three;

Petrichor

You thought it was going to rain that day, but it wasn’t, which was actually a bummer because you and Chanyeol expected it to rain that day, so you both chose your wedding to be indoor – not that you didn’t like the venue, it was a lovely place after all. You were nervously staring at your reflection on the huge mirror in front of you and you couldn’t stop playing with your hand – or your hair, just to ease away the nervousness. “Your bridesmaids told me you are nervous as hell,”. The voice you knew so well suddenly filled the room as you could saw his figure from the mirror. “Don’t be, it’s Chanyeol by the way, what are you worrying about?”. Your older brother sat besides you and gave you a soothing pat on your back.

“I mean, what if I trip on the aisle?”. You raised your eyebrow at him. “Honestly, the more you think about it, the more the chances for it to really happen,”. Baekhyun shrugged. “You are not helping,”. You glared at him as a response. “Okay, what if he won’t be there, like you know, he suddenly back out or something?”. You know you were muttering nonsense thing but hey, everything is possible. “Seriously, do you really think he would do that?” Baekhyun sneered at you before he broke into a sarcastic laughter. “No, do you really think I would let him do that?” He added. “I would tie his feet and glue it at the end of the aisle, you understand that?” Baekhyun said. “And I would chop off his private parts and mutilate his body if he ever just think about doing that,” He huffed and made you chuckled.

“You really don’t have to do that,” You replied with a smile, “Thank you,”. “I mean, do you really think he would run away at some point? That Park Chanyeol?”. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. “I don’t know, no?” You said. “Do you remember when I didn’t pick you up the day Chanyeol confess to you?” He suddenly asked and it took you a couple seconds to process what he was trying to say. “Yeah, guess who beg me the night before,” Baekhyun grinned. “I knew it was fishy though, that you just ditch me like that,” You said nonchalantly and left him in silence for a little bit, before he forced you to get up and shoved you behind the dressing divider – which you pretty was there just for the room decoration – and told you to wait.

You heard the door being closed and you thought it was stupid to just wait there after almost five minutes before you heard how someone entered the room. “First of all, do you really think I would run away from the day that I’ve been waiting since I first saw you on the library?”. “Yah, Park Chanyeol, you shouldn’t be here, we can’t meet,”. You were happy that you could finally hear his voice again, but still tradition is a tradition. “We didn’t meet, there are this divider, and I can’t see you just yet,”. You could sense how he grinned stupidly just like he always does, even though you didn’t see him.

“Besides, Baekhyun told me that you were having a mental breakdown and I can’t let that happen,” He said and followed with a light chuckle. “You are a silly girl, you know that? Even if you tripped, I will still marry you, baby,” He added. “And I will be there, I promise, it’s killing me to wait two more hours just to see you in a wedding dress, god, you will be so beautiful that even all angels are ashamed,”. Chanyeol continued. “You know, I’m the one who should be nervous, I’m afraid that you won’t be there,” He said.

“That is so ridiculous, of course I will be there,”. You tried to assure him. “And that’s why you shouldn’t worry for such thing, because I will be there for you too,” He replied. “Chanyeol,” You suddenly called out his name, which actually came out more like a whisper. “Hm?”. “I really, really, love you, you know that?” You said as a smile curled up on your lips. “And I really, really, really love you too,” He replied. “I love you that every time I went away the first thing I remember is you, that every time our eyes met it always feels like it was the first time at the library when your eyes were the only thing playing on my mind for three days before I decided to talk to you so that I won’t go crazy, I love you that every thing fades away everything you smile and it’s like every thing I see screams your name and it was always too much, but at the same time it was too little because I know even though you are the one I’m spending my lifetime with, I will still couldn’t get enough of you, and that’s how much I need you,”.

“Did you just do our vow?” You replied with so much of an amusement. “Oh, trust me baby, my vow will be much longer than just that,” He said with a laugh. “Every one probably going to get bored when I say my vow,” He continued. “I won’t,” You said. “I would like to record it if I could,” You added with a smile. “Don’t worry, I will gladly to reply it all over again I that’s my princess want,”. You could feel him smiling. “You make me wanted to walk on the aisle as fast as I could, you know,” You chuckled and made him burst into a light laugh too. “So, see you at the end of the aisle then?”. You smiled at the question though, he actually said that like exactly how he asked you out for the first time, like it’s not your wedding day, like it’s just another one of your date, but you like it though, you like it how he can ease all your nervousness just like that.

 

“Sure, see you there,”.


this chapter was inspiried by a prompt in tumblr.