two;

Petrichor

It was one in the afternoon and the sky was cloudy – you sat there alone beside the window of your apartment. It has been three years since you graduated college and you had gotten a nice job, but you were currently taking your break. It has been three years since Chanyeol asked you out on that street food place – which his friends couldn’t stop teasing him about on how unromantic and anti- his action was. But you couldn’t be any more careless though, all you need is Chanyeol after all. You were staring at the trace of him on the apartment, you could see how his favorite cereal was on the counter of the kitchen, or how his guitar was beside the television.

Goodness, you missed him and he won’t be there until midnight before he has to go to another trip. He never really traveled a lot for work before but somehow that month was a hectic month for both of you. You decided to move to your room and sat on your king sized bed that you have shared with Chanyeol since last year, and you have been waking up to the even brighter sunshine than the sun itself every morning since then. You opened up your laptop to see whether there was still some works that needed to be done – which you find none, everything was settled, that’s why you were taking a break – you ended up scrolling through random webpage.

You thought it was almost evening when you heard the door was being unlocked and soft footsteps afterward. You immediately got up from your bed and ran to the living room only to find the sight of giant figure of Chanyeol, and without thinking too much, you threw yourself at him and gave him a tight hug. “Hey, baby,”. He chuckled at your action before he put down his suitcase and hugged you back. “Someone has been missing me so much even though I only went out for three days,”. He planted a deep kiss on the crown of your head, as he smelled the scent of your vanilla shampoo he loves so much. “I have no one to bother when you were not around, Yeol, it’s getting boring nowadays when you were so busy with stuffs and I’m stuck with you only, so,”. You shrugged nonchalantly but pecked his lips nonetheless.

“And you are going to be gone for the next five days,”. You smiled bitterly this time before he cupped your face and went to the same eye level as yours. “But after that, I won’t be going anywhere,” He smiled as he kissed your forehead gently. “Why are you home so fast though, you should be home at midnight,” You said. “Oh, because I always have ways to spend more times with you,”. He flashed you his mischievous smirk. “I want to ask you out to grab some food, but it’s raining,” He suddenly said as he rested his chin on the top of your head. “I’ve eaten already,” You chuckled. “Oh, great, you actually remember to eat,”. He smirked at you, which you only replied with a glare before you pushed him to the bathroom.

Hours later, you found both of you on the couch, cuddling and enjoying each other presence while watching a movie before you have to part again from him the next morning. “I’ve missed you so much, I put the vanilla over the bolster and thought it was you,” He huffed. “That’s a ridiculous move, Chanyeol, it’s only three days, stop acting like it was three decades,”. You chuckled. “Said the one who actually welcome me like I just risen from the death,”. Chanyeol gave you another poker face as he scoffed. “It was all reflex,” You snapped. “But you did miss me so much you thought you could die, hm?” You added. “I actually did, I don’t know what will I do for the next five days,”. He shrugged.

“I know right,” You sighed, thinking about the day without Chanyeol. You know you were obvious as and he must’ve had noticed it despite how hard you were teasing him by denying it, but you did really hate it to spend time without him, sometimes you couldn’t even remember what you life was like before Chanyeol. “Have fun with the boys though,” You added. “Yeah, you too,” He said, but quickly added, “I mean, don’t have funs with boys, just have fun with your girls,”. “Yes, sir,”. You chuckled at his reaction. “Since we are going to have so much fun with the others but not with each other tomorrow, how about we have fun right now,”. He suddenly went on the top of you. “Have you ever feel tired, Yeol?” You chuckled but circled your arm on his neck nonetheless. “With you? Nah, it’s basically impossible, baby,” He said before he planted long deep kiss as he carried you to the bedroom in process.

The next morning, you could feel the huge space beside yours and you noticed Chanyeol wasn’t there any longer, but the side of his bed was still warm, means he just got up. You stood up carefully from your bed only too realized that you were wearing his black shirt, which cover only until your mid-thigh. You soon found him on the kitchen, leaning against the counter as he poured the cereal on the bowl. “Oh, you are awake,”. He smiled at you when you moved next to him. “Morning, princess,” He said as he kissed your cheek. “I want some too, Yeol,” You said as you pointed at the bowl. “Okay, let me get some for you, take a seat on the table, pretty,”. He smiled.

You did as what he said and took a seat. You were waiting for him when you caught yourself again, admiring at the silver band on your left hand’s fourth finger – it was indeed very beautiful. A couple minutes later, Chanyeol went to seat with you with two bowls on both his hands. “One for the handsome, one for the adorable,”. He grinned widely. “When will you stop calling yourself that,”. You raised your eyebrow. “Why should I stop stating the fact?”. He shrugged nonchalantly. “Gross,” You chuckled. “But you love me, right?”. He grinned at you as he leaned to kiss you but before he could do that, there was a loud knocking sound coming from the door. “Urgh, it still seven in the morning,” He groaned as he stood up and went to the door.

You saw him opened it only to reveal that the three of his best friends stood there with the huge grin. “Time to go, giant,”. The one named Sehun, said as he pulled Chanyeol out. “Yah, I haven’t even take a bath,” Chanyeol protested. “You cheated last night, you weren’t even suppose to meet her, you punk,” Another guy named Jongin, snapped. “So from now on until d-day, you aren’t allowed to meet her or else,” Sehun added. “You guys, don’t go so hard on him,” You said as you leaned to the wall and smiled at their antics. “I still want him in one piece,” You added.

“We will take care of him very well, don’t worry,” The one named Kyungsoo said with a somewhat an evil smile. “Save me,” Chanyeol mouthed to you but you just shrugged at him. “Yah, stop pulling me, okay I’ll go, just one goodbye, I swear,” Chanyeol suddenly said. “Fine, release him boys,” Jongin said. “One last goodbye,” Sehun stated again before letting Chanyeol go as he went straight to you. “Don’t miss me too much, pretty,” He said immediately and pecked your lips before he grinned,

 

 

“So, see you at our wedding then,”.