Scintilla : Chapter 5

Scintilla (Spark)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5
Scintilla (Spark)

“Beginning (noun)
The event consisting of the start of something.

 

“Happy Birthday!” Taeyeon cheerfully greets her best friend while holding a small piece of cake with lit candles on it and bunch of noisy women behind her, singing a Happy Birthday song.

Tiffany laughs at the sight and at the same time very grateful to once again have them for this year’s birthday. “Thank you!” she said once the singing slowly died down.

“Make a wish Fany-ah!” Taeyeon said, gesturing the cake and its candles near her.

With hands clasp together and eyes closed, Tiffany made a wish and blows the candles once she’s done. Receiving claps, childish cheers and a late sound of a newly popped party popper.

“That’s a bit late!” Yuri said to the other tall woman.

“My hands kept slipping off, okay?” Sooyoung retorted.

“Now now unnies, enough.” Said Yoona only to laugh at the end when the addressed women are both sticking their tongues out to each other.  

“Alright. Eating time!” Hyoyeon said as she immediately heads to the dining area where the other foods are placed for their small dinner party.

“I still prefer beef or chicken or pork or any meat but okay.” Yoona said upon arrival at the dining area.

“True but unfortunately, strict diet.”

“This is fine though, at least we’re together.”

“Picture time! Time to share the moments to our fans.”

 

And taking pictures they did. Each of them posted a picture or two on their Instagram accounts with different playful captions along with it except Yoona who still doesn’t have her account. That night they had fun, they talked a lot of things about the happenings lately especially the recent comeback and even the future plans are mentioned but majority of the talks would go back to random teasing like they usually do.

In the middle of laughter and talks, Tiffany heard her phone beeping for a new message. She unlocks the phone after seeing the name of the sender.

 

From: Nichkhun Horvejkul
“Happy Birthday Tiffany. Have a great and wonderful day. It’s Nickhun, just in case you deleted my number.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 12:40:03 AMKST]

 

Tiffany’s brows crease for a while with thumbs hovering on the screen of her phone. Several words are written and also deleted, basically she doesn’t know what to reply. They haven’t talked for months, no calls neither texts until few seconds ago.

“Thanks. Have a great day too!”
[August 1, 2015 :: 12:50:10 AMKST]

“Glad you replied.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 12:51:53 AMKST]

“Why wouldn’t I?”
[August 1, 2015 :: 12:57:08 AMKST]

“Because of what happened?? I just thought so.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 12:58:37 AMKST]

“It was a peaceful talk so I have no reasons not to reply to your messages.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 01:08:49 AMKST]

“Right but like I said, I just thought so.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 01:10:26 AMKST]

 

Tiffany decided not to reply and leave it be as she went back on talking to her friends that are pumping less alcohol content drink into their systems while talking.

She heard her phone beeps once again but decided to ignore it thinking it’s from the same person she had a brief conversation earlier. Another beeps but are ignored as she falls into the world where their talks are going. They decided to call it a night for another early schedule tomorrow – it’s another day of preparation for their upcoming comeback that’s going to happen in less than 3 weeks.

Tiffany had taken a shower and finally tucked under her comforter after saying good night to her roommate, Taeyeon, and a short cooing with their dogs when she decides to check her phone. Notifications from her social media accounts full of happy birthday greetings.

She replied each text messages she’d received especially those from her dad, brother and other relatives that are far away from her. She scrolls further and saw an unopened message from Jiyong.

 

From: Kwon Jiyong
“Fany Fany Fany Tiffany. Happy Birthday birthmonth-mate. (Is that even a word? kkk). Enjoy your day! Hyung also said a Happy Birthday!”
[August 1, 2015 :: 01:15:48 AMKST]

 

She checks the time and a light bulb light up, that beep earlier that she’d chosen to ignore was for that message.

 

“Thank you, Jiyong oppa! So sorry for the late reply though, just got home from a night out with the other girls. Tell Seunghyun oppa another thank you!”
[August 1, 2015 :: 02:30:22 AMKST]

 

A reply comes in after a few minutes while she’s replying to their group chat where Sooyoung is still teasing her. After she replied, she taps the message icon and then the message conversation.

 

“It’s fine! I assume you had a great night huh? I’m still with hyung and he said did you left a piece of cake for him?”
[August 1, 2015 :: 02:38:02 AMKST]

 

A smile.

 

“Yes although my father and brother aren’t around, I’m contented that I have my girls. Haha, I thought ghosts don’t eat?”
[August 1, 2015 :: 02:40:35 AMKST]

“You’ll get to celebrate it with them, next year maybe? Wait, can I call? Or it’s too late for you? Kinda lazy for texting and doing this relay game of you and hyung.”
[August 1, 2015 :: 02:43:49 AMKST]

“Hopefully. Sure, relay game though?”
[August 1, 2015 :: 02:45:06 AMKST]

 

A minute after she sent that, her phone rings for an upcoming call from Jiyong.

 

“Hey! Sorry for the late call.” Jiyong said.

“No worries oppa. Relay game?” Tiffany heard few lines of a song being played in the background. “Still in the studio?”

“Yeah. Relay game? You and hyung are doing this “please tell blahblah” that’s relay game, Fany-ah”

“Are you whining?” she snickers. “Aren’t you going to rest though?”

“I am!” she heard him snorts. “I will once these are done.”

She chuckles. “Oh my, doesn’t fit on you when you’re nearing 30s, oppa!” then receives a loud ‘Yah’ from the latter, she laughs. “Anyway, take a rest oppa. Concerts, recordings plus the Infinity Challenge thing. I’m sure you’re so worn out now.”

“I’m fine, Fany. I missed this routine and the man who’s basically near 30s is this.” The line

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter