#Extra

Staring At Mr. Medusa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo frowned, eyes scowling at Baekhyun who was about to enter his office with a big grin on his face.

 

“Woah...calm down.” Baekhyun huffed and rolled his eyes at Kyungsoo. Despite Kyungsoo’s scary way of glaring at him, Baekhyun whistled as he slumped his body on Kyungsoo’s office sofa and patted the empty spot beside him. “Come here, sweetheart.” he singsonged.

 

Kyungsoo pushed his hair back and propped his back on his chair. “If you wanted to see me then you could have called me to your office, Baek.”

 

“I came here as a friend.” Baekhyun smiled. “And stop glaring at me, you’ll hurt your eyes.” he shrugged. He pouted when Kyungsoo did not budge from his chair. “Come here or I’m going to go over there and sit on your lap instead.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and stood up to walk toward Baekhyun. He sat beside his smiling friend and let him pulled him into his arms. A warm hug from Baekhyun put his heart in eased, even for a while. He couldn't stop himself from smiling along with Baekhyun.

 

“Why are you being salty? Mr. Medusa that I know is a kind of person who has a very tough heart. He doesn’t care what others think of him and any kind of gossip doesn’t make him flinch or angry either.” Baekhyun muttered. “So, what has changed this time?”

 

Kyungsoo patted Baekhyun’s arms. “Are you sure your boyfriend would not mind you coming out from my office smelling like my cologne?” he smirked.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and stared at Kyungsoo’s closed door. “He is the one who has called me here as he was worried about you.”

 

“You’ve read all the hate email that they sent to the admin, right?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Yup and they are just really jealous of your blooming relationship with that hot clerk of yours.” Baekhyun giggled when Kyungsoo elbowed his stomach.

 

“It's not funny.” Kyungsoo chided. “I’m used to this kind of hate and I don't really care about what other people think about me,” he stated.

 

“Of course, you’re the heartless Mr. Medusa.” Baekhyun snickered.

 

“It's just that they are talking bad about Jongin. He is a good guy who has a very kind heart. Now he’s receiving hate all because of me. You know all due to ‘working with your boss in the same department’ thing. The haters say that our relationship is not healthy because of this reason. ” Kyungsoo groaned, mild headache kept pounding inside his head.

 

“It's not against this company’s policy to date anyone in the company, regardless of their status or department. You know that, right?” Baekhyun smiled. “Even my father married his secretary who is my mom today.”

 

“I know. I did think about it when I wanted to date Jongin. But now I’m afraid that he might not be able to take the pressure or perhaps might have to choose between me and his career. Or worse, he might quit this job.” kyungsoo grumbled. “Because of all this, now I’m not sure about our future together anymore.” he sighed, shoulders slumped as he stared at Baekhyun’s face.

 

Baekhyun gasped, sandwiching Kyungsoo’s face with his palms. “Are you going to break up with him then?”

 

“No! I like him a lot, Baek. Do you think he’ll leave me?” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“Assuming...assuming.” Baekhyun snorted. “Have you talked to him about this? You guys have been dating for five months, right?”

 

“Yes but I barely saw him this week as he’s busy with modeling jobs and paperwork these days.” Kyungsoo whimpered while massaging his temple. “He’s usually in a deep sleep when I visit him at his house and vise versa. But we always manage to remain in touch with text messages every day.” he smiled fondly, mind remembering the cute text messages and selcas that Jongin had sent to him.  

 

“What a pitiful dating experience, both of you are so busy with work, its a miracle for you guys to stay together until this day,” Baekhyun said while caressing Kyungsoo’s hair.

 

“Hey, we managed to stay cause we both like each other so much.” Kyungsoo flushed.

 

Sighing, Baekhyun patted Kyungsoo’s hand. “If you want to keep this cute relationship of yours then you should better talk to him about this. Share all your concerns, I’m sure Jongin would like that too.”

 

“Should I?” Kyungsoo fished out his phone from his pant’s pocket and saw Jongin’s sleeping face that he used on his phone wallpaper, made him grinning like a crazy person. He missed him so much.

 

“Have you guys thought about living together? That way you can see each other every day.” Baekhyun suggested.

 

“I’ve never thought about that, Baek,” Kyungsoo mumbled. “Do you think this is a good idea?”

 

“Why don’t you go and ask jongin yourself to find out.” Baekhyun smiled and patted Kyungsoo’s arm.

 

---

 

Kyungsoo cleared his work schedule that afternoon to meet up with Jongin. He had to. He just received a text message from Jongin saying that he would be busy with a photo shoot tonight so Kyungsoo had to cancel their dinner date. Groaning in frustration, Kyungsoo threw his phone on his work table and massaged his temple. Their attempt to go on a date had failed for an umpteen times this week because they both were so busy with their work. Kyungsoo knew that he had to do something soon or both of them would start to drift apart from each other. He cherished the relationship that he had with Jongin a lot, therefore, he didn't want it to end because of some stupid reason. So he picked up his phone and started texting Jongin.

 

Where is the photoshoot? I want to meet you there.

 

Puffing his cheeks, Kyungsoo fixed his suit and hair before stepping inside the elevator. Pressing on the elevator button to the 10th floor, Kyungsoo smiled when he remembered how happy Jongin’s voice was, laughing merrily when he called him back, telling him that he was so excited to meet him too. Jongin gave him his photoshoot area’s address and Kyungsoo decided to drop by. Maybe he could wait for him to finish his job and then he would send Jongin home. The elevator stopped at the fifth floor, welcoming few of the workers that were working inside the building. Kyungsoo automatically stepped back, giving space to them.

 

“My gosh, did you see Jongin this morning?”

 

Kyungsoo froze when he heard Jongin’s name being mentioned in the conversation between the two employees that were standing in front of him. The two workers were so into their chat that they didn't care about other people in the elevator.

 

“He is so good looking.” the second woman squealed.

 

“I don't think our boss’s efforts to woo him would be successful, someone has to tell him to back off.” the first woman giggled while fixing her blonde hair.

 

“Mr. Choi is Jongin’s huge fanboy. I mean, he has given him expensive things such as perfumes, branded clothes and do you remember the Ducati motorcycle that he gave him last month? Jongin refused all his gifts politely and returned it back to him.”

 

“He is so crazy for him, I don't think our boss is going to get him. I’ve heard Jongin is already in a serious relationship. He has a very handsome and wealthy lover.”

 

Kyungsoo smirked, his heart bloomed with pride, satisfied with the statements about him.

 

“Richer than Mr. Choi?”

 

The blond women nodded enthusiastically. “Some say that his lover comes from a rich family and has a black Maserati.” She shrugged. “For someone as godly as Jongin, his lover must be perfect too.”

 

Kyungsoo’s lips twitched, fighting hard to hide the big smile that appeared on this face every time the gossipers talked about Jongin’s great lover. Smiling smugly, he exited the elevator and walked further into the hallways that lead to a spacious photography studio. The atmosphere inside was chaotic with people running around carrying clothes and props. The clicking sound of camera leaded Kyungsoo toward Jongin’s photoshoot area. Ignoring the judging looks that he got from others, Kyungsoo chose to watch Jongin quietly from the side. He could feel his face burning when he saw Jongin. His lover was the epitome of perfection. Jongin looked so hot, wearing an expensive leather jacket, showing his bare chest. He was so into his role that he wasn't aware of his surrounding. He kept on smiling bashfully when he received praises from the photographer. Kyungsoo knew that the clerk was enjoying his job so much that he was still grinning and looking so happy even after posing for hours since that morning.

 

“There’s a snack for us and Jongin from Mr. Choi...again.” A young woman giddily announced while arranging the newly arrived snack boxes for the staff, on the table.

 

Kyungsoo’s heart twinged when he saw the smile on Jongin’s face vanished when he heard Mr. Choi’s name. The clerk huffed, eyebrows frowning while muttering something under his breath. He looked so uncomfortable and Kyungsoo wanted to kiss the pout on his lips so bad.

 

“Jongin, you look tired. You should take rest for a while, alright?” the photographer suggested.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter