Three.

My Dear Gumiho.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up Channie! It's morning! You've been sleeping for a long time. The sun is out, let's go out to play."

 

Who on earth has the audacity to wake me up in such a rude manner, literally no one butler or servant even dares to enter my room without knocking so what is this annoying thing that has been bouncing up and down on my bed for the past few minutes.

 

Wait, aren’t I in Changhyun’s house? Then it’s probably Changhyun. Sigh that boy, why can’t he leave me alone? T.T

 

"Shut up Yoo Changhyun I want to sleep. I had a very bad nightmare last night. I dreamt that I met a fox and and it wanted to eat me up." I groaned and pressed my pillow onto my face.

 

The nightmare was so vivid I could still visualize those tails shining brightly under the full moon. Oh my Buddha what a nightmare. ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

 

Wait. Hold on a second.

Since when did Changhyun's voice sound so innocent? The boy would never speak like a five year old waking me up and whining about wanting to go out and play and ridiculous nonsense like that.

 

"I don't eat humans."

 

I froze.

 

That same boyush voice that tinkles lightly in the wind, the one that egged me on to pin the tails to the dog. That strange boy from yesterday wasn't a nightmare. Am I supposed to scream?

 

"AHHHHHHHH!!!"

 

I opted to scream my lungs out with my powerful voice. Because it seemed like the only logical reaction I could give at the moment.

 

"Ow! Stop that! My ears hurt!" The strange boy, whom I finally remembered that I named him Byunghun and will from now on be referred to as Byunghun, whined and cupped his hands over his ears.

 

The boy had pushed himself to the corner of the bed, all curled up and still in the same outfit he was wearing from yesterday. Ew has he never heard of the term personal hygiene. What a dirty boy he is. ༼ꉺლꉺ༽

 

"It hurts."

 

Well I don’t care if it hurts or not, clearly I’m the one who should be in pain right now knowing that I have a fox in my room who could literally eat me up in one mouthful like cheese anytime.

 

Did you get that Exo’s Wolf reference there?

 

Geurae Fox

 

Naega Fox

 

Ahwooo

 

Ok I don’t really have time for jokes I’m about to be eaten by this fox.

 

"Don't eat me."

 

I decided to grab both his hands with my own, noting like a ert how extremely soft and smooth they were. I could hold them forever. *dreamy sighs*

 

"If there are fox spirits in this world then there'll be ghosts too. I'll come back and haunt you if you eat me."

 

I decided I would have to wear red everyday from now on, in any case that he decides to eat me alive I could return as a ghost to haunt him. I heard wearing red when you die could help you come back as a ghost for revenge.

 

*shudders* gee the thought of that itself scares me.

 

"I won't eat you. But my ruby charm is with you, so you've to let me stay by your side during this period of time."

 

Without warning Byunghun lifted my blouse up above my abs (yes I have abs now close that wide open mouth of yours) exposing my cute little belly button. My belly button is so adorable yes. (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

But hey why is he exposing my gorgeous body this little ert!

 

There’s only one logical and possible reason.

 

The fox is gay.

 

HAH I KNEW IT! I KNEW HE WAS GAY. THIS FOX SPIRIT IS GAY AND THE HEAVENS ARE PUNISHING HIM THAT’S WHY HE IS HERE ON EARTH!

 

Eh? I tried to slap his hand away when I noticed a sparkling ruby gem in place of my belly button. Where did my cute af belly button go?

 

"Huh?"

 

"This protects you Channie. It's mine but I'm lending it to you till you fully recover. Remember when you fell from the window? You were badly injured from that. Without this ruby, you'll die." He taps the ruby gently with his right index finger.

 

I kept silent. Well the only reason why I jumped from the window is because this stupid fox caused an earthquake and the only way out was to jump so it’s only right if he gave me whatever miracle ruby this is to save my life. Without the ruby I would die. Oh no I don’t want to die just yet T.T I still have such a long life ahead of me, a dream I haven’t fulfilled, all those Chanel bags waiting for me to buy them home and all those Royce chocolates in my fridge that I haven’t eaten. No I can’t die.

 

"So if I recover, you'll take your ruby and leave?" I finally asked.

 

He did say he will only be lending it to me until I recover. And if he takes his ruby with him, he wouldn’t have a reason to stay by my side anymore right?

 

Byunghun nodded animatedly, his head bobbing up and down hard.

 

Well, that's quite a relief. At least he won't stick to me forever or something. That would be a real nightmare.

 

~~~

 

"Stay here okay, don't run anywhere else." I sat Byunghun on the steps before making my way into the neighbourhood library.

 

If I have to live with a fox I might as well read up on how to not get eaten by one.

 

"Where are you going? Don't leave me alone! I'm scared." Byunghun whimpered and clung onto my left arm tightly with those delicate little hands of his.

 

It’s almost impossible to imagine how those hands belong to an evil fox who could eat you up any minute and those hands would be the one to tear you apart limb by limb and put transport them into his mouth. That’s such a scary thought. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

 

"I won't take a long time. Besides, you don't have an access card how are you going to get in?"

 

Wow is boy is one heck of an annoyance. He’s even stickier than the super glue I have at home that I once used to glue my fingers together by accident. Well I was trying to make a Mother’s Day card but I ended up gluing my right index finger and thumb together and I ended up crying like a baby and had to soak my hand in a solvent for a whole hour just to get them apart. D:

 

"Make one for me then!" He snatches my access card to look at it. Does this boy have any manners? Ugh!

 

"Your photo's weird." He giggled.

 

But of course I wasn’t insulted, Lee Chanhee is absolutely flawless and he looks amazing in his access card. Besides nothing a fox spirit says can be taken seriously, he’s an uncredible source.

 

"You aren't even human, you don't have an identification number how are you going to register for this?"

 

I rolled my eyes at the nuisance.

"Wait here okay. I won't take too long."

 

"You promise you'll come back?" Byunghun held onto me tightly with both his hands, staring straight at me with those manipulating puppy dog eyes that I could easily drown in.

 

"Yes yes. Now please let me go."

 

~~~

 

The books neatly lined up against the plastic white shelves as I put yet another animal related encyclopedia back to its orig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter