Otakus and Awkwardness

The Slytherin Hooligan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just really quickly. Is strong language considered mature content? I'm personally not sure as I don't want to tag my fic as Mature content and risk losing my younger audience. However, if strong language can be flagged, then I'll have no choice but to make this fic rated M. I'm a strong advocate of using whatever words truly express your opinion of a topic, and I won't dumb down my dialogue. If anyone could answer my question, please comment! Thank you and enjoy the chapter!

 

Mina strolled through the book shelves and found Momo already occupying one the tables, papers with calculations strewn about.

           "Ah, Myoui. I've already started with the calculations for the Raite roots. Could you figure out how much of the Faste powder we'll need to balance out the acidity?" asked Momo, writing while standing up.

           "Oh, yeah sure. How long have you been here?" asked Mina, setting her book bag down and pulling out her quill and inkpot.  

           Momo glanced at her watch "About an hour. I just finished Defense Against the Dark Arts homework a few minutes before you came."

           The two worked in silence for the next hour save for the scribble of their quills. Actually, scratch that. Quill singular. As Mina noticed, Hirai was writing with a emerald green fountain pen rather than a quill, but she didn't want to ask while the blond was so deeply focused.

           Rumble~

           Momo dropped her pen to clutch her stomach, and Mina fought not to laugh. Momo grimaced.

           "I did not have lunch because of the chaos that was Wang's escapade with the Slytherin quidditch team's clothes…" muttered Momo. Mina smirked and looked behind her. Madam Pince was berating a second year for putting his book on the floor and using it as a footrest. She'll be occupied for a while.

           Mina dug into her bag and pulled out a Cauldron Cake. She slid it across the table to Momo. She looked up with a slightly suspicious look.

           "I haven't done anything to it! You think I would do that to my Potions partner?" asked Mina, raising an eyebrow. Momo looked past Mina's shoulder at Madam Pince before opening the plastic wrapping. She tore the cake in half and handed half to Mina. She wasn't sure if that was out of kindness or if she really thought Mina poisoned the pastry.

           She quickly bit into the cake, and Momo waited until after she swallowed before cautiously biting in too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter