First Day!

Love Letters to Captain Song (HIATUS)

 

KIM JISOO is staring at a cup of coffee that is served in front of her eyes while heaving a small sigh. Actually, that sigh can be considered as one big sigh because she is now being hit by a very big problem. In front of her now is sitting a man in his fifties with his serious expression on his handsome face. That man now is staring at her while taking a sip of his coffee.

 

"Daddy, how could you register my name in army force when you already know how my nature is? Do you realize that your act can be classified as a trial to break the law of nature? I am not going to the army, daddy!"

 

"Please, my daughter, stop thinking nonsense. My request is not that bad. I just want you to join the army and I do this because I care about you."Her daddy, Mr. Kim replied with his stern expression on his face. He is not satisfied with his daughter answer just now. There's a certain reason why he wants to send his beloved daughter to join the army. He had four children and Jisoo is the only daughter he had. The other child is all men. Moreover, Jisoo is the youngest, that's why Mr. Kim loves her more than his other child. But being the beloved child of her daddy can't make Jisoo change her daddy's decision to send her to the army force.

 

"If you care about me, you will never ever think to send me into the army! You know how weak I am, daddy? Don't you remember how was my school life back then? Every time I'm back home from school, you and mommy would always surprised to see how dirty my school uniform because of my classmate doings? Do you know how often I slept with tears in my eyes because I keep thinking how I will boast about my school days to my child soon when those memories are not even sweet to remember? With my nature, with those hardcore military training that will make myself always collapse...can you ever imagine how I will survive there? And daddy, look at your only daughter that full with beautiful and feminine traits... Do you want all that traits lost because I join the army? So daddy, please...don't send me to the army. I'm begging you..."Jisoo still trying to persuade her daddy. She really trying hard to convince her daddy by doing some kind of aegyos she learned from the internet, hoping that her daddy will forget his request.

 

Jisoo actually was confused. Before this, she just looked and laughed at her brothers who are leaving the house because they were required to join the army for two years. Yes, every young man in South Korea is required to join the army for two years with the aim of fostering the love of country...supposedly. And now, it's her turn to follow her brothers step to be in the army. What the heck? Why would the woman have to join this kind of things? Didn't it's men jobs to protect the country and women's jobs are to support and give them courage at the back?

 

Mr. Kim shaking his head after hearing her daughter's reasons. There are always reasons the girl manage to think to avoid executing his requests. Then that man turned to his right side when he feels someone is sitting next to him. Suddenly, his lips began to smile. His wife came in with his favorite chocolate cake!

 

Mrs. Kim grins at the reaction of her husband who is already taking a piece of chocolate cake, put it on a plate and start enjoying it. She knew the temperament of her husband who really loves her chocolate cake. If one day his husband did not eat her cake, he will be tired and didn't have any spirit to do anything. And whether she like it or not, she had to bake a cake every day for her husband. But she did not care to do so because she knew her husband really love cakes that she baked. It's a good thing too, at least she knew he recognizes her talent in baking cakes. Otherwise,why would her husband be willing to support her efforts to open a cake shop in the capital?

 

Jisoo watching her father's behavior with a smile on her lips. In fact, she was laughing secretly in her heart because she knew her father would quickly forget whatever he was talking about as soon as he enjoyed the chocolate cake that was made by her mother. And that means she will not join the army! Yahoooo!

 

"Jisoo, mommy hope you just follow your one and only daddy's request." Now, it's the mother turn to persuade her daughter. Mrs. Kim keeps staring at her daughter's beautiful face in front of her who is biting her own lips as a sign of  distress. It's because of Jisoo actually more obedient to the words of his mother than his father. If she thinks again, almost all requests from her mother she fulfilled it without any hesitation. Perhaps because her mother is more firm and strict than her father.

 

"But mommy...didn't I have to pass their physical test before being accepted to their service?"Jisoo asking her mother with a frown formed on her forehead. Her mother quickly shakes her head as she replied. "No honey. For your information, your daddy registers your name in a military-based program made by the government in order to implement nationalism in each of the participant's heart and their targets of participants is youth, new generation people like you. Well, from what I know, that program are based on the military system but it's training are not-so-stern and hard as the real army. I mean...you will not be facing real military training that we always heard how hardcore it is. You will just experience about twenty percent of it. Do you get what I was talking about, sweety?"

 

That young lady just nods her head as a sign that she understand what her mother talking about just now. She knows both of her parents want her to join that program to change her nature, to make her realize that she can be born as a new person. But deep in her heart, she still refuses to accept her father's request. That request sounds just ridiculous for her to carry out.

 

Mr. Kim who had done enjoying his cake slowly wiping his lips with his handkerchief that he take out from his pant's pocket and began to look at his beloved daughter. "Anyway my dear, whether you like it or not, you must join this program. Try it first...and if you can't bear with it, you can talk to me and quit it. Because like mommy said earlier, this program is just a military-based program and you're not joining the real army. That's why daddy was brave enough to register your name in this program last week."

 

Jisoo takes a deep breath and starts thinking about what her daddy said just now. If what was her daddy said is true, especially about quitting the program if she can't bear with it, then she will probably join it. Because she actually thinks that she can't quit that program  or maybe the army side will forbid her from quitting if she decides to take part in it. Now that she know the truth, she might take and do her daddy's request without any problem. Moreover, isn't it good for her to try new things? Besides, she will make more new friends by joining the program.

 

Well...looks like Jisoo's mind slowly got persuade by her parents little by little and become more optimistic!

 

Suddenly, the three of them heard the sound of someone opening the main door. The sounds of clatter shoe stepped into the house caught their attention and then come in a handsome man in his pilot uniform with one of his hand carrying a bag, making Jisoo who is sitting on her chair unintentionally stand up with a happy face.

 

"Woobin Oppa!"

 

"Jisoo? My baby, is that you?"Asked the man with a puzzled look, putting the bag he was carrying on the table. He walked to the living room where Jisoo and his parents are, standing in front of Jisoo and began to pinch his younger sister's cheeks.

 

"My baby Jisoo had grown up! You have grown so tall and beautiful. Geez, I can't believe my cute little sister had grown up and become this pretty. Come here, I want to hug you as much as I want."

 

Kim Woobin is Jisoo's brother and the eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. Kim. When Jisoo was little, he always helped his mother by taking care of his youngest sister until she entered high school. And then they split up because Woobin studying abroad in the field of aviation. Upon graduation, he worked abroad as a pilot in an airline. And for sure, the man rarely have the opportunity to come back home because of his compact schedule. As for Jisoo, this is the first time she met her eldest brother after six years. Woobin actually has come home for certain holidays once, but on that time Jisoo also busy with her studies at the university. Motivation camp, the university's program and so on. That's why Woobin almost did not recognize her youngest sister who is now grown up to be a very beautiful girl.

 

"Oppa, I miss you so much!" Jisoo replied happily while being hugged in the arms of her brother. They are a pair of siblings that are really close, that's why both of them is not ashamed to hug each other. And they both equally not so close with their two other siblings, namely Seokjin, the second and also Jongin, the third one. Maybe because both of them always bullying Jisoo and Woobin as the one who always acts as the savior of his little sister almost every time.

 

"They are making drama scene again." Said the father who was shaking his head at the antics action between Jisoo and Woobin. He wondered why the relationship of those two was too close compared to their relationship with the two other siblings which was not as close as he hopes.

 

Mrs. Kim smiles while saying, "Come on dear, just let them be. You know right that they haven't met for years because of our Woobin study and works abroad?"

 

Mr. Kim nodded his head as he watched those two who are still hugging each other.

 

* * * * *

 

A heavy sigh escaped from Jisoo's mouth. While sighing, she brings with her luggage  that containing her personal belongings. Her parents suddenly disappeared into the toilet, Woobin also disappeared from her sight and she doesn't know where is he now. Suddenly Jisoo feels like  want to swearing. She is already tired of pulling her luggage and now she was left without anyone besides her. If she is now at the shopping complex, she will at least going for window shopping alone. Or eat at a restaurant. But now she is at a military base, an unfamiliar place for him. She was only able to remain silent when the military base personnel observing her who is walking with her pink luggage around the main office. She actually was a bit afraid when the handsome men in their military uniform observe her from afar because they look like they are watching their enemy in the battlefield!

 

Jisoo stopped walking and standing near a stair beside the main office. She pulled out her smartphone from her jeans' pocket and began dialing her father's number. After dialing five times without reply, she dialed her mother's number. And neither of them reply! Jisoo has been more furious but she tries to calm down. Breath in breath out, she hissed to herself as she began to dial Woobin's number. As she dialed she recalled a conversation she and the man the other day. Conversation tucked some advice and words of encouragement that makes her ego fell. And the girl crouched ego means he agreed to meet papa and mama.

 

"Baby, if we do not try that thing, we will never know what the pros and cons ... So you should  try to go first to the army forces, feel and earn experience as a soldier. Believe in yourself with hope and confidence! "

 

To be honest Jisoo's little heart was disturbed by his brother's words. Mixed unspoiled actually touched.  Her eldest brother was really good, always only give advice and support until the end. His personality really contrasts to the other two brothers who only bullying her. But fortunately, her other brothers, Seokjin and Jongin now work and live away from Seoul. If both of them are here to send her to the camp, Jisoo definitely will never feel calm because they certainly will do anything to weaken her mental.

 

"Oh my God,  where the hell is everyone? They are not answering call me!" That poor girl has begun to feel annoyed as she persistently dialing the number. Her heart was suddenly hit by a sense of unrest. What if daddy, mommy, and his brother had left her alone here? For real? Okay, Jisoo understand if mommy, daddy, and her brother had left her there to be independent by making her register her name in the list of new military cadet entrance but how come they left her just like that without saying goodbye?

 

Jisoo knees suddenly felt weak as she suddenly sitting on a nearby bench. Her eyes have started to break in tears. Sadly, only God knows how she feels now. Well , who is not sad if their family left without a word? She did not like being left and alone. But she did not realize that her actions are actually being watched by someone.

 

" Need a tissue?"

 

Jisoo frowned. She wonders for awhile as she starts questioning herself about who is kindly greeted her today just now? The girl looked up to see who greeted her. The girl glued for awhile when her eyes saw a man in front of her now, who is offering her a small packet of tissue with a smile on his lips.

 

"Are you okay, miss?" Asked a handsome tall man in front of Jisoo who is in a navy blue shirt matched with a pair of slacks and black blazer as well as a pair of  black aviator sunglasses on his face.  What a handsome man...who is he by the way? Is he also one of the new cadets?

 

"Huh? .. I'm okay! Just okay!"

 

"Are you sure miss?  Because I do think you're not in a good health. Want me to take you to the nearby clinic?"

 

Somehow Jisoo heart suddenly skipped a beat when she caught a sight of worries ripples that emerge on the man's forehead. Then both of them looked at each other for a long time.

 

"No mister, I'm just okay. Actually, I'm waiting for my family." Said Jisoo, although she does not know the whereabouts of her family members now.

 

" Are you perhaps...a new intake cadet too?"

 

Jisoo nodded her head.

 

"Oh, I see ... I was rushing just now, so I have to go first. Take care and see you soon. "

 

Again, the mysterious man gave Jisoo a sweet yet seductive smile to her. And she feels like her cheeks are going to turn red as her eyes saw that smile. But a moment later, Jisoo suddenly thought of something. If she not mistaken, that man was saying 'see you soon' to her... so isn't  it means that he is also a  new intake cadet just like her? Then they will meet again soon!

 

Jisoo watches the handsome man stepped away from her with a smile on her lips. And after a few moment, Woobin comes out of nowhere. There's wrinkle formed on his forehead as he saw his sister's facial expressions that seemed quite cheerful. Why this girl suddenly looks so happy now? Hmm..there must be something going on, thought Woobin.

 

"Oppa, will you accompany me for the registration now? I can't wait to be a true army!"


Author's Note:

So I have finished writing this chapter. First of all, please ignore my bad english as english is my second language lol. How was it? Is it so bad, good or just so-so? Let me know your thought for this chapter in the comment section below!