Fin

Staring At Mr. Medusa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Most all of the marketing team was present in the meeting room. Chanyeol, the meticulous personal assistant of the head of the marketing department, looked so busy preparing the handouts and refreshments for the upcoming meeting. He pursed his lip when he finished the task and sat down at the meeting table with furrowed eyebrows while eyeing all his coworkers' hands from messing up his perfect preparation.

 

Luhan, one of the clerks that arrived the earliest was glued to his phone. He would grin every time he heard a message notification coming from that device. Yixing entered the meeting room slightly after Luhan. He waved his hand eagerly towards Chanyeol who was looking at him with a judging look on his face. He smiled at the personal assistant and settled down beside Luhan at the meeting table.

 

Tao and Jongin showed up 15 minutes before the meeting time. Tao rushed to sit beside Yixing and started to update him with their daily gossip. Jongin chuckled while looking at Tao and Yixing’s gossiping attitude. He chose to sit beside Chanyeol because sitting beside him was the best place to stare at Mr. Do Kyungsoo or Mr. Medusa. He has a big fat crush on his own boss, with his staring habit, almost everyone in his department knew his secret. He really couldn't hide it so well.

 

Yixing was trying to secretly sip on the coffee that was placed right in front of them while glancing towards Chanyeol. He was so thirsty after gossiping with Tao that needed to drink.

 

"Ouch!" Yixing yelped. The clumsy clerk burned his tongue. Covering his mouth with his palms, Yixing blushed when Chanyeol caught his act. The meticulous PA really didn't like them drinking his well-made coffee before the meeting started. Yixing sighed. They had a very weird boss with a creepy PA of his as a package.

 

"Why do you fall into his trap, Yixing? Chanyeol is so meticulous, he always makes sure that the coffee temperature will be perfectly ready when our boss starts the meeting!" Luhan hissed while trying to wipe Yixing's tongue with tissue.

 

Yixing coughed while trying to remove the tissue debris from entering his mouth. He shivered when he caught Chanyeol's smug face staring back at him. Blinking innocently, he scooted closer to whisper at Tao. "Chanyeol is so freaky."

 

All of them flinched in their seats when their boss, Mr. Do Kyungsoo entered the room with furrowed eyebrows. Not making any eye contacts with his workers, he closed the meeting room door with his foot. They called him Mr. Medusa because of his scary scowling eyes and his venomous words. Working with him for so many years, made every employee master their boss’s body language. If Mr. Medusa closed the door using his leg, it meant that all of them were going to get poisoned by his venomous words. The meeting room was so eerily quiet as they waited for him to open his mouth.

 

Chaos erupted inside the room when one of the department clerks, Chen came barging in, looking so pissed off with his hair sticking up in every direction while holding a helmet in his hand. "Which one of you took my ing ID?! I can't go anywhere in this building without it!" he complained, slamming his palm angrily on the meeting table. He squinted while trying to read Luhan's awkward moving lips.

 

"Are you going to pee, Luhan? Because you look weird." Chen grumbled, rolling his eyes.

 

"Can someone slap Chen back to reality and save him?" Tao sighed, diverting his gaze from Chen’s confused face as he shook his head slowly.

 

"Do you guys know why I am super angry right now?" Chen asked as he stared at Jongin's sleepy face. He pursed his lips when Jongin shook his head and yawned, looking not interested in hearing his story.

 

"I met Xiumin in the elevator and he called me Kevin! KEVIN! I really don't mind if he calls me Chin, Chan because at least it starts with the letter C, but Kevin? All because I wasn't wearing my ID!" Chen said while pretending to wipe his fake tears.

 

"Are you done ranting about losing your ID, Kevin?" Mr. Do Kyungsoo finally spoke up after he heard enough of Chen’s tragic morning story. Crossing his arms over his chest, he kept scowling hard at Chen.

 

"Y-yes?" Chen stammered. He looked at his other co-workers with 'why didn't anybody told me that our boss is here' face. He stood frozen like a statue when his eyes met Kyungsoo's. He couldn't even move his hand away from the table. Chen was trapped in his boss Medusa’s spell.

 

The meeting started soon after Luhan stood up and pulled Chen down to sit beside him at the meeting table. Chen was still in a shock that he didn't feel anything when he received another jab of cruel words from Mr. Kyungsoo. Their boss was in a foul mood that morning. All of their ears felt like bleeding because of the never-ending sarcasm and fake compliments that they got from him.

 

Jongin who was usually safe from Mr. Medusa’s gruesome words couldn't keep his luck that morning. "Jongin, is the projector showing details of the presentation on my face? Please concentrate on the screen."

 

Being caught ogling at his boss made Jongin’s face turned red instantly. ‘So Mr. Medusa noticed his staring habit?' Blushing, he looked down at the handout on the table.

 

After all of his workers’ energy that morning, Mr. Kyungsoo finally left the room with Chanyeol tailing behind him. He stopped at Chen and smirked. "Kevin, I'll make sure that if I found your ID, I will swipe it between Xiumin's cheeks. That way he will always remember your name when he meets you again," he stated bluntly and with that, he exited the meeting room.

 

"Oh my god, that is so funny!" Luhan wheezed, hiding his laughter from erupting in front of Mr. Kyungsoo by gritting his teeth.

 

All of them burst out laughing when Mr. Kyungsoo left the room, except Chen.

 

---

 

Baekhyun smiled as he walked into Kyungsoo's office. He grinned when he saw Chanyeol was so busy doing his task on the table with a pouty lip. 'Why does he always pout and frown?'

 

"Hello, angel!" The office boy singsonged while standing in front of the personal assistant’s table. He laughed when he looked at Chanyeol's annoyed face. Baekhyun knew that the personal assistant didn't like him so much; it showed when he rolled his eyes while pretending not to see Baekhyun that was flashing his gummy smile right in front of his face.

 

"Morning handsome! I really didn’t know that I have the invincible superpower, until now! Tell me, why are you frowning? It’s doesn't look good on your face!" Baekhyun said while pressing his thumb on Chanyeol's forehead, trying so hard to rub the visible line to fade away.

 

Chanyeol swatted the office boy's hand away that was harassing his forehead as he glared at Baekhyun. The personal assistant admitted that Baekhyun was handsome, but his loud personality really irked him a lot. He always wondered how did his fierce boss become friends with this mischievous boy.

 

"You really hate me aren't you, handsome?" Baekhyun smirked.

 

Chanyeol nodded while pointing toward Kyungsoo's office. He refused to waste his voice talking to Baekhyun. The personal assistant knew that Baekhyun always met with Kyungsoo every day in his office. He didn't really know what they did inside his boss’s office. Chanyeol even heard the other workers gossiping about his boss and Baekhyun's love rumor.

 

Minutes after Baekhyun entered Kyungsoo's office, Xiumin, the HR Department Head arrived while smiling widely toward Chanyeol before he got inside his friend's office. Junmyeon from Finance Department, also showed up minutes later while talking on his phone. He just waved at Chanyeol and walked into Kyungsoo's room too.

 

"Soo, you're turning your workers into a stone again, don't pressure them," Xiumin sighed while patting Kyungsoo's shoulder. All of them were sitting on the sofa, waiting for Kyungsoo to join their discussion time.

 

"You should know that the workers in your department are the best in their field of work, they're popular because of their hard work and handsome face, they're the awesome gems of this company, so why are you treating them so cruelly?" Junmyeon scoffed while sipping the morning coffee that was already prepared by Chanyeol on the coffee table.

 

"I'm getting addicted to your personal assistant’s coffee, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun cooed while inhaling the delicious aroma of Chanyeol's coffee with closed eyes.

 

"In reality, you're addicted to his handsome face and you drool whenever you see him." Kyungsoo snorted while rubbing his face with his palms. He actually felt terrible after lashing out his anger toward his workers so early in the morning. He got pissed off because their hard work didn't win against their company’s rival. He knew that his team was trying their best but the rival was taking a dirty way to win the job.

 

"Can we start our meeting?" Junmyeon said while tapping the coffee table to get their attention as he glanced at his expensive watch on his wrist.

 

"Baekhyun, your dad..." Kyungsoo paused when he saw Baekhyun's annoyed face.

 

"I don't want to talk about this right now, let's start our discussion." Baekhyun changed into a serious mode and began discussing the paperwork on the table.

 

Their meeting ended after hearing Xiumin's big yawn. Kyungsoo smirked when he handed Chen's ID to the clueless looking Xiumin.

 

"Is this Kevin?" Xiumin frowned while trying to grab the ID from Kyungsoo's hand. "He's cute."

 

"Min, his name is Chen and not Kevin. Just do me a favor, give this to him and say that I have already swiped this at you." Kyungsoo snickered while shoving the ID on Xiumin's chest.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Xiumin blankly looked at Kyungsoo, trying so hard to understand Kyungsoo's puzzling words.

 

" Please just do it, Min." Kyungsoo grinned. 'You're going to thank me someday, Chen.'

 

All of them exited Kyungsoo's room together. Baekhyun who was walking out before Kyungsoo hurriedly came back again into the room which made him bump into Kyungsoo who was also heading in the same direction. "There's a present waiting for you at Chanyeol's table," Baekhyun said while wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Kyungsoo frowned while trying to peek through his door crack. He gasped when he saw Jongin sitting on Chanyeol's table, handling the phone call and jotting down something on the notebook. 'Chanyeol didn't...' He received an incoming message from his personal assistant telling him that he would be busy handling the file arrangement at the company’s archive around this week and Jongin better known as Kai would be helping Kyungsoo as his temporary personal assistant in place of Chanyeol. He started to curse when he remembered that Chanyeol already told him about this last week. He tried to grab Baekhyun who was too busy laughing at his pale face while holding on to his tummy.

 

"Come back here!" Kyungsoo snapped while trying to catch Baekhyun's shirt.

 

"I've got to go; I have so many letters to sort right now!" Baekhyun grinned while waving enthusiastically toward Jongin that was looking so lost while tapping gently on the tab screen.

 

Kyungsoo always thought that all his workers would usually avoid looking directly toward his face. But Jongin was the only worker who could stare directly into his eyes, sometimes the handsome clerk didn't even blink when their eyes met. Kyungsoo actually felt bothered and flustered at Jongin's gawking attitude. He really didn't know how to cope with the new gazing sensation. Jongin's eyes stabbed right into his soul. He couldn't talk properly when the handsome clerk stared directly into his eyes. Kyungsoo glanced again at Jongin who was biting his lower lip while scrolling over Chanyeol's digital planner.

 

"What's happening to me?" Kyungsoo sighed heavily. He pinched his cheeks to pull himself together, and bravely stood in front of Jongin after many times walking back into his room.

 

"Mr. Kyungsoo," Jongin quickly stood up and rushed to take his place beside Kyungsoo while holding on Chanyeol's digital planner in his hand. The handsome clerk innocently towering Kyungsoo who was shorter than him. He looked so serious while looking at Kyungsoo's schedule on the screen.

 

Kyungsoo flinched when Jongin's tall figure stood beside him. They were so close that he could smell his soothing cologne emitting from his well-built body. 'Why am I flinching? this is bad.' he mentally screamed.

 

'After years of being immortal, Mr. Medusa has finally found his kryptonite.'

 

---

 

"You have an appointment with Mr. Tanaka in 15 minutes. I think we should be going right now." Jongin said while opening the office door for Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo slowly nodded. He pursed his lips as he tried to avoid looking directly into Jongin's sharp eyes. He walked past the temporary personal assistant and quickly pushed the elevator button, purposely leaving Jongin behind.

 

They sat side by side in the car. Kyungsoo watched Jongin telling Mr. Kim, his personal driver, the restaurant address before the car started moving in the said direction. The atmosphere in the car was awkward. Kyungsoo never felt so stiff with other people before. He kept stealing glances at Jongin that seemed so lost looking at the road. He knew quite well that Jongin was not the type of person who talks a lot. The handsome clerk liked to quietly observe people's behavior instead.

 

The car stopped abruptly, causing Kyungsoo to slide off from his seat and nearly getting his face squashed on the driver seat. He looked down and saw Jongin's long arm sprawled across his chest, protecting him from the sudden impact.

 

"Are you alright, Mr. Kyungsoo?" Jongin asked worriedly, eyes busy scanning Kyungsoo's entire body.

 

Kyungsoo nodded. That was the only gesture that he could think of doing this whole day. He couldn't even breathe properly with Jongin's arms still resting on his not so broad chest.

 

"Wear your seatbelt," Jongin muttered as he buckled up Kyungsoo properly with a straight face.

 

Jongin could feel his face getting hotter when he realized what he did. He was so flustered that he really wanted to smack his own head right now. He had the guts to put his hands on Do Kyungsoo's chest? He was supposed to look professional and calm but he was so nervous to even smile at his boss. He thought that his smile would turn into a weird grin instead. Cursing mentally, he was not going to risk looking like that at his crush. 'Kyungsoo knows how to wear the seatbelt properly, why did you have to act like as if you wanted to move your hands all over his body? Dumb Jongin!' The temporary personal assistant grimaced. He regretted at his own attitude at his first day as Kyungsoo's personal assistant.

 

Scooting back to his spot, Jongin let out a heavy sigh as he read his team’s group messages. They were all busy typing words to obviously annoy him. But they started to cheer so loud when they knew that Chanyeol chose him to help manage Kyungsoo.

 

"Are you alright? You look so stressed out." Kyungsoo asked. He thought that they really need to get comfortable with each other because they would be working together for a while.

 

"I'm alright," Jongin answered as he shoved his phone into his pocket.

 

"I don't eat people for breakfasts so don’t trust every word coming out from Luhan's mouth, Jongin." Kyungsoo jokes. He chuckled, laughing pathetically at his own humor.

 

"I'm safe then." Jongin smiled.

 

---

 

Xiumin had been searching for Chen this whole morning. He even tried to find him at his workplace in the marketing department, earning him a judging stare and little whistling sound from the workers over there too. They were all so mischievous. No wonder Kyungsoo was having a hard time working with them.  

 

Chen just arrived at the building after he ended his appointment with one of his client. He walked into the building still with his helmet on his head, too lazy to even lift his hands to open the head protector from his skull. He gasped when he saw Xiumin was walking towards him in the hallway. The HR Department Head’s eyes were going wild while scanning all the people that walked on his path. He looked like as if he was searching for someone.

 

Chen happily smiled because he was so excited that he could bump with Xiumin again this morning. Xiumin looked so handsome and hot. He tried fixing his shirt, hoping that he would look presentable in front of the HR Department Head. Then he sighed when he realized that he would never be going to look good enough for Xiumin because this man was so over the top and he was way out of his league. He paused his steps and decided to run away.

 

Xiumin flashed his wide kitten-like smile as soon as he saw Chen. He recognized Chen's bumblebee colored helmet. He frowned when he realized that Chen was about to run away from him. "Kevin, I mean Chen!" he yelled. He patted Chen's ID that he kept inside his pocket and started chasing the helmet boy.

 

Chen panicked when he heard Xiumin’s loud voice. He scrambled to hide in the emergency stairs area. He was in a rush that he bumped in the stairs hard door. He was so glad that he was wearing his helmet, otherwise, he would have suffered a major concussion in his head.

 

"Oh my god, are you alright?" Xiumin shrieked while trying to pull Chen by his wrist to stop him from running away.

 

Chen quickly shook his head under his helmet. He knew that he looked so ridiculous with his big helmet on his head. He couldn’t risk pulling off his helmet right in front of Xiumin right now, fearing he would suffer an ugly helmet hair syndrome if he did.

 

"Let me help you with this." Xiumin firmly stated while his hands were busy trying to find ways of getting the helmet off from Chen’s head.  

 

Chen was so horrified thinking about how his face would look that he started to shook his head vigorously while trying to squirm away from Xiumin’s hard grip on his helmet.  

 

But of course, failed miserably in the end.

 

"There you are, how cute." Xiumin cooed. He helped to fix Chen's terrible hair with his own hand.  

 

Chen cried pathetically in his heart. He wanted to die. Xiumin should not see him liked this. He really wanted to jump from the building right now.  

 

"Why do you look so panicked? Is there something wrong?” Xiumin asked with a big frowned on his face.

 

“N-nothing,” Chen stuttered. He pursed his lips as he flinched away from Xiumin’s touches. He didn’t want to embarrass himself any longer, he needed to get away from there right now.

 

“Kyungsoo asked for my help to give you your ID back and he also said that he had already swiped it on me?” Xiumin said while staring at Chen’s red face. He didn’t even know what Kyungsoo actually meant but the weird words made Chen blushed.

 

“Thank you, I got to go now!” Chen bowed and ran away again, leaving behind Xiumin looking dumbfounded at the emergency door.

 

"Gosh, guess who I met again this morning?" Chen whined as he walked like a zombie and sat in his workplace area. He frowned when he didn't get any response from his other friends that he clearly saw gossiping in Luhan's cubicle. They were all laughing while clapping their hands like a mad seal.

 

"Guys, what are doing?" Chen stood up to peek at them. Yixing, Luhan, and Tao were looking at some funny video while munching on some nuts.

 

"Is that me?!" Chen shrieked. He clearly saw his figure slamming on the emergency door with helmet still on his head.

 

"Where did you get that?"

 

"One of Yixing's fanboy in CCTV room gave him this video." Luhan shrugged and continued doing his work, avoiding eye contact with angry Chen.  

 

"Did you really have to upload that video to our group chat room?" Chen whined while slamming his face on his work desk. They were all so insensitive and mean but he still loves them a lot. That was the main problem of Chen.   

 

"You're a unicorn who bathes in human blood every morning, Yixing!" Chen yelped, throwing a self-made ball of used paper and aiming it at Yixing's innocent face.

 

"Can't help it because the video is too tempting and it made everybody happy." Yixing chirped happily and wiggled his eyebrows at Chen. He then walked back to his cubicle with a very satisfied expression on his face.

 

---

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were back inside their car again after Kyungsoo's lunch appointment with Mr. Tanaka ended 15 minutes ago. The atmosphere in the car started to get awkward again.

 

 

Jongin began to make himself busy by looking through his tablet, remembering Kyungsoo’s hectic schedule inside his head and making sure that he didn’t miss out any of Kyungsoo's important appointment dates for that day.

 

Kyungsoo's owlish eyes wandered all over the place inside the car, except Jongin’s face. He didn’t have the gut to look directly at Jongin because of his piercing eyes staring back at him each time they were having a conversation, was getting too much to take for Kyungsoo so he refrained himself from talking to him as best as he could just to avoid eye contact thingy from happening between them. He was so glad when his phone started ringing; at least he didn’t seem stupid looking at the black screensaver on his phone for too long. He saw Jongin startled by the sudden noise and began focusing on him instead. Kyungsoo noticed Jongin’s eyes stuck gazing at his face when he picked up the phone call.  

 

‘, he is staring again!’ Kyungsoo mentally cursed, trying his best to maintain his flustered facial expression. He could feel his heartbeat getting wilder, pounding inside his ribcage and his fingers started to feel numb for being too cold because of his nervous state. He knew that he would slowly lose his usual stoic composure when Jongin kept on looking at him, unmoving, with his sharp eyes. ‘This is getting ridiculous; he needs to stop!’   

 

“Stop!” Kyungsoo yelled, feeling annoyed at himself for getting weak because of Jongin’s eyes. He was so glad that Mr. Lim, his experienced driver, didn’t flinch at the sudden request. He sighed in relief when the driver parked the car safely in the nearest parking area and Jongin finally stopped gawking at him.

 

“Mr. Kyungsoo?” Jongin frowned. He didn’t understand the reason behind Kyungsoo’s yelling outbreak. Kyungsoo looked perfectly fine when he was talking on the phone just now. He knew because he got so lost staring at his boss’s handsome face again.  

 

“I-I need some coffee.” Kyungsoo stuttered, trying to calm himself down. He hated the fact that he didn’t have the strength to control his own body. Jongin’s staring habit affected him so much that he could feel himself tremble just by Jongin’s gawking eyes.

 

“I’ll buy it for you.” Jongin smiled, eyes starting to wander outside their car, searching for the nearest coffee shop around their parking area.   

 

“I can go there by myself.” Kyungsoo murmured and quickly got out from the car even before he could hear Jongin’s next words.

 

---

 

"I hope you like this coffee flavor," Kyungsoo said while sipping his own coffee and shoving the extra coffee cup that he was holding in his other hand to Jongin. He was so glad that he could finally breathe properly after the quick trip to the coffee shop.

 

"Oh...thank you Mr. Kyungsoo but I rarely drink inside the car because I'm clum...sy," Jongin hissed when the hot coffee liquid accidentally spilled on his white dress shirt due to his slippery hands and it scalded his skin.

 

"I-I'm so sorry!" Kyungsoo gasped, suddenly feeling bad for buying coffee for Jongin. He quickly grabbed the coffee cup away from Jongin’s hand.  

 

“I walked passed one of the clothing stores beside the coffee shop, we can buy a new shirt for you from there,” Kyungsoo suggested.

 

“Alright,” Jongin quickly agreed because he didn’t like to appear messy and feel sticky. He liked to be seen proper and professional all the time, especially when he was with his handsome boss Mr. Kyungsoo.

 

---

 

Both of them walked into the clothing shop and headed straight into the changing room. Jongin was quite stunned when Kyungsoo just followed him inside one of the changing rooms and started to help him shed away his clothes.   

 

"Strip," Kyungsoo ordered with a very straight face. Gasping, he realized that he made a big mistake judging by the dumbfounded look on Jongin’s gawking face staring back at him.  

 

"Gosh…I-I, I mean...your clothes, shed your clothes off. I'm going to go and find new clothes for you to wear." Kyungsoo shook his head, baffled with his own choice of words. He was embarrassing himself again.

 

Kyungsoo wanted to run away and hide because of the embarrassment that he had to face right now. How could he be so careless by entering in the same cubicle with Jongin and asking him to strip in front of him? He blamed Baekhyun for developing this habit of ‘going into a small changing room together with your friend when shopping for clothes.’

 

Baekhyun loves shopping and he always takes Kyungsoo along with him. One time, Baekhyun pushed Kyungsoo into the changing room and started to strip in front of him until he was only left with one piece of underwear on his body and Kyungsoo had to watch his best friend try on so many clothes that he almost puked looking at him.

 

Panicking, he rushed out of the changing room and started to dial his friend’s number.

 

“Baekhyun…help me!” Kyungsoo whined while holding on to his phone with his dear life. He needed someone to talk to before he could face Jongin again.

 

“Soo? What is it?” Baekhyun answered half-heartedly.

 

“I’ve become squishy…and it’s your fault!” Kyungsoo snapped. He wanted to yell, but thinking that Jongin would come running to him with a very concerned face, he chose not to.

 

“But you are squishy,” Baekhyun stated.  

 

“Shut up!” Kyungsoo yelped. He ended their phone conversation when Kyungsoo saw Jongin getting out from the changing room, with his bare upper body, eyes wildly searching for him inside the shop.

 

---

 

After gathering back his shattered pride on the floor, Kyungsoo puffed his cheeks and went inside the cubicle again, holding on few pairs of clothing that were similar to Jongin's dirty dress shirt.

 

"Your shirt is quite expensive and this shop is not up to that par but I'll try my best to find something that is similar to it," Kyungsoo said while giving the new shirt to Jongin to try on. His naughty eyes couldn't stop peeking at Jongin's beautiful tan skin and well-sculpted body while Jongin was trying the shirt on. He decided to enjoy Jongin's private show. Too bad he couldn't take pictures of this glorious sight and continued to ogle at it instead for a very long time.

 

"It's alright, I got that shirt from my part-time job when I modeled for their brand." Jongin shrugged while trying to wipe away the sticky coffee stain on his abs using his bare hands.

 

"Use this." Kyungsoo murmured. He stepped closer to Jongin and began wiping the already dried coffee liquid on Jongin's chest and stomach with wet tissue that he got from the store’s salesperson. He paused his action when he realized that Jongin was staring at him with a very wide smile on his face.

 

Jongin was a very ticklish person, especially on his stomach area. He wanted to push Kyungsoo's hand away and laugh out loud, but he had to hold it in because Kyungsoo looked so adorable with his focused face and a perfect heart-shaped lip pout while he was doing his job. His expensive perfume almost made Jongin drooled. 'Why do the other workers avoid looking at you? You're a very beautiful mythical creature, Mr. Medusa.’

 

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo blushed, quickly pulling his hands away from rubbing Jongin's abs. The skin got so red because of Kyungsoo's attentive touch. He was harassing the poor boy’s skin. 'That is too much for taking advantage, desperate Kyungsoo.'

 

"Cute." Jongin blurted. The words just slipped out of his mouth when he saw Kyungsoo's flustered face.

 

"What?" Kyungsoo frowned, body frozen, too bewildered because of the sudden bold compliment that he got from Jongin.

 

“You’re cute.” Jongin smiled and repeated his words while staring at Kyungsoo’s flustered face. Mr. Medusa’s bewildered face was so adorable but he couldn’t continue admiring it when Kyungsoo threw piles of clothes right on his face.   

 

“Let’s go, we are getting late,” Kyungsoo grumbled, pulling Jongin by his wrist, exiting together from the small changing room and walked straight to the cashier counter.    

 

 

“I’ll take him.” Kyungsoo pointed his finger towards Jongin that was gawking back at him while holding on the pile of clothes in his arms.   

 

“T-the shirts. He’ll take these shirts.” Jongin corrected Kyungsoo’s sentence and flashed his smile to the beautiful cashier that was giggling when she heard his boss’s wrong choice of words.  

 

“Y-yes only the shirts, not him.” Kyungsoo blushed while cursing inside his head. His mouth and heart were never in sync when it involved Jongin. ‘Is Jongin up for sale? Where can I buy Jongin?’

 

“All of these?” Jongin gasped while still hugging the clothes close to his chest, weighing it inside his head before placing it on the counter. There were 7 pieces of shirts of different designs and colors, including the white shirt that Jongin wore earlier inside the changing room.

 

“Yes.” Kyungsoo deadpanned. He really didn’t like repeating his words all over again, especially when the words could make him blush like a red tomato. Jongin should accept the clothes without making any further comments that could upset his pride.    

 

“But…” Jongin bit his bottom lip and refrained himself from talking further when he saw Kyungsoo’s scowling face. Jongin knew the face that Kyungsoo makes when he gets annoyed, so he decides to just stay silent this time.   

 

The cashier started scanning all the shirts and stopped while pointing to Jongin’s white shirt. “I need to scan the price tag so let me remove it from your shirt.” The cashier smiled and stepped closer to Jongin, who looked like a puppy who was chasing his own tail while busy finding the price tag by himself.  

 

“No need, I’ll get it for you,” Kyungsoo said as he slipped his hand under Jongin’s shirt, roaming his palm on Jongin’s back while moving up to his neck. Kyungsoo’s breath hitched when his fingers brushed on Jongin’s soft skin. He tugged the shirt’s price tag from the collar and quickly pulled his hand out from Jongin’s back. ‘You’re harassing him again!’

 

Jongin was so shocked by the sudden act of Kyungsoo. He automatically started to wiggle free from Kyungsoo’s ticklish touch and tried suppressing his laughter because Kyungsoo’s cold fingers were caressing his body again.

 

“Here is the price tag,” Kyungsoo said while placing the warm price tag on the counter. He tried so hard to stay poker-faced while averting his own eyes from meeting with Jongin’s and hid his trembling fingers inside his pant’s pocket. Touching Jongin’s bare skin was already bad enough for his health; he was now getting addicted to it.

 

“You don’t have to pay for all of these shirts.” Jongin frowned. He had to pull Kyungsoo closer to his side in order to lean down and place his lips closer to Kyungsoo’s ear and whisper as he didn’t want the cashier to hear their ridiculous conversation. He didn’t want Kyungsoo to feel offended by his words.  

 

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo snapped. Honestly, he didn’t want to sound so harsh but Jongin’s soft breath on his neck and ear was making him crazy already. He couldn’t trust his mental state at this point by saying something other than those words, heck he could not recall his home address right now.   

 

"Mr. Kyungsoo, you didn't have to buy all these shirts  for me." Jongin sighed while holding the big shopping bag in both of his hands.

 

"Let's go, I'm getting late for my next appointment," Kyungsoo said while eyeing at Jongin's ed shirt and messy hair. The temporary personal assistant was gawking at him again with an unsatisfied face and plump pouty lips.

 

"I'm late, Jongin." Kyungsoo groaned while trying to help Jongin button up his shirt properly. Jongin's bare chest was distracting so hiding it was the best way for him to stay focus while talking to Jongin.

 

"I-I'm sorry, you look so messy so I'm just trying to help. Sorry once again." Kyungsoo gasped when he realized his touchy action towards Jongin again.

 

"You're getting late for your next appointment, Mr. Kyungsoo." Jongin smiled.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was on a mission to collect some information about the company, starting back from two years ago and the company archive was the perfect place for him to get that. He walked inside the archive room but got startled when he saw Chanyeol sitting on the floor, looking so tired while compiling some files on the floor with a pouty lip and a small bun tied on his head, preventing his long bangs from disturbing his eyes.  

 

"I need to find this file; this is the approval letter.” Baekhyun cleared his throat and tapped the counter to get Chanyeol’s attention. He really wanted to tease Chanyeol, but he didn’t have the mood for it right now. Something was bothering his tired mind.   

 

Chanyeol was so stunned when he saw Baekhyun looking so serious with his thin lips pressed into a straight line and dark eyes staring back at him. He looked so handsome.

 

"Hmm…It’s on the third rack. Over there...but can you reach it?" Chanyeol asked. He didn’t mean to be rude, but the files were quite hard to reach, even for his long legs.  

 

Baekhyun shrugged, he didn't have the mood to reply to Chanyeol’s question. He stood right in front of the said shelves while scratching his head, silently blaming himself for being too short and hate drinking milk since he was a little kid. He grabbed a small stool beside the counter and tried reaching out to the file himself while tiptoeing on the shaky stool surface. He flinched when the small stool started to shake because of his weight.

 

"Careful!" Chanyeol yelled and ran to stop Baekhyun from falling down on the floor. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist but hissed in pain because the piles of thick files fell down on his head instead.

 

"Your forehead!" Baekhyun shrieked while placing his palms on Chanyeol’s forehead as he tried getting down from the stool.  

 

"Gosh...I’m sorry...I’m sorry.” Baekhyun panicked while pulling Chanyeol down to sit on the nearest chair.  

 

"Am I bleeding?" Chanyeol asked, slowly tracing his fingers on his aching forehead and stared at his shaky hands. There was blood smeared on his fingers and Chanyeol hated blood. Gasping, Chanyeol gawked at Baekhyun with a very pale face before letting out a pitiful whine and fainted in Baekhyun's arms.

 

                                                                            ---

 

Chanyeol woke up while lying flat on the floor, staring blankly at the room ceiling. Groaning, he carefully wiped his fingers on the aching spot on his forehead, hoping and praying that the blood would not come off, but slightly frowned when the bruised area was already covered with a little bandage. He grimaced when he felt few other bandages plastered on the bridge of his nose and pinky finger too.

 

"This is too much." Chanyeol murmured and quickly sat on the floor, eyes busy searching for Baekhyun’s whereabouts. He saw Baekhyun looking so gloomy while sitting on the floor with crossed legs, back resting on the shelves and holding a big file on his lap. Too lazy to stand up, Chanyeol crawled toward him and silently sat beside the sad looking boy.

 

"Oh...you're awake? Did you have fun making a snow angel on our office floor? I'm sorry that I couldn't join you, my back might hurt." Baekhyun shrugged and continued looking at the stack of papers on his lap.

 

"You just left me sprawled on the floor? I hurt my forehead but what's this?" Chanyeol scowled while pointing to the small bandages on his nose and finger.

 

"You looked cute with these new cartoon bandages, so I put a few more just to satisfy my eyes. I always carry these bandages around with me because I get injured a lot." Baekhyun explained as he patted Chanyeol's cheek.

 

"Just feasting your eyes, huh? What am I? Some kind of food to you?" Chanyeol snapped, eyes glaring at Baekhyun's red face. Baekhyun's words were annoying but Chanyeol knew that he was trying to hide his true feelings from him.

 

"Why are you crying?" Chanyeol asked while trying to peek at Baekhyun's face. He had never seen people cry while staring at the company’s old files before. Baekhyun was an oddball, a very mysterious one indeed. "Don't cry, let's go out for lunch. I'll buy you ice cream."

 

---

 

"Mr. Soo, are you dating your new secretary?" Baekhyun smirked while poking Kyungsoo's shoulder with his phone. He almost choked on his food when he saw Jongin's latest IG update while he was having lunch with Chanyeol at their office cafeteria. Jongin in the picture was smiling so wide with his messy hair, showing a peace sign while wearing a white shirt with bare chest, showing his beautiful tan skin that peeked through his ed shirt. In that picture, someone’s also got accidentally captured behind him. Baekhyun knew the owner of the so well because the pant looked so familiar to him. He was so sure that the pant belongs to Kyungsoo.

 

“What? No!" Kyungsoo snapped while his hands were busy flipping through the piles of paperwork on his large table, pretending to be busy.

 

“Don't lie that’s your , right?” Baekhyun snickered while pointing to his phone screen. Kyungsoo could fool anyone else but him. He remembered every inch of Kyungsoo’s body because they once had a great chemistry together in the past.     

 

"That's me." Kyungsoo gasped and harshly grabbed Baekhyun's phone from the owner's hand. He looked so busy in the picture, collecting piles of clothes on the floor.

 

"H-he has many fans?" Kyungsoo shrieked when he saw a number of likes at Jongin's picture. The temporary personal assistant looked so hot in every picture that he posted on his IG.

 

"Well, yes...he's handsome and also a part-time model. what do you expect? Of course, he's popular but the question is, what are you doing in there with him? He has never posted pictures of any boy before." Baekhyun snickered while his fingers tapped on Kyungsoo's table patiently waited for his answer.  

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter