LIKE A FOOL (MINA'S POV)

Like a Fool


You’ve thrown a stone at my quiet heart
Maybe you don’t know

She sits in front of a mirror and sees the blonde haired girl back hugging and acting cute towards Dahyun. How she wished it was her instead. She used to be the one the blonde focused on and gave all her attention to. What happened to them? Did she do something wrong? She plugged in her headphones and closed her eyes to block out her thoughts. Strike 1. 

 

Tell me
maybe what you said before was just a joke

Strike 2. How was she supposed to react when Momo tells her she likes someone and it's pretty obvious who it is? They haven't talked for awhile and to know that that's the first thing Momo was going to say to her didn't help. Momo spent the whole night telling her about her crush but all she could do was to listen and smile as if her heart wasn't already breaking into a million pieces. 

 

I want to tell you without sounding awkward
But it won’t turn out well I’ll look back and regret it like a fool

Truth starts playing on her phone. "Should I say it or not? Should I confess or not? Oh baby Oh baby But truth is I just wanna be with you, in love with you" Of all songs in her playlist it had to be this song. She mentally curses herself for choosing the wrong playlist. Her mind has been occupied 24/7 with Momo and her heart feels like absolute . She wants to tell Momo about her feelings but she knows she can't. Their friendship means too much to her. She can't afford losing their friendship over her feelings. 

 

You’re always in my heart
But I’m just impatiently waiting
I’m like a fool 

When Momo asks Mina to dance with her on "Hit The Stage", she immediately agrees. She was excited to be able to spend actual alone time with the girl. She knows she will miss their time spent together and suffer by herself after it's over but she doesn't care. She loves her too much to give up this opportunity. 

 

It might be a childish thought
It might just be an illusion

She sees the look Momo gives her during their practices. She thinks maybe the other might feel the same way too. When she compliments the blonde, she swears she saw the girl blushing. But maybe it was just her imagination as the girl's attention immediately diverts to the other members that came in to watch them practice. 

 

I might regret it but boy you’re my first love

She talks to Sana and tells her about her feelings. Sana doesn't judge her, Sana comforts  her throughout the night. She lets herself fall asleep in Sana's embrace and for the first time in a long while, she feels at peace. 

 

Oh don’t you play with my head
Hey, don’t laugh like that because I’m serious

She receives a notification on her phone regarding Momo's live on the V app. She starts watching it and Momo calls her "her girlfriend" and says that she's "pretty". She knows it's a joke but part of her wishes that the girl meant it. 

 

What should I do to get recognized?
I wanna wanna say it

It was back to square one. The girl barely notices her and it's killing her to know that she meant so little to the blonde. She feels as if the girl was trying to avoid her. She wants to be noticed. She wants her attention. She wants her, she needs her but does the girl even care? 

 

My feelings are becoming clearer
Gently getting closer, closer, closer to you

It was as if God finally answered her prayers. For the past few weeks, they've been talking and hanging out more like they used to. She knows she shouldn't let herself enjoy it too much because she doesn't know if it'll last. She doesn't want to end up broken hearted. But she just can't help but fall deeper and deeper.

 

I want to come close and tell you
I’m in love with you Tell me you too

The girls decide to switch rooms for a night for fun and she ends up with the blonde alone. It gets lonely so the blonde decides to self invite herself into her arms. She tries to hold back but it's hard when the girl is looking so angelic in her arms. She prays for time to stop. She wants this moment to last forever. 

 

I’m hesitating so I won’t get hurt
Even though I try to get my courage up It won’t turn out well Like I’m a fool

It's 2am in the morning. She wakes up to see the blonde snuggled up next to her. She slowly observes and appreciate her god-like features. She looks down at her lips. Those lips that are tempting her so badly. She holds her hand out and boldly decides to touch her face but quickly retracts thinking about the consequences. She can't do it. Not at the risk of whatever they have. 

 

You’re the only one in my heart
I can’t tell you but I want to show you

She goes to Sana for help. For some reason, Sana laughs at her. Sana knows she's bad at words and tells her to confess her feelings through actions. Sana also knows that she's afraid and tells her to go for it before she actually regrets it for the rest of her life. She decides to listen to Sana. 

 

Boy I am your fool

She nervously holds roses in her hands waiting for the older girl. She's prepared a surprise for the blonde. She doesn't want to regret anything. For once, she's going to be bold. She knows if anything goes wrong she'll regret it the next day but she doesn't care. She decides to ignore all the negative thoughts. She sees the blonde across the street. She takes in a deep breath and starts her mini event in high hopes. 

"Here goes nothing."

 

 

 

 

 

HI GUYS!! Please comment your thoughts on this! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing!