV)

Like a Fool

 


Alright
What should I say? My heart is pounding

Speechless is how to describe her whenever she sees Myoui Mina. Smooth, fair skin. Flawless complexion. The long haired girl handled herself with such elegance. She had never met anyone like her. It was as if the girl had her under a spell. She was hooked from day one. Maybe it was love at first sight. 

 

Maybe I’ll put my hair up, To look different from the others

She puts in effort to be her best during practice partly to do well but mostly to impress Mina. She prays to get the attention from the quiet girl even for a few seconds. She doesn't want to be just another member. She wanted to be the one member that the ballerina focused on all the time. She wanted to be different. 

 

I said I’m ok
But I’m stumbling around completely flustered
It’s obvious I’m pretending to be cool

She realizes that she might have a speech problem because whenever she sees the girl sentences don't form and words don't come out like it's supposed to. When the ballerina changed her hair color and cut off her hair for the Cheer Up concept, she almost died. The girl looked so cute and hot at the same time. It took a lot of courage and vocabulary to finally compliment the girl with a "You look good" which definitely was an understatement. Words can't describe how much she hates herself now. 

 

I look in the mirror and quickly fix my makeup
Getting ready just in case I bump into you

She won't deny that she's trying very hard to look good for the ballerina. She tries to look good and dress better even in the dorm. She refuses to let the shorter girl see her in an unglam way not even for a second. Her intentions are getting more and more obvious to everyone except the one whom she wishes would catch on to her feelings. 

 

I try to act like I don’t care
But I like you so much, what do I do?

 
She's thinking maybe she should try to avoid the younger girl. Maybe the girl would then notice her. She starts getting closer to the other members. She sees the ballerina occasionally looking at her with a jealous expression maybe it's actually working but it may just be her thinking too much. As much as she wants to continue avoiding the ballerina to get more reaction, she can't take not being around her for long. She misses her presence like crazy. 


Should I say it or not?
Should I confess or not?

She decides today is the day that she'll confess her feelings. She feels confident and bold as she walks to the younger girl and pulls her aside. She starts talking but she soon realizes she can't bring herself to say that she likes her. She tries another approach and starts describing her crush hoping the latter would realize it's her that she likes but all she does is smile and nod. 

 
The truth is
I just wanna be with you
In love with you

She falls sick and it's pretty serious. With the only one with no schedule, the ballerina volunteers to take care of her. The younger girl attends to her every need. Even if she coughs a bit, the girl would immediately ask if she was okay. Seeing the girl being very concerned about her wellbeing, she feels blessed. In that moment it was clear to her that all she wants to do is call the ballerina hers. 


I’m being serious
I just wanna be with you
In love with you

"This Love" was the new theme for "Hit The Stage". Her dance instructor suggested to find someone she could partner up and dance with. She doesn't have to think. She knows who she wants to dance with. She finds the girl playing games on her phone as usual and asks if she wanted to be her girlfriend. The girl's face turns red and she finds it so adorable. She quickly says that it's for "Hit The Stage" and to her relief the younger girl agreed wholeheartedly. Still there was a part of her that desperately wanted to know what the younger girl's answer would be to the first question alone. 

 
I’m shaking but I’m calm

They spend hours together perfecting the choreography. She enjoys every second of it. Being able to get dangerously close and touchy with the younger girl made her nervous but excited. Their chemistry was undeniable. Her dance instructor even asks if they were in love. They laugh it off but she knows it's true for her. Whenever the younger girl compliments her, she tries to maintain her cool and prays that the younger girl doesn't notice how her face flushes and how loud her heart beats. 

 

I’m gonna confess to you

She doesn't know what to do with her feelings. It's getting stronger and stronger. She goes to the one person who'd never judge her, Sana. Sana tells her to stop hesitating and go for it because she would never know the ballerina's feelings unless she expressed hers. Strangely that gave her a confidence boost but it didn't mean that she was confident enough to actually do it. Not yet. 

 

Baby I’d die for you

Everyone decided it would be fun to switch rooms with each other and everyone randomly picked a room. She saw that she picked Mina, Sana, Jihyo and Nayeon's room. She peeked over at what the ballerina got and saw that she got Jeongyeon and her room. Feeling dejected, she walked over to Sana and was going to start complaining about the lucky member who was going to spend a night with her girl when she saw that Sana had gotten the same room as the chestnut haired girl. Sana knew she would do anything to exchange rooms with her and used it to her advantage. She would do anything just to get close to the younger girl even if it means being Sana's personal maid for a month. 

 

Take two deep breaths
I’m gonna whisper in your ear

In their room, she gives herself a mental pat on the back for taking the first step to initiate physical contact without screwing up. She never knew that one's embrace could feel like home until today. She felt warm and welcomed in the penguin's arms. She eventually falls asleep unknowingly. 
She wakes up in the middle of the night to find that they were still in the same position as last night. She had never been able to look at the younger girl in such close proximity. She took this opportunity to admire all her features. She knows she's falling hard but she has no intention to stop. "I like you" She says in a whisper, half hoping the sleeping angel would hear. 

 

Baby I’ll fight for you

The group likes listening to what fans have to say about their performances so they occasionally search up on articles and read YouTube comments together. There has been a lot of love from fans but they had an equal amount of hate too. The group liked to do this thing where each member would read a compliment from the fans for two other members to boost each other's confidence. As they were looking through comments and articles, a particular comment caught the eye of the blonde. It was a hate comment directed towards her favorite member AKA Mina. She doesn't usually do anything about the hate because she's used to it but it's not okay if it comes to the younger girl. Thank god she had a secret account that no one would recognize. She immediately started typing a long essay complimenting about how perfect and talented the ballerina was. Feeling proud of herself for standing up for her best friend she continued looking through other comments when Jeongyeon started calling the attention of everyone to look at a certain comment. The short haired girl started to read it out loud and she had realized it was her reply to the hate comment. She looked over at the younger girl and saw a blush on her face and she could tell that the younger was grateful and that was all that mattered. 


 
I’m not myself right now, I must like you a lot, Truth

She looked at the message she's typed out for the younger girl. It contained everything she wanted to say but didn't say and most importantly her feelings for the girl. She didn't know what to do. Her heart and her mind wasn't working well together and it was killing her. She couldn't stand not being able to call the younger girl hers and hers only. She doesn't want to share her with anyone. As she was contemplating whether or not to send the message, the other Japanese girl walked past and snatched the phone out of her hands. Looking at the message, she had pressed send. Thank god for the bad reception at the dorm. She hurriedly took her phone back and turned off the wifi to prevent the message from sending. She wished she hadn't done that but anyway she's learnt something new today. She really hates Sana a lot. 

 
My one wish is
Baby be my, be my everything

 
The lack of interaction between her and the younger girl was too much for her to handle. Whenever she tries to go to her, another member always 'steals' her attention away. It was like God was getting back at her for all the times she ate good food without the members. If only everyone knew that the girl was hers and backed off, she would be having the younger all to herself but she knows she doesn't own the girl. She prays for the courage to confess her feelings. She doesn't want to watch over from afar anymore.

 

I look young and clumsy but 
I like you

She decides to ask the ballerina whether she was capable of loving someone. The ballerina started off laughing at her, saying how dumb and clueless she would be which led to her thinking that there's no point in liking someone if the person she likes thinks that she isn't even capable of loving. But the younger girl had also said that she would be a really cute and caring girlfriend and that she would definitely be capable of loving someone. That boosted her confidence in herself. She scrapped all her negative thoughts away and thought to herself. Maybe she has a chance. 

 

Ain’t no lie
I’ll be honest now

She's decided that there's no point in avoiding and acting as if her feelings weren't already about to take over her whole being. She loved the younger girl and she wanted her to know. She wanted to be able to hold her hand, hug her anytime she wanted, cuddle with her, go on dates, kiss, do whatever couples do. As far fetched as it sounds, she could imagine spending the rest of her life loving and taking care of the younger girl. She didn't want to regret not taking risks. She's Hirai Momo after all. She likes taking risks (unless it involves roller coasters). She was going to do it the next day because the younger girl had asked her out earlier that week. She knew she couldn't wait anymore and it was the perfect time to do it since they rarely ever go out alone. "Live without regrets." maybe that would be her mantra now. 
 


Truth

She rushes from her earlier schedule and spots the younger girl on the bench across the street, waiting for her. Breathe in, breathe out. The minute she sends the text that indicates that she's here, it could be the end or the start of something new. 

"Hirai Momo, you can do this. Live without regrets. Go get your girl." 

Text sent.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Hehe hi guys so here is the Momo version!! I'll do the ending by next week because I still have exams and honestly writing about Mimo relieves my stress and reading your comments make me want to do even better so please comment and subscribe for more! OH AND TWICE COMEBACK 24TH OCTOBER!!!!! I'm so excited to see what JYP has in store for Onces HAHA but anyway hope you guys enjoy this!! Have a great weekend ahead and remember always to "CHEER UP BABY"