Chapter 2

Rewind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun closed the door his last patient’s room. He had already done doing his routine check-up to all of his patients. His today’s schedule is very tight that he couldn’t even take time to grab some breakfast. He walked down the aisle and ready to go back to his previous patient’s room that needs to do an X-Ray soon. The nurses and staff that pass by were greeting him and he replied it politely.

“Good morning, Doctor Oh.” Greeted one of the nurses and bowed at him.

“Morning,” He said and bowed at her.

Sehun was known as a rising doctor for this past 2 years because his track record was very brilliant. He’s known as a straight-forward doctor because he will tell his patient the truth even though it will hurt his patient’s feeling. He never want to give his patient a fake hope so he will just going tell them the truth. But he will fight till end for his patient to get recovery. Though the truth is already hurts, he didn’t want to give up that easily to fight for his patient. He would do all his best.

He hadn’t even made a bad record yet so everybody in Myungsei Hospital is believes that every patient that he handle would recover. But Sehun didn’t want to get too cocky and he thought that he’s lucky enough that he hadn’t even made a bad record yet. He always keeps low profile and warm so he wouldn’t break his career.

He arrived in front room302 and walked in. His widen when he saw his patient lying on the floor holding her left leg. He went straight to her and then noticed the bloodshot on her eyes.

“Hey, what’s going on?” He asked.  

“Did something happen?”

Her body trembled so hard and she didn’t reply his word instead saying the words that Sehun barely understand. “Please, please, please, I don’t want to be like this.” She murmured while tears streaming down her face.

Her back was facing him so he decided to pull her shoulder making her to face him. “I don’t want to be like this,” Her voiced cracked and shook her head with looking at Sehun.

Sehun stared at her eyes and he could feel that. She felt frustrated even though she hasn’t known it yet whether her left leg is going work or not. Sehun knew that she had been trying to move her left leg and she fell off from her bed. That’s the common thing that his patients with leg injury did.

He wrapped his arm around her legs and neck to lifting her up.

She seemed surprised and tried to push him away but failed because his gripped is too strong. He put her back to her bed and put the IV fluids to its place. He saw her trying to avoid his gaze and tears still streaming down her face.

Sehun let out his breath before he spoke, “If you are still going to cry it won’t help your leg.” He said and folded his arms on his chest and still looking straight at Eunha.

And then she looked up. “And then how? How am I supposed to do to get my leg working again?” She asked him.

“All you have to do is wait. Be patient. I and the other doctors in here are going to help you. Even though in the end the result is not as you expected but I am willing to do whatever it is to get your leg back as normal.” He snapped.

He looked at her knowing that she a little bit taken back when he snapped at her. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you. It’s just that, I just didn’t like my patient feeling down when they don’t even know the result yet.” He said and his voice showed that he felt guilty after he snapped at her.

“But I’m afraid. I’m afraid and frustrated because I can’t move my left leg until now. I’m afraid there might be a bad thing will happen to my leg. What if my leg is going paralyzed forever? What if I couldn’t walk with my two legs forever? It scares me. I couldn’t imagine my life if I only got to walk with one leg.” She spoke without even looking at him.

He fought the urge to pull her hair aside so he could see her face clearly. He wouldn’t do something like that to his patient when he’s only talking to his patient. But he’s curious with this girl in front of him. Since the first time he met her this morning, he thought she wasn’t that kind of person who easily get afraid and frustrated. Sure she almost crying when she found out that she couldn’t move one of her leg, but he didn’t think that it would take this further to her. She looked like a strong person when the first time he met her.

“You shouldn’t be like that. Sure you can worry and afraid what will happen with your leg before the result is coming, but don’t feel frustrated because it will prevent you for getting recover. If you are feeling frustrated, you will give up that easily from getting recovery. You will not continue to do things that will make you better because you already thought it’s useless.” Sehun said like he could read her mind.

And then he did what he wanted to do a few minutes ago. He pulled her hair aside so he could saw her face clearly. He saw a few bruises and wound on her face and neck. He has to admit that she’s actually beautiful even though there are a lot bruises that covered on her face.

And then he remembered something. “I need to change your bandages. I’ll be right back.” He said and walked out from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter