Chap 02

Tied To An Idol

"Aye aye guys! Look who's back!" Baekhyun casually swayed his hips in the dorm once Chanyeol twisted the doorknob and stepped inside the hectic house with a bag slinged over his shoulder, looking like a defeated soldier.

"Shut up, Baek." Chanyeol banged the door close and walked pass the excited puppy who was overjoyed at his return. Baekhyun immediately put on his sorrowful pout to attain Chanyeol's attention, only to be shrugged by the rapper. 

"What's wrong, Chanyeol?" Suho peeped his head out from the kitchen, his hands were so engaged with the wok that he used to cook their supper at 10.00 pm. "The dance practice was boring without you, although we have Baekhyun." He storied.

"Even without dance practice, I'm worn." His only reply had the leader's mind spinned, their mood maker had never got worn out except from dance practice and busy schedules, he only went physically tired, not mentally. Suho observed the way Chanyeol ran his fingers through his brown hair and frowned. "What do you mean by that?" 

BaekHyun shocked Suho by out of the blue appearing by his side and stealthy dipped his fingers into the wok to have a taste of the gravy, it had him go 'Mmhmm, little Baek approves this.'. Suho murmured angry words at him and smacked his flabby forearms and Baekhyun playfully ran for his life. Before Baekhyun had the chance to get out from the kitchen, Suho shouted out to him, "Check on Chanyeol for me," before he was too late and slipped his chance.

Baekhyun streched back his arms into the kitchen and sent an 'okay' cue as he chased over to Chanyeol who had got into his room.

Baekhyun crashed the door open and the sight he caught was unexplainable once he noticed Chanyeol dived into his bed and had his back on top. That was peculiar, Chanyeol always had his back on the mattress, kicking his legs in the air and wiggled in his bed like a dog asking for pets.

Baekhyun asked for a hint of clue from his fellow roommates, Kyungsoo and Jongin. Both of the boys shook their head in acknowledegement of the giant's state. Baekhyun hummed in confuse as he chucked his waist and thought and thought. Kyungsoo who was on his bed, holding his iPad watching movies abruptly lifted himself with his elbows supported him to approach the guy, he pulled him by his wrist and jerked on it so he could whisper soft in his ear. Kyungsoo murmured something that was too slow to Kai to catch and process in his mind. Baekhyun's feature shone in light and hope, he turned to Squishy and nodded furiously with that rectangular smile.

Baekhyun left the room quicker than Kai expected, he had his eyes went as wide as the diameter of the Jupiter's ring. He looked at D.O and questioned with his orbs, Kyungsoo only fluttered his eyes and placed a finger on his lips to shush him, returning to his movies. 

As soon as Bacon stepped out of the room, the tickling laughter sound of Seojun who was in the television had him jumped in frightened as the note was higher than anyone could surmise, his palm painfully rubbed his chest to subside the throbs and shut his eyes. He made his way back to the abandoned grandpa, he was at the tip of a spoon in front of the stove, he tapped his tongue adagio against his lips and he screwed his face up. He put the metal down next to the stove and extended his hands upwards to look for the soy sauce.

(So what I was thinking is let's get back to the main character, Chanyeol and let this two of this settle their things.)

His heart was crumpled in a tight knot, vacating this unfamiliar pain on it. So many wrinkles were left, all he could say was ouch, how could mum and dad do this to me

He put the tape of memory he recorded just now in the spascious dinner hall in his brain. That one sentence kept on replaying and replaying, well, he chose to replay the sentence, so he couldn't bug much. 

"You two, are going to marry each other."

"You two, are going to marry each other."

"You two, are going to marry each other."

"You two, are going to marry each other."

"You two, are going to marry each other."

"You two, are going to marry each other."

 

"WHAT THE HELL!" 

Time stopped, everyone in the dorm froze at the unforeseen scream.

"I'M JUST FREAKING 22!" 

Chanyeol palmed his face and wept. His body shivered from the sudden coldness that ran thorugh his body, those scared his roommates and they dropped their gadjets to check on the second tallest of them all. Kai chased to his side and put his head on top at his bed post and peeked down to find his eyes.

"Are you okay, hyung?"

Chanyeol sighed and swallowed back all his tears with all of his energy that were still remaining in his heart.

He murmured, "Believe it or not, I'm going to get married."

"What?"

 

**********

 

You dived down into your bed while taking a careful hold of your laptop in your hand. You were now perfectly dressed in your comfiest pajamas, ready to narrate the new beginning of your life. You plopped your laptop on your lap and quickly flipped it on. You clicked on several browser's icon and you ended up in your blog. 

There were not much of followers that you had there, just a few that actually cared for you and the things that happened in your routine. Your blog was where you wrote down every single detail of exciting things that literally occured in your life, but you didn't had much views to claim yourself as popular or something-famous. 

You caught that there was no notifications on your wall so you went straight for the wall where you would be writing all the imbecile-like news. You tapped on your mouse when your little arrow reached a pencil icon, you were brought to the page where your fingers were going to be as busy as a bee. You cracked your knuckles to prepare it.

As soon as you were done scrunitizing at the content of your writing, you posted it online. Of course you were not that dumb to reveal that your arranged husband was going to be Park freaking Chanyeol of EXO. You just told them that you were going to get send off marry someone you didn't love and boom, no one would know, right? Hello~~ It was going to be the most breaking news in the internet if you revealed and that would accidentally make Chanyeol's career went to hell. You didn't want him to hate you for doing that. You didn't loathe neither like him, you were being emotional just now without you realized. Don't get it wrong, it wasn't what you planned to say. You couldn't blame him either, you knew that he didn't want the marriage too. So there was no reason to abhor him. Not the innocent guy. 

You moved your view to your book racks that were filled with arranged notebooks or to be more specific, diaries. You were always like that, everytimes something big changed in your life, you would start a new diary about the current lifestyle. For example, you started your first diary when you stepped into elementary school, a new one when you got into middle school, another one for your highschool's experience. And like always, you were moving into your marriage life, so of course, with that biggest stride you had ever been forced by your parents to take, you would take the thickest book as you were expecting tons of argument. You giggled at the thought.

You pushed your laptop aside, not actually looking forward for any views or comments, you simply got off your bouncy bed and placed your feet down slowly like how Rapunzel were afraid of touching the grass for the foremost time in her living. (You would know if you watched Tangled.) You steadily swept your feet against the polar rug in your room, slightly knelt down in front of the rack and softly felt the spine of the diary at your fingertips. You pulled out the broadest hard cover diary among all of them, yes, you remembered when you first bought this book, you had the feeling to save this for your lovely marriage life, which you never saw this coming towards you.

You shook your head, disbelieve. I should have known my parents are just a bunch of gold digger.

You got on your feet back and put the book on your desk located just right next to the door towards your balcony. You slided the glittering glass door to let yourself out from the stressful room, leading you to your balcony. Not to mention the lack of sleep light your parents installed in your room, it was making the room went gloomier. Seriously? Just two of them? Only by your bed? Wow, thank you, I need that for sleeping, not my study. I thought I'm your child for 18 years and you still think I'm petrified of the dark. Wow, I'm not allergic of the Boogeyman, thank you. 

You leaned yourself against the caramel painted curved wood and smelled the fragrance of the night sky. The breezy wind temptingly on your pink cheeks and you shut your eyes, savouring the moment before it went to dreadful after this. Well, it's actually odour less but who cares? All you could sense was the smell of the carbon monoxide released by cars, filthy and unenvironmental friendly. People should seriously start using hybrid cars.

Your iPhone suddenly rang your ringtone, Taemin was singing for you. You sprinted towards your bed where you left it unlocked, you immediately peeked at the caller ID, you smiled.

Hyunwoo. 

 

**********

 

"Life , guys." 

"We know."

"Don't ever let your parents control you."

"We will not." 

"The world is unfair."

"Geez, it's not you're the one who is going to marry, Baek." Xiumin said, unimpressed.

"I know! I'm speaking for Chanyeol! He can't say a thing! He's! ..." 

"He's what?"

"Doomed!" Baekhyun did a bam! sign with his hand against the surface, well, he got himself 10 glares on the kitchen island.

Suho last-minutely organised a sudden meeting to discuss the latest hottest news, held in the dorm kitchen cause you know there's TV to disrupt them if they did it in the living room. And plus, Kyungsoo had his frying pan with him.

"Seriously, Baekhyun? It's not the right time for jokes. Chanyeol is in trouble... that drags us together." Kris muttered slowly in his hoarse voice.

"Haha! I know! We're.. doomed too.." His eyes went puppy, his lips went droopy. He turned to his left to look at the man who was clenching on a glass of red wine.

"You may want to consider to drink that, Chanyeol. You're underage." Luhan reminded.

"I'm 22, not a teenager." He swirled the wine in his hourglass glass and drank it one shot. 

Bad alert : Chanyeol drinks orange juice.

He ruffled the back of his brown hair with his thick rough fingers and hummed. "I'm sorry." He muttered slow.

"But wait, do manager know about this? Who's the girl? What's her name? How old is she? Is she pretty?" 

"Shut up, Jongin." Kyungsoo threw a frying pan shot right up at the visual's nose that he whimpered aw! ear-piercingly and looked at him threateningly. "I just wanted to know." He mumbled under his breath while he was rubbing his feature, secretly glaring fatal at the real Satan.

"There's no way that manager doesn't know this. The girl is a chaebol, daughter of Lotte's biggest food product." He stopped for a while to think of your name and resumed. "Four years younger than me, I don't know, I don't get the time to look at her. My temper was building up just now, I couldn't hold it." Chanyeol grasped at the stem of the glass around his fists, Suho was anxious he would break it, it costed so much money for that. Chanyeol squinted his face as tight as he could that his face got flushed. 

"I just can't believe that my parents did this to me. Especially when our Christmas comeback is just around the corner. I'm worried if this leaks and our reputation will get affected and we will lose our wins and we will lose our fans and we can't get our first daesang and this scandal will definitely be the end of me." Chanyeol poured his heart out to s, he was overthinking again and the members did not like it. It killed them when he was talking tongue twisting like that. 

"I should have just went to the dance practice just now instead of that helly dinner." He complained and squeezed the urge to sleep out of his eyes. He lifted his head and turned to look at s. "What did you guys practice just now?" 

"Like always, Christmas Day and Miracles In December." Chen lifted his shoulder. Chanyeol sighed, he was too overwhelmed with anger in his emotion. 

"You know what? I feel extremely bad for you. Just three days ago, we celebrated your birthday on EXO's Showtime. And today, 30th of November 2013, you got to know that you are getting married. And 5 days more, you know it's Miracles In December first stage on M!Countdown and then we'll have Christmas Day stage. I mean, what could go worse?" Sehun laughed as he ended his sentence and bammed the island. 

"You useless maknae, I thought you pray for us every night before you go to sleep! If you did, then why does this happen?"

"I do! And how would I know? I just pray, I can't possibly know what will happen! You can't blame me! Blame your parents and hers!"

"You peasant. Go sleep with Tao or something then."

"What does this have to do with me?" Tao sounded.

"Shut up, Tao. I'm going for a shower. I stink." Chanyeol got off fron his seat and threw the glass into the sink, he worried Shho again.

"Yeah, stink like your rap."

"Your abs stinks more, Kyungsoo."

The whole dorm bursted into laughter.

 

**********

 

"Yeoboseyo, Hyunwoo Oppa!" You greeted cheerfully once you answered his call. You could imagine his smile on his face when you said something with that joyful tone.

"Aww.. How's my darling doing? You sound happy today." He voiced over the phone and you rolled your eyes at that.

"Hurm, yeah." Your timbre averted into a low one, and a sarcastic one. He half-frowned at your voice, he began to think about what could be bugginh you cause you didn't get bug easily. 

"What happened?" 

Oh look, here's the understanding Lee Hyunwoo. He's always like this. Only one word or one look, boom, he's the greatest listener ever exosted in the world. 

Lee Hyunwoo, oh yeah, I forgot to introduce him to you guys at the intro. He was not your crush, he was not boyfriend, he was not brother. Yup, you guessed it. Not your step-brother, he was your cousin. He was three years older than you, he was one year younger than Chanyeol. He was an actor under KeyEast, you loved his acting in Secretly, Greatly. He was kinda talented you know, he graduated in Theater and Film, and he apppeared in a series, The Return of Iljimae. He was so young that time. He was the only one that completely understood you, he was more like an oldr brother to you. Just that ever since he pursued in his dream, he got less and lesser time to spend with his favourite female cousin. That was why he always called you like 'darling', 'sweetheart' or 'honey' when he contacted you, to make you felt appreciated. There was affection between the two of you, but there's nothing scandalous or something that had to do with love. He was a touchy person, he often tickled you, pat your hair and held your hand and you couldn't help but say you liked it, it made you felt protected. And by the way, people who loved literatute had to be romantic, so automatically you loved when he paid attention on you. Aha, do not say anything about that. That was you. Everything between the both of you were just like siblings' love. At least that was what you thought.

 "Mum and dad wanted me to marry a guy." You confessed, you heard a shocked gasp came out fron his beautifully curved lips. You could mentally saw him grasping on his mouth, eyes widen. "Really?" 

"Yes, oppa." You nodded alone. "Are they serious?"

"Yes, I'd met the guy."

"Who is it?"

You predicted that he would ask that, well, if you were him, you would, wouldn't you? People said curiosity kills the cat. 

You hummed in dubious and pressed your lips against each other, considering to let him knew or not. He was an idol, an actor, of course he knew Chanyeol, right? By the way, he was not that ignorant that he would expose the fact that the two of you would tie the knots soon. 

"Well, promise me you won't tell anyone." You listed your terms and agreement, hoping that he would tick on it and follow the contract signed. 

"Okay." Both of you held out your pinky finger, ready for your cue. 

"Promise?" 

"Promise." You curled your tiny finger, imagining that you had your finger wrapped around his.

"It's Chanyeol." 

You caught him spit out his drink (since when was he drinking?), and constant coughing.

"Oppa? Oppa, are you okay?" You asked him concernly, you didn't know that he would be so outraged.

There was a short period of silent before a loud scream pricked your eardrums.

"Chanyeol?! That tall rapper in Growl?!" 

"Oppa! Shhh! I know you're at your filming set!" Hyunwoo earned himself tons of glares from his makeup artist, his stylist, his manager, he quickly turned still and hide himself in his blanket.

You know how busybody and chatterbox were those noonas.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. You heard some rustling and swooshing sound from his side and you bet that he was walking away from the place and moved behind another building.

"I'm away from them." He informed. "Seriously? Do you know how famous is he? All my coordi noonas are ogling over him!"

"I'm perfectly aware of that."

"Chanyeol, that kid? Dude, he's in EXO! What if Dispatch finds out?" 

"EXO has their own publicist for a reason, duh."

"I said 'what if'. You can never be so sure."

"Oppa, of course mum and dad had sorted out this thing before us. I'm sure their manager, their CEO and whoever that is involved in covering this big news would have agreed in this matter."

Hyunwoo ruffled his flawless-styled hair and groaned. His little baby sister was going to get married. That meant no time for him anymore. He was gonna wept so hard at home for that suprising fact.

"Oppa, don't be so upset." You coaxed him. You were too, like him, sadden that you would leave him sooner than you conceived. 

"I'm upset."

"Awww. Oppa, don't be like this." You pouted. You hated looking at him frustrated and sad (although he would become a puppy).

"I'm gonna miss you then. I hope you have a great marriage. When is the wedding?" 

"12 January. I'll invite you, don't worry!" You said cheerfully.

"Yes, DO INVITE ME. I have to see you for the last time before you go off with that giant." 

"Aww.. Oppa, you make me feel so special." You blushed, your cheeks tinted in light pink. 

"Of course you are! If Chanyeol does anything bad towards you, do call me. I'll come right over, okay?" 

"Ne! Jalga oppa!!"

"Annyeong!! Have a nice marriage!!" 

The phone call went straight to tut-tut-tut. You brought your phone back in front of your face, it brightened up as the light hit you. You scanned at the screen, suddenly thought that Hyunwoo oppa kinda looked like Chanyeol's member, Baekhyun.

You smiled weakly, hope I will too, Oppa.

 

 

Author's Note

Annyeong! Thought if any of you would wonder, the timeset for this fanfic is in 2013 (for now. It will step into 2014 soon). That's why Sehun talked about MID and Christmas Day. I'm sorry if there's anything that made you confused ^^