Chap 03

Tied To An Idol

You leaned your head against the window of the limo as you watched the raindrops raced against themselves at the opposite side of the quartz. The rain outside was very strong, it felt like the wind could practically passed through the glass and hit you with its power, leaving you shivering. The low temperatured air conditioner was not helping at all. The thin layer of lace that was attached on your head was starting to irritate you as it kept on swiping against your thick-with-makeup face. The white high heel you were wearing was beginning to ache your feet with its height. God, you were 165 cm already. That was tall enough for an average woman like you, why did they still make you put on this joke-looking shining shoes? The thick layer of petticoats of your dress was scratching at your milky white thighs, scarring some messy red lines on the tender flesh of ham. It would be so itchy after this. You sighed at all the ponders.

Occasionally you would peer over to him who was at the other side of the vehicle, the same position as you, looking so done with his life that . Somewhat looked like he was filming an MV. He looked a lot more dapper than he used to already when he wore that black fitted tuxedo. It kinda looked weird on him, his chest seemed sorta bumpy. Please don't make him wear vest anymore after this. He . 

Everything about this arranged marriage . 

The wedding had just ended a few moments ago, sorry to say but you didn't get to invite Hyunwoo to it as his schedules were too packed. You made a mental note to call him after this and apologize, after you got out from this damn freezing car. None of you spoke to each other, just a simple, fake 'I do' for each other to quickly end the dreary ceremony. Thanked to him, he didn't really want to touch you anyway, you guys didn't kissed. Well, people would have caught that if you didn't do some undercover. He skillfully swirled you around, one arm draped over your shoulder blades and one just right on the end of your spine, your back facing everyone who actually attended (which was only your parents and his sister) and forgery kissed you. He placed both of his palm on your blushed cheeks, brought your face near together but no lips touching at all and he murmured a petite 'don't move' to you. And who were you to disobey that? He might sue you if you didn't do it. 

At the age of 19, you learnt that life . 

"Chanyeol, you don't have any schedules after this, do you?" His mother asked. 

"More like you made me to have none."

"Ehemmm, what a good boy." She purred. You snorted. Good boy, he's not 5.

You saw the annoyance in himself as he raised his lips upwards to the left, his eyes shifted to the same direction.

"So you see my darlings, just to make you feel better, we had prepared a luxurious condominium for you guys to live in." 

That just made you felt worse. 

"What?" Chanyeol threw a mortal dirty look at his father who was the driver of the car. He frowned at you, amused by how you were not amused at the force of your parents. 

"Abeonim-" You felt like puking when you were letting those words slipped off your lips. You were compelled to call that man your 'father-in-law', "Is that necessary?"

"Of course honey." Your father answered for him instead. "You two are newly-weds. It's undeniable that you both should get to know each other better and living together is the best way, isn't it?"

You swore to God, you had to bear with all the bilious that was forming at the pit of your stomach, however it was boiling to get pushed outside through your throat. You didn't want to know him better and you were sure he didn't too.

"Will there be any honeymoons?"

"Well, because of your schedules, Chanyeol, we can't find the right time for it. I guess we have to find other time for the honeymoon. By the way, after several awards ceremony, you will be busy recording for your upcoming comeback and showcase." His father proclaimed, Chanyeol was more grateful than he could ever think. 

Hope I'll have an endless schedules so I could avoid awkward situation living with an unknown woman. He thought, smirking to himself.

Thank God. No honeymoon, no travelling around the world with this despicable stranger.

 

**********

 

After dropping Chanyeol and his family at their house, you went straight to home as well to pack up your belongings to move to your soon-to-be-yours condominium. 

After calling Hyunwoo oppa when you were halfway packing your luggage, you felt a little relieve that he wasn't mad. He also said sorry as he couldn't make it to the wedding. Of course it was fine with you as you didn't want to upset him either. You told him about what happened during the wedding, you could tell that he was pissed off with Chanyeol's sassy arrogant personality, he was fooled by his smile. Anyway, he promised to call you more after this as he was guaranteed that you would be lonely after this. Actually, you didn't get it much, but you just said okay. 

"Appa." You called out for him once you walked down the whole stair, letting go of your black chic huge luggage onto the floor. He turned back and away from his cellphone as he was texting another of his business partner just now. He hummed, "Yes, my dear?".

"Appa, I really don't want this marriage." You pleaded. He adjusted his view to look at your face and searched for any hint of peculiar sign. 

"Chanyeol doesn't want this too. Please don't do this to us. Don't you have mercy?"

He scoffed, "I have, that's why I planned to let you marry him. He's the right guy for you, okay?"

"No, he's not if we're forced to do this. I know, it's not about our ancestors or whatever you said was the reason of this marriage, it's about the money, isn't it? You wanted his money since you know he's a big star now. You know that he's an international artist and his band also hit some big jackpots that cost billion of Won to them. And you used me to get those cash, right?"

"Listen, honey.", he started off, putting his phone back into his slacks. "It's not about money. We're not that poor that I need their money. I sincerely told you that it's our fathers that wanted you to marry him."

"Then why don't you told me? Why don't you let me get close to him first? Isn't that would be more easy for us?"

"Then what would you do? Of course you will act really bad, showing off these type of attitude in front of his parents and they would definitely cancel this off. I don't want that. I don't want you to pollute our family's name and fame. Do you know how hard had your grandfather gone through to make our company this huge? Think about him, you're his favourite grandchild. He loves you more than Hyunwoo, more than anyone. How would he feel if you are unwilling to fulfill what he wanted you to do since you were given birth? Do you want to let him down like that just because of Chanyeol? Chanyeol's parents had agreed to this matter too as our family had known each other for such a long time, just that you hadn't have the chance to meet them as they were busy like us too, dear. Again, I say, it's not about the money. It's what your grandfather wanted."

"Okay, well, I don't really want to bug about this, but how's Chanyeol's career then? What if this leaks? Boom, no more money."

"I told you it's not about the money!" He yelled. 

You clamped your mouth, speechless as he seldom used his voice like that towards you.

You grasped on your fist as your backpack hung loosely behind your back. You looked down onto the marble floor, diamond in it reflected lights that were coming from the chandelier above you. You bit onto your lower lips to prevent any protest that could make the situation worse.

He inhaled, "I had discussed about this with Lee Sooman already. He understands our condition. He would pay extra for EXO's publicist. And he wanted you to stay quiet, no talking about your life to your friends, no matter penpals or real life friends. Do you understand that?" He glared at you, hands in pocket as often as he could. 

Your heart out of the blue dropped to your liver. 

"Oohhhhh..." You sang in realisation, mouth forming fish blop, eyes turning to your left, you just made a big mistake. 

You told Hyunwoo Oppa already about this. 

He took a deep breath before making his way to you, "If you told Hyunwoo about this, it's all right. He's not that dumb to talk to anyone about this. By the way, I asked him about this too before, he swore to God's sake he won't spill it." 

You ducked in embarassment as he found out the gruesome and shameless act you did before you even knew. You joined your fist together and brought them to the centre of your pelvis, fumbling your thumbs up and down anxiously while biting your lower lips.

You unexpectedly felt a light yet rough brush on your soft hair, the fingers in it slightly combed it neatly. He said, "I love you." You rose your head up to catch him putting his sweetest smile only a father could give to his beloved daughter. He pulled you into his embrace and pat your head. "I'm sure I'm not making any wrong decisions. I feel it." His warmth travelled through your body.

You exhaled a breath you never sussed you were holding. Slowly fluttered your round dark brunette orbs, heart wounded to admit this, but you pondered,

If he says so

 

**********

 

"Sooo.. how was it?" Sehun tore off the packaging of the ice cream he bought from the convenience store just now and still had the time to left his signature for the cashier who was clearly one of his fans. He indulged the frost strawberry flavored ice cream between his lips and pulled forward, leftover from the melted ice were stained at the opening his mouth while waiting for his friend's answer. He stuffed the wasted plastic into his pants' pocket. He overheard a shouting voice from the other side of the phone, he almost choked on the dessert. 

The breeze of the evening air was stunning and relaxing. The view of the Han River was much more better than it was in the morning and afternoon. The evening sky was painted heavily in magenta, violet dark color with a slight hint of striking sun rays that was about to leave as the sun was going to call it a day. He leaned himself against the railing that acted as the divider between the quaint river and the path.

"Mum, it's Sehun. Just for a sec, okay?"

"What? Sorry, something happened today." He answered Sehun as he turned away from his parents and shrugged. Sehun lifted his broad shoulder and kept the ice cream away from him for a while. "I know. That's why I asked."

"Oh yeah." He replied, processing his words. "It's been a day."

"The day you are someone's husband." He giggled. 

"Trust me, the feelings aren't good." 

"Why? The kiss wasn't passionate?"

"Because I don't know the girl and we didn't kissed."

"I doubt that. Anyway, then get to know her."

"Easier said than done, bro."

Sehun smirked, he predicted Chanyeol would say that. He turned his gaze from the tranquil waves of the flowing river to his feet as he felt a dainty sting at his slim right calf. He scowled.

He bent over, squeezing his phone between his boney cheeks and shoulders and uttered, "Of course. Being a husband is not easy." He pinched at the succulent flesh of his leg and tossed the black ant away, killing the insect without mercy. 

"Yeah, especially when you are forced to be one."

"Oh come on, she can't be that bad."

"I'm not saying that she's bad. I mean, I know she doesn't want this either. I can't possibly blame her too. It's not her fault. What I was trying to say is the marriage is bad cause it's made up." He explained annoyingly, the irritation in his voice was too obvious to leave it like that. 

Sehun resumed to stroll along the river while enjoying the ice cream, "Of course, but you do know that there's an idiom goes 'every cloud has its silver lining', don't you?" 

A scoff fell from Chanyeol's lips, "I know. I was trying to think positive like you too before, but it's getting worse. Now, our parents want us to live together." 

"Ha ha." The maknae realised something. "It won't be that bad since you have started to refer the two of your parents as 'our'."

"Ugh," he sighed, rolling his eyes, "You know what I meant."

"Okay." He stopped, Chanyeol will always win anyway. 

"They said I need to know her better to become a lovelier husband. And they literally bought a luxurious condominium for us." He ended. "That is sorta crazy, for me." He added.

"It's a luxurious condominium, it will be great. Plus, you could always separate room with her. It's not like your parents-in-law are going to visit you guys all the time, 24/7. She doesn't want you too, does she?"

"Yeah, she said she doesn't want to touch any single of my fur that night." He rewinded. "I was somewhat, triggered."

"Wow," Sehun expressed. "She's fierce. Can I meet her?"

"Not planning to. My schedules is too packed I can't bring her to anywhere I'm going to be, not that I wanted to."

"You're so mean. She might don't want to say it too, it can because of the situation. Like you too, you wouldn't have acted like that that day if this wouldn't happen. You're a nice guy though."

"Yeah right for the first and thanks for the second. What are you? Doctor Love? Since when you're this smart?" He chuckled.

Sehun passed on his chuckles with his own oh-yeah? one, "At least my love life was much better than yours. You know, being forced to have one. Hahahaha."

"Not helping, Sehun. You still asked for my help when the girl you liked had a boyfriend, invited me into chatroom to back you up. What was that?"

"And both of us left out cause that guy was too scary. Okay, fair now." He gave in, putting the drearing conversation into its stop. The scene was too embarassing to be replayed.

"Where are you? It's quiet over there. Where is the members?" He switched to another topic that seemed to be more interesting than marriage. At least it wouldn't hurt like love would.

"I'm out at Han, in a mood for some air. The rest went to the brithday party. I was kinda lazy to attend Kyungsoo hyung's birthday anyway. I lied that I have schedules to them cause you know, all of them won't know that I'm out here since all of them are at Kyungsoo hyung's party right now. How about you?" 

"Packing my stuff to move, of course. My mum just got out the room after yelling at me how to deal with a girl." He laughed. "By the way, say happy birthday to Kyungsoo for me."

"Okay, I shouldn't be bothering you then. Don't bring too much stuff, alright? I'm gonna hang up. Bye." He pulled away from the phone before a almost audible yelp shouted.

"Sehun!" 

He brought in back to his ear. "Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." Sehun at the tip of his abandoned ice cream, lips felt a sudden dryness. A pinkish pool formed between his flip-flops.

 

**********

 

"Don't disappoint me."

With that last pat on sharp back, she broke the embrace and placed her hand on your shoulders. You flashed an anemic smile while she wiped off the tears that were forming in her eyes.

Fake tears.

"I won't, Mum." You reassured her forcefully, the note almost stuck in your throat. A brush landed on your cheeks, she waved and walked away with the others mimicking her. 

Chanyeol was left with you in front of the metalic door in the hushed hallway with various classic painting between every door. He eyed you for the last time in disbelief before he entered the passcode to gain access to the condo.

A beep escaped from the speaker, a dim red light flashed as the door was pushed open automatically. 

Chanyeol used his long legs to kick the door wider, only to reveal a very, very, very opulent, spacious, sophisticated, but still has that cozy vibe condominium.

AUTHOR'S BABBLING TIME AYOO WASSUP (Please don't leave. It's still in the story. Sorry for spoiling the mood though.)

To be honest, there's not much to be described. God gives you imagination for a reason. It's luxurious, let me just tell you the position of every place in the condo. As soon as you stepped into the condo, on your left, you'll have a small space where you keep your shoes and in front of you will be the living room and you'll see a sofa set (a sectional sofa, a love seat and a single seater) and a modern glass coffee table, you know where its place is. The tv is on your left, right in front of the sofas. As you walk pass the living room, there's a small passage to the left to make your way to the kitchen. In the kitchen, the wall that is opposite to the TV, was decorated with whatever theme you like. At the center of the space will have the kitchen island, complete with three stools. And in front of the island will be where you cook (you know the cabinets, the stove, the tabletop and the fridge. YASS, STORIES ARE WHERE YOU IMPROVE YOUR IMAGINATIONS). And outside the kitchen will be the laundry room. Okay okay, back to the living room. After walking pass the sofas, on your right, after passing through a door will lead you to the balcony. (By the way, it's a glass wall. So you can look out to the balcony) Okay, the balcony has wooden plank floor. With that, there'll be a set of rustic outdoor chaise lounge (about 4? Your choice) a bit more to the right side. At the left side of the open space, you'll have an outdoor jacuzzi. (Looking forward to use this place lol. I'm not a ert. Just kidding). Bluish tiles, okay, the rest of this part please let your imaginations go wild. Okay, back go the living room again. The dining table will be right next to living room. In front of it will be the guest room. Next to the guest room will be the staircase up toward the second floor. Not a big one, just a quick twirl and you're on the second storey. Okay okay. Back to the story. Upstairs, well, there'll be only lots of room. I estimated to be three? Yeah, and also there'll be billiard table. And the whole house would be full with decorations (as long as it's not messy). Just add anything you want, or leave it at the comments. I'll try to add it into the story, all right? Tell me if something is missing out.

Okay, back to the story. 

Chanyeol hadn't said a word to you. He placed down his own vast luggage as soon as he stepped into the place. You caught how he was amazed yet shcoked by the size and the condition of the house your parents chose for you and him. 

"Waaa..." He expressed. "This is too much to be compared to my dorm." He looked kinda cute though. 

You stayed behind him, waiting for him to lead the way. He commenced to make his way into the palatial lounge and examined the whole room. 

Taking some alone time by himself, he turned around to face you and pressed his lips. "Hey." He looked down to the sparkling floor.

The call of your name had you startled and you immediately looked up to his height. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry for that night. I didn't mean to say those words about you and I guess I was a little emotional since you know, having to get married to you. But I don't blame you. You don't want this too, do you?"

"I don't." Your feet were glued to the signature 'welcome' doormat.

"I will not hate you, it's not your fault anyway. Let's just... stay away from each other, okay? I don't mean it that way, I'll still try to be a good husband for you which I'm applied to, doing what I should to take care of you. I don't wanna harm you either. But let's just stay... how should I say?"

"Stay like this? Act like we're forced to but we don't hate each other? Like 'it's okay.. It's my destiny anyway, so I can't blame them' and 'I don't wanna let my parents down' ?"

"Yup. Exactly. You know what I mean."

"Okay. I want to say sorry too for that night." You seeked for his apology for your wrongful accusations about him. "It's fine." He said softly. "Let's just get over this and not get into each other's way. Even if we fight, it's not like it's going to work."

You chuckled at his statement, "Yeah."

Coldly, he ordered, "Let's separate rooms." You and him picked up your luggages in sync and started to head toward your own room upstairs, not turning back to say any goodbye.

Seems like there's a lot to write about today tonight. You thought once you gleamed a glimpse of your diary in your mind.