Who are you?

Love Letters to Captain Song (HIATUS)

WOOBIN observing Jisoo who was busy cuddling with their mommy and daddy. His sister is a spoiled child. Although she is now twenty-three years old and has graduated from one of the leading universities in the country, she is still not able to parted with her family. Mommy told him that Jisoo will return to their home every week even though his sister was staying in university's hostel. Sometimes Woobin feels worried if his sister could not live away from them later. Military exercises that Jisoo have to face is not in a short period of  time, it's approximately six months! And not every week Jisoo can go home as the military rule was relatively tight. As far as he knows, military personnel is only allowed to go home when there were holidays. Sometimes if they have a funeral of their own family member to attend, they can't attend it as they have subjected to the military rule. He knows it because he has one of his friends who is now a member of the military services.


 
"You're going to write us a letter when you are free, aren't you?" Mr. Kim said casually as he hugged his daughter's shoulder who were busy blowing snot on her handkerchief after finished crying. She's crying because she was sad. Who is not sad anyway? For the following six months later she will live far away from her family and it makes her think for a moment ... How must she continue her daily life without seeing her parents and Woobin's face? Moreover, all kinds of gadget and communication's tools will be banned during the training period starting from tomorrow. Jisoo suddenly breathes out a deep sigh. Oh, my mental...


 
" Mommy and daddy do not have to worry. I will write the letter as long as possible! If possible, the length must be from our home until to this military base."
 


"What's the point of writing such a long letter? Wasting pen's ink only... Kim Jisoo, you should know that wasting is a bad practice and I didn't teach you to waste things." Suddenly Woobin giving special talks to her sister. Mr. and Mrs. Kim had a chuckle to hear the words of their older son.
 


"I don't care. I just wanna write as long as I want. In that way, I can express how much I miss mommy and daddy as I wish. Am I right mommy and daddy? "
 


The married couple smiles at the words of their youngest child. Woobin just grinned before suddenly asking Jisoo a question.


 
"How about me? Don't you want to write a letter to me too?"


 
"Nope, because you live abroad and the cost to post a letter abroad was already expensive so I will not write a letter to you. Unless you want to write a letter to me. But somehow, I'm thinking about  writing a love letter to any handsome soldier than writing a letter to you. And who knows they will reply my letter and wants to be my boyfriend? Then mommy and daddy will have a soldier as their son in law."
 


Woobin already laughing. "Oh, no wonder you looks so happy and motivated earlier...could it be that you have fallen in love with one of the staff here, right?"
 

 
Jisoo started to cover her red cheeks with her palms. Gosh, how can Woobin know my intention?  Jisoo turns her gazes toward her parents. Mr. and Mrs. Kim had looked up to her and shook their head while still giggling. Presumably, they laugh because they didn't ever think the girls have agreed to join the army forces just because she has fallen in love with one of the army officers here.
 


"Both of you, don't  believe what Woobin said just now. He was just joking around." Said Jisoo, trying to cover line what his brother said earlier.
 


"I don't think it's wrong if what your brother joking earlier is true. You know what Jisoo, mommy now craving to have a soldier as my son in law"


 
" OMG mommy, is it a sign that I will be an older sister soon?"


 
"What are you talking about, Jisoo?" Mrs. Kim frowns, can't understand what her daughter said just now. Woobin and her husband already cover their mouth to keep their laugh that will erupt anytime soon.


 
Jisoo scratching her head that suddenly feels itching. "Didn't mommy said that mommy craving just now, right? Only pregnant lady feels that way...I mean, they always craving for something." She asked with her naive face.


 
Mrs. Kim slaps her forehead gently. She didn't know that  Jisoo could be this naive. Yet she had turned to see her husband and the older son who were still trying to hold back their laugh. Hilarious? It's funny. How could a woman in her fifties seem to get pregnant and give birth to another child? Yes, there is a woman who was about her age but it contains so very rare. It's like a miracle when fathers were aged almost seventy years of pregnancy. But such a miracle will not happen to her because she had menopause which prevents her from getting pregnant again.
 


"Oh, Jisoo. You almost make fart's vein cut off earlier. For your information, your mommy already monopod , that's why she can't pregnant."
 


Err daddy, it's menopause, not monopod. Monopod is something that people use when they want to take selfies ." Said Woobin while trying to show his serious face but actually, deep down in his heart, he was laughing out loud at his father's words earlier. Jisoo and Mrs. Kim was busy laughing. How funny.

 

"How could you equalise me with a monopod?",Mrs. Kim asking her husband and began to facepalm.

 


Mr. Kim, who realize his tongue's mistake slowly grinning. With his macho face, he turns his head to look at Woobin's face and said, "I say it on purpose to see whether you're alert  with what I was going to say or not."
 

* * * * *
 


AFTER the end of the registration session, Jisoo, and the other cadets were taken to their dorm. Thus began her journey with other female cadets to the dorm which is approximately fifteen minutes from the headquarters of the military base. The male cadet's dorm is farther from the female's dorm. By the way, Jisoo were able to take a look at male cadets during the registration session earlier. And surprisingly most of them were handsome! Oh God, is this what people said as luck? Lol . But she can't find the mysterious man who gave her tissues earlier. 

 

Ah, maybe that man is not a new cadet like her. Maybe he just came to give encouragement to his sister or brother here. 

 

Maybe.
 


After the registration sessions, there is officers and staff who had been introduced as their coach. According to the emcee who Jisoo know as Captain Koo Junhoe, new cadets enrolled today was a total of five hundred people and all the cadets are divided into ten squads of fifty members. And Jisoo also placed in the Alpha squad. But she did not know how her company's officer face looks like because according to Captain Koo Junhoe, Alpha's officials cannot come due to certain reasons. What Jisoo know, her officer's name is Captain Song Mino. 
* Company - team

 


"Ah, what a waste! How wonderful my life here would be if he is also a new cadet like me. In that way, I can look at his handsome face every day."Jisoo grumbled alone while she takes a sip of her warm coffee. She is enjoying her dinner in the cafeteria at the moment. Daddy, mommy, and her brother had gone home, making her feel lonely without a friend. And now, it's nine o' clock. Currently, all the cadets were given time to do their own activities. Earlier, she actually tried to start a conversation with one of her roommates but failed because her roommate was busy unpack their things.


 
"Hi! Can I sit here my dearest roommate?"


 
Jisoo looked up when she heard someone talking to her, making her lips began to smile widely.
 


"Hey! Sit down, do not be shy. Make yourself at home." Said Jisoo with gentle mannerisms. How happy she is when her roommate that she does not know who her name is sitting in front of her now.


 
"Wow, I did not expect a feminine lady like you're in the army! By the way , I'm Lee Halla but just call me Halla. Nice to meet you! I'm sorry if I ignored you earlier, I tends to ignore people around me when I'm busy tidy things up. Theehee . "Halla lend her right hand to Jisoo as a sign of greeting. Jisoo quickly receive Halla's outreach as her lips began to say something.


 
"I'm Kim Jisoo, you can call me Jisoo. Nice to meet you, Halla. Ah , okay. I understand. I see how busy were you earlier. Umm..do I look too feminine?" Asked Jisoo.

 

Halla quickly smiles as she replied," Yes , you look feminine. Just looking at how you sit now. So feminine.", as she herself watching Jisoo's sitting style. Jisoo's sitting style looks so feminine as she crosses her legs, contrary to Halla's sitting style which straddled like a man. Fortunately, she had a charming face. Otherwise, there may be no men who want to ask her for a date.

 


Jisoo merely grinned when she realized Halla is observing her sitting style. What can she do, since childhood she had behaved that way. She never once sat straddled like what she saw on the girl in front of her now.
 


" Err Halla, you really like sitting with your legs straddled widely like that? Isn't a lady like you should sit like how a lady supposed to sit?" 

 


 "Don't mind me, Jisoo. I love sitting like this. Moreover...a sweet women can't be determined by how the way she sits, but the way she carried herself around the people, the way she communicates and so on. Ah..sorry. Gotta to go now. Nature calls! "
 


Jisoo just chuckled to see Halla who's already run out from the cafeteria to go to the toilet. She then goes back to her eating activity before suddenly realized there's someone's shadow in front of her now, which makes the girl frowns a bit. At first, she thought Halla who is standing in front of her now but Halla has just come out earlier. Hmm..  For the second time, she looked up to see who is standing in front of her now...which make her unintentionally raises her eyebrows as a sign she can't believe what her eyes seeing right now.
 

 

"Can I sit here, dear?" A deep yet manly voice asking Jisoo with a soft smile on his lips. And believe it or not, half of the girl's heart had melted when her eyes saw the mystery man's smile. She seemed still cannot believe what she saw just now until that man suddenly waving his hand in front of her eyes. Oh God, is this a dream?
 

 

" Su-sure..."
 

 

"Alone?"
 

 

"Do you see someone besides me, mister?"

 


" Well, I'm just asking ." Said the man as his eyes keep looking at Jisoo's pretty face, who is now busy enjoying her coffee. Jisoo is not aware of his gaze still busy enjoying her coffee, until up to one moment, she suddenly remembers something.
 


"Ah, the tissue! Well, here's your tissue."


 
That man had chuckled at Jisoo as she lends him a small pack of the same tissue which he gave to her this afternoon. The man slowly shook his head, feeling amused by Jisoo's acts.


 
"Nah, you can keep those tissue. Who knows, you will need those tissues during your training?" said the man, giving back those tissues to Jisoo's hand.


 
"May I know who are you? Are you a new intake cadets too?"
 


Even before the man wants to answer Jisoo's question, suddenly a man who looked a bit like the mystery man in front of the girl appeared while his hand carrying a luggage. It feels like he just finished register himself as he holds a blue bag similar to that Jisoo received when she registered earlier. The blue bag has a military rule book and some issues item like the uniform, socks, towels and so on. The mystery man frowns a bit as his eyes keep staring at both of them.
 


"Excuse me, can I borrow this man for awhile? I need to talk with him now." Said another mysterious man with a smile. Jisoo just shook her head as she watches both of them stepped into a corner and began talking to each other.
 


"Wow, is that man is his brother? How could both of them be handsome as hell? If I could have both of them as my boyfriend, I will definitely do that."Said Jisoo as her eyes still busy observes those man. What a realize that her brother is not here. If Woobin heard her words just now, this is what he would say to her:
 


"Kim Jisoo, I did not teach you to be greedy! As a human, we are being banned for being greedy. If you want to get a boyfriend, try to seek for a handsome man like me. Let's say there're many men who want you as their girlfriend, you could just pick one of them. Don't ever try to have many boyfriends! And that man must be a gentleman, generous and also romantic man...like me."
 


"Hello miss? Are you okay?"
 


" Huh?"
 


Jisoo blinking her eyes when someone poked her shoulder. Then she turned to the door.The mystery man was standing with his baggage. Huh, where is my tissue men?
 


"You were searching for my brother? He has to go because there are things that  he should take care of. Are you a new cadet too? Oh, by the way, I'm Song Yuvin."
 


Jisoo breathe out a small sigh, feeling disappointed that she wasn't able to know that men's name. If  only Yuvin didn't barge into their conversation earlier, then she will know who is that man's name. Maybe next time they'll meet here. Or maybe she can obtain his personal information from Yuvin...LOL
 


"Yup...I'm Kim Jisoo from Alpha's company. Nice to meet you, Yuvin." 

 


Yuvin suddenly chuckles. "Alpha? I never thought we were a team. I was placed in Alpha's company too... By the way, how did you know my brother?"
 


The girl in front of Yuvin has just grinned and shook her head. Do you know? Of course not. Jisoo herself doesn't even know his name yet. But if there's an opportunity for her to get to know the man, she really want it! 
 


"I don't know him. He just happens to help me earlier... and I wasn't able to thank him when you came in. That's it."
 


"Oh really? Ah, never mind. Tomorrow he will come here again so you will have maaaaaaanny opportunity to thank him later." Yuvin said with a smile that could not be interpreted by Jisoo. Is that a smile that can be categorized as cynical or a smile without any meaning? Ah, just forget about Yuvin's smile. Jisoo is more excited thinking about tomorrow. The day which she will meet again with the man who slowly makes her heart melted, which makes her forget that tomorrow is also the day she will begin her training as a cadet officer!