Eight

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yifan stares at Hae Yeon napping peacefully with her head resting on one of his math workbooks. Hae Yeon has nodded off from tutoring Yifan for the past two hours. He admires her perfect profile, her porcelain skin, her long eyelashes, her soft hair. Because Yifan is avoided like the plague at school, it was his first time being in such close proximity with someone- especially someone as stunning as Hae Yeon. 

"Lee Hae Yeon." Yifan calls her name softly to wake her up, but Hae Yeon remains unstirred from her nap. He leans in closer to call her again, but at that moment Hae Yeon opens her sleepy eyes. Her eyes widen when she registers Yifan's face close to her. He immediately pulls away from her and looks away, his ears turning bright red. 

"What were you trying to do?" Hae Yeon asks Yifan, straightening from her napping position and stretches out her slender arms. She looks out the classroom window and is surprised to see that the sky has already turned dark.

Yifan avoids her curious eyes and quickly shoves his workbooks into his schoolbag. "Nothing." He mumbles. He slings his bag over his wide shoulder and turns to leave. 

"Yah, let's go together!" Hae Yeon shouts to him and quickly follows him out the empty school building. "Where are you going?"

"Home." Yifan answers obviously and gives her a look with his dark eyes. "Aren't you going to head home too? It's late."

"Not yet." I want to be with you a while longer, Hae Yeon thinks to herself. 

"Then, thanks for tutoring me." He tips his head at her and turns to leave for his bus stop. Hae Yeon grabs on to the sleeve of his school blazer to stop Yifan from taking another step away from her. He turns to look down at the slender hand grasping onto his uniform.

"Get home safely, Yifan. I'll see you tomorrow." Hae Yeon tells him quietly before letting go of him. Yifan can't help but smile to himself at the words coming from a girl that is at least a head shorter then him.

"Don't worry about me. I'll still be here tomorrow." He replies before walking away. Hae Yeon watches him reach the bus stop before leaving herself. I wish I will get to see you tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that..., she thinks to herself. 

~~~~~

"Yo, how'd the 'tutoring' go?" Sehun asks, suddenly striding up to Hae Yeon and matches her pace as she walks to class. Without bothering to look at her new companion, Hae Yeon already recognizes the owner of the voice. 

"Fine."

"Oh yeah? Tell me about it." Sehun says with a curious smile. 

"I've been thinking..." She finally turns to look at Sehun walking besides her. "There is no way that I can make sure the 18 year-old me will be able to keep Yifan by my side once I leave this place."

Sehun rubs his chin while he thinks about what Hae Yeon just told him. "That's true. You're just going to have to believe in your 18 year-old self."

"Can't I just stay here forever?" Hae Yeon comes to a stop and looks hopefully into Sehun's eyes. "And pretend the future never happened?"

Sehun's face immediately clouds over at her foolish words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter