Scintilla : Chapter 2

Scintilla (Spark)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2
Scintilla (Spark)

 

“Conversation (noun).
an informal exchange of ideas by spoken words.”

 

Two months quickly passed by and just like what the producers, dancers and Yang Hyun Suk himself predicted, BIGBANG made the first leg of their M-A-D-E comeback very successful. Hitting streaming roofs of different Korean music charts multiple times in over a week, breaking records after records such as the fastest Korean music video to ever achieved 4 million plus YouTube views in just a day since the release, millions of digital downloads recorded on Gaon chart and iTunes. The first stop of their MADE Tour in Seoul was very successful. Their concert tickets were sold out in just minutes, the site even crashed down due to overload but it’s not really unusual. BIGBANG concerts are mostly, if not always, sold out. Heck, they even had tours for over 2 years in Japan and a finale concert from each tours for 2-3 days in Seoul without new songs, tickets all sold out.

Of course, in every success there would always be people who would rather talk nasty things about idols or artists to prove to themselves that their opinions matter than minding their own lives, known as netizens, the keyboard ants and warriors. From online Journalists, fans from different newly emerged groups who think their idols are the origins of k-pop music or people who think they’re the descendants of Shakespeare who are trying to crack nothings.

Those events are nothing new to Seunghyun except the fact that after all these years, people who supported are still there for them. That no matter how many times they fell, faced different hard obstacles, nearly disbanded, their fans are still there, waiting for them to get up and continue the journey.

Pressured? Always. Tiring? Sometimes. Did he ever consider quitting? He did but his love to performing, composing, writing lyrics, acting and to their fans made him who he is right now not only as T.O.P but also as Choi Seunghyun.

From underground rapper named as Tempo, began his trainee days who definitely had a hard time in dancing – and so to speak –  almost had a stage name of Mark which in fact was very ridiculous and up to who he is right now, the one and the only T.O.P.

Being an idol or an artist has a lot of perks and disadvantages. One of the many disadvantages is the freedom to date freely. It’s like having thousands of fathers and mothers who are all trying to scrutinize the other party whether it’s a celebrity or not. Their non-celebrity partners had it worse though, they’ll get all the face and shaming which are very unnecessary but it’s just how it is. Not everyone will be happy in everything they do and in every decision that they make. 

Seunghyun isn’t really affected by those dating issues or disadvantages, it’s the fact that he couldn’t find anyone who he would consider as a woman who’s going to be the receiver of his love and passion. Is he picky? Probably but you couldn’t blame a man who wants someone who likes him as who he is and not what he is and has.

Kids, he loves them. Their laughs are symphony to his ears, their smiles are living majestic arts to his eyes and their smooth and soft skins are billion dollar worth canvas to his senses. His nephew, Yeonjun, is giving him a lot of happiness and satisfactions in life the past years. He brings him so much joy like no matter how many times the kid would pick on his wrist watches or imitate his gestures or wear that big inflatable crown light stick, he is a whipped uncle and he’s very proud of it.

There are days when her sister asked him when is he going to have his own little Choi and his parents asking for a grandchildren from him but all he could answer are just a smile and soft “Soon.”. Like as if he could rush that anyway.

 

“So you’re going to attend the fashion event tomorrow?” Jiyong said as he takes a sit on the black leather chair across his own in front of the main studio.

“Yes. It’s going to be very awkward. It’s always you and Youngbae who attend fashion events.”

“True but you have to be there, Korean Male Muse of Dior.” He snickers.

Seunghyun scoffs whilst grabbing a stick of cigarette from the box that Jiyong offered to him. “Male Muse.” He replied with mockery. “Good thing Hyun Suk hyung is going to be there.” He continued before lighting up his stick.

Jiyong laughs after puffing a smoke. “Damn, that’s going to be more awkward though.”

A shrug. “But it’s better than nothing.” A puff of smoke.

“Oh come on, one of our noonas are going to be there plus Soohyuk is going to be there too.”

“Right like as if he’s not going with a friend.”

A chuckle. “Relax hyung, you’re going to be fine. It’s only an hour event, you’ll survive.”

 

***

 

“Hey wassup, Korean Female Muse of Dior!” Sooyoung chimed to the smiling Tiffany who just came out from the recording booth when she entered the recording studio.

Her smile dropped and glared at her friend. “Shut up and condition your vocal chords, you’re going in after Hyoyeon.” She then takes a sit beside Taeyeon who’s checking her lyrics from her pad. “You’re late by the way, Choi Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung snickers. “Yes ma’am. Bossy as always, Ms

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter